Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

came back - whats the best way to make money?

EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

so apparently they nerfed the hell out of the drops from when i left (especially dye drops) so whats the best way for someone who has no interest in playing the TP to make money?

Comments

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Fractals.

Lots and lots and lots of fractals.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by Ecoces

so apparently they nerfed the hell out of the drops from when i left (especially dye drops) so whats the best way for someone who has no interest in playing the TP to make money?

Shh your not allowed to say that, the drops have never been nerfed apparently.  What do you want money for? isnt everything free? 

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Do what I do.

Get Magic Find gear and go into a dungeon with pugs.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

Originally posted by jpnz
    Do what I do.

If I ever find out you're wearing full magic find gear in a dungeon in a group I'm in. I'd kick you out in under a heart beat.

Save your magic find gear for farming and don't be a leech.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Ecoces

nothing but fractals it's why i havent really played in weeks and posted twice a week in forums keep the threads alive complaining about it.

Originally posted by AzurePrower

Do what I do.

If I ever find out you're wearing full magic find gear in a dungeon in a group I'm in. I'd kick you out in under a heart beat.

Save your magic find gear for farming and don't be a leech.

Since there are no 'inspect', good luck with that. Hahaha.

Course I used transmute so it isn't totally obvious and the GW2LFG.com is awesome to find some random people I don't care about.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• BetakodoBetakodo Member UncommonPosts: 333

Lol wow. If he had a furry avatar, you wouldn't be saying that. Dropping something small like condition damage or dropping like 10 points of damage isn't that harmful.

The run takes a bit longer by about 20% but you earn about 60-70% more gold so yes, totally worth it.

Gdemami -

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Magic Find farming and Fractals are NOT the best way to make money.

• Magic Find farming in Orr, Skelks in Cursed Shore, or Grawl in Frostgorge = Varies a bit depending on luck.  Average 2-3g per hour.
    • Fractals = Varies if you sell all your materials, especially Ectoplasms, Cores, and Lodestones (rare).  Typically nets 2g on average per hour.
    • AC and CoF EXP Mode farming = 4g per hour, does not vary much depending on luck.  You gain badges for gear too.  Use Onnomberry Bars.  Do not use magic find gear in a dungeon, it will go faster if you are properly geared and not wasting your third stat.

All of above have about the same potential for exotic named drops, including precursors which requires some lottery level luck.

In explorable dungeons legendary MOBs drop 12s-18s, completion first and second time per path nets 26s (reduced to 13, 9, and less after repeat farming), and champions drop around 7s.  AC and CoF are the fastest with the most champion/legendary trash/bonus MOBs which make them solid for farming (and they are extremely easy dungeons).  Champion/Legendary also drop bags of wonderous goods which contain karma, more gold, and badges.  The gold and bags do not apply to Fractal bosses.

The fastest way to make money is by far flipping on the trade post.  While risky, done correctly this can net you anywhere from 15-250% profit and you can potentially invest your entire gold pool, so the more gold you have the faster you are going to make money.

Originally posted by AzurePrower   Originally posted by jpnz Do what I do.   Get Magic Find gear and go into a dungeon with pugs.
      If I ever find out you're wearing full magic find gear in a dungeon in a group I'm in. I'd kick you out in under a heart beat. Save your magic find gear for farming and don't be a leech.
    Since there are no 'inspect', good luck with that. Hahaha.

Course I used transmute so it isn't totally obvious and the GW2LFG.com is awesome to find some random people I don't care about.

It's that kind of attitude of people that makes me annoyed that soon groups have to ask people to link their gear for a quick run.

You say the run takes 20% longer because you're in magic find gear. Yet it is only more profitable to you and only you. That is quite selfish reasoning. If every one in the group donned on magic find gear (which should be the case if any one is going to run with magic find). How long would the run take then?

It is a fact that Magic Find is a major stat on magic find gear. You even have less power than some one with full berserker gear. You are losing 30% of your damage. Whilst the other people in the group have to pull your weight that the group is lacking.

If you think this is okay because you're joining up with people you don't know. Then you are abusing the trust of others and are the reason people ask for damage meters.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Magnum2103

Magic Find farming and Fractals are NOT the best way to make money.

• Magic Find farming in Orr, Skelks in Cursed Shore, or Grawl in Frostgorge = Varies a bit depending on luck.  Average 2-3g per hour.
    • Fractals = Varies if you sell all your materials, especially Ectoplasms, Cores, and Lodestones (rare).  Typically nets 2g on average per hour.
    • AC and CoF EXP Mode farming = 4g per hour, does not vary much depending on luck.  You gain badges for gear too.  Use Onnomberry Bars.  Do not use magic find gear in a dungeon, it will go faster if you are properly geared and not wasting your third stat.

All of above have about the same potential for exotic named drops, including precursors which requires some lottery level luck.

In explorable dungeons legendary MOBs drop 12s-18s, completion first and second time per path nets 26s (reduced to 13, 9, and less after repeat farming), and champions drop around 7s.  AC and CoF are the fastest with the most champion/legendary trash/bonus MOBs which make them solid for farming (and they are extremely easy dungeons).  Champion/Legendary also drop bags of wonderous goods which contain karma, more gold, and badges.  The gold and bags do not apply to Fractal bosses.

The fastest way to make money is by far flipping on the trade post.  While risky, done correctly this can net you anywhere from 15-250% profit and you can potentially invest your entire gold pool, so the more gold you have the faster you are going to make money.

1. Fractals = ascended gear which skewes g/hour

2. higher level fractals have higher drop rates so g/hour rises

3. dungeons have DR so its only viable to run same path (most efficient one) twice. Then you move to fractals

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    IMO there is no good way to farm. I blame the games horrible loot system that was meant to avoid the tag fest but lets face it, when there are 50 peeps farming in Orr. You better do X% of damage or you aint getting loot on that mob. Fact.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    How come no one said crafting?
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"