Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ALTERNATIVE TO DAY-Z OR WAR-Z(day-z clone)

mcoolmcool Member UncommonPosts: 122

the mmorpg community seems to fixated on the next wow killer but what are you doing as a community to help.

indie game developers are constantly creating new games that are diverse and fun but you guys( yes YOU) dont support it, instead you rather check out EA games or blizzard for upcoming mmo's. its not that the majority of the gaming community are bunch of followers, its that you guys go to the same companies for games you arent happy with

example, '' COD4 was the best , nothing matches it'' 2009

'' blacks ops is shit, they completely  nefred  the game, its so hard to quick scope etc" 2010

"" did you play MW3, the story was shit and th aps was boring, i might return it" 2011

" blacks ops 2 is just the same as ///  HOLD IT .... WHY ARE YOU STILL PLAYING

you guys complain about call of duty year after year but you still buy the game. most of you dislike WOW because its grindy and reptitive but yet you will pre-order the next expansion pack

games are more creative than EVER.  teens can even program their own game (side scroll,2d or 3d) thanks to unity and other game dev tools. but you guys arent giving indie developers a chance.

here is my indiegogo campaign 

http://www.indiegogo.com/CODE-Z/x/1825980      you can support ,share or ignore,. its near impossible to get funding for a game and even harder to advertise. i'am working my ass off to make sure this game gets released, its the only game to feature emergent narrative.. at least check it out if your not going to contribute

Comments

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by mcool

the mmorpg community seems to fixated on the next wow killer but what are you doing as a community to help.

indie game developers are constantly creating new games that are diverse and fun but you guys( yes YOU) dont support it, instead you rather check out EA games or blizzard for upcoming mmo's. its not that the majority of the gaming community are bunch of followers, its that you guys go to the same companies for games you arent happy with

example, '' COD4 was the best , nothing matches it'' 2009

'' blacks ops is shit, they completely  nefred  the game, its so hard to quick scope etc" 2010

"" did you play MW3, the story was shit and th aps was boring, i might return it" 2011

" blacks ops 2 is just the same as ///  HOLD IT .... WHY ARE YOU STILL PLAYING

you guys complain about call of duty year after year but you still buy the game. most of you dislike WOW because its grindy and reptitive but yet you will pre-order the next expansion pack

games are more creative than EVER.  teens can even program their own game (side scroll,2d or 3d) thanks to unity and other game dev tools. but you guys arent giving indie developers a chance.

here is my indiegogo campaign 

http://www.indiegogo.com/CODE-Z/x/1825980      you can support ,share or ignore,. its near impossible to get funding for a game and even harder to advertise. i'am working my ass off to make sure this game gets released, its the only game to feature emergent narrative.. at least check it out if your not going to contribute

Not a real good PR pitch. A bit off putting in fact.

-Anyhow. Carry on with the broad brush strokes about "us guys"...

• mcoolmcool Member UncommonPosts: 122
    how is it offputting, its the reality.. people arent looking or supporting indie games. 
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351

I would like to recommend fixing up your spelling, grammar, capitalization, and punctuation on your indiegogo page.  Right now, it makes you look unprofessional.

But even if you got your $5500 in funding, what exactly would you do with it?  You're not going to make a complete game with anywhere near the complexity that you're promising on that budget.

how is it offputting, its the reality.. people arent looking or supporting indie games. 

What are you talking about? Go to tales of Rampant Coyote and start reading- Indies are bigger than ever and crowdfunding is going crazy.

I have donated towards two Indies myself-

I have been gaming for almost 30 years and have never seen such a plethora of Indie funding and acceptence as I do today- I also see lots of scams "cashing in" on the indie rush with Kickstarter and such.

Edit: The very fact that Vogels "Spiderweb Software" games were on Steams front page says we are most certainly in a time of Indie acceptence. Hands down.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Originally posted by Quizzical

I would like to recommend fixing up your spelling, grammar, capitalization, and punctuation on your indiegogo page.  Right now, it makes you look unprofessional.

But even if you got your $5500 in funding, what exactly would you do with it?  You're not going to make a complete game with anywhere near the complexity that you're promising on that budget.

I agree.  It is a sentence such as this "the Game development team are optimistic about my game idea and decided to produce the game at a very low cost ." that make things look unprofessional.  It should be is.  Development team is singular

$5,500 will be able to create a small sandbox game with the featrues i mentioned.

we are not paying huge salaries to anybody ,which is why the amount is so low. this is an investment, we have calculated the cost and decided thst this the right amount for the game..

will fix the mistakes on the page ,thank you

crowdfunding is still new and not at the level its supposed to be. lets be honest, indie games have reputation of experimentng too much.

although indie games is bigger than ever ,there is a long, long way to go .people prefer to visit EAor eidos,blizzard etcfor upcoming games

• django-djangodjango-django Member Posts: 115
    Originally posted by Quizzical

As a marketing leader for my job I would have to agree with this. ^^

Your idea as whole maybe great and has a lot of potential, but if you want to get donations, then work on the overall image of the campaign. Spelling and grammar are a must, this already tells me that you haven't put the effort into making your page look presentable to those who are willing to spend money on your vision. Stick to the one type of heading, at the bottom you started using two different styles, it makes it look sloppy. Show your plan of attack in regards to this project, like outlining a plan of what this $5500 is exactly going to be used for ect. This is a mild version of my professional opinion. 

Professionalism is a huge aspect, especially in a campaign requesting donations. Regardless the idea is interesting though, with potential to be something. 

crowdfunding is still new and not at the level its supposed to be. lets be honest, indie games have reputation of experimentng too much.

although indie games is bigger than ever ,there is a long, long way to go .people prefer to visit EAor eidos,blizzard etcfor upcoming games

Some people maybe- But to tar us all with such a broad brush is a dire mistake.

Personally I play and support 99% indies and primarily only play "AAA" games on my PS3 (and primarily Sports games like MLB: The Show)- I used to love AAA games from the 1990s and early 00's but somewhere along the line they seem to have lost their soul.

I see the biggest movement toward indies that I have ever seen- And some great stuff out (like Knights of the Chalice and FTL) and coming (Like Grimoire, and Age of Decadence)-

Sites such as RPG Codex and Tales of rampant Coyote show there is a hardcore Indie following and (if anything) it is growing. People will pony up some cash for an "idea" if its good enough and the devs seem capable enough- That is unprecidented in what I have ever seen.

IMHO "AAA" games are bloated, overfunded and afraid to take risks- The tech is there for indie developers to take the risks and still make a quality game and the line is blurring.

-Anyhow, I wish you luck. Still felt your post was off putting as it seemed to be "accusing" folks of "getting what they deserve" by not supporting Indies, when, in fact- many (if not most) of us ARE supporting Indies in some way, shape or form.

• WonderweissMWonderweissM Member UncommonPosts: 127
    You hurt my feelings :(

i agree but the main problem i have is advertising, even if everything was perfect, it is still difficult to raise donations since i havent got gameplay and the contacts

advertisng is the main problem for me, i'am editing the page on the go. i made the font of questions different from the rest since i thought it might look good, i guess not. 

its so stressful doing it by myself,i wish i had help or the money so i wouldnt need to use indiegogo..thanks for the advice

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    'Cuz close enufgh fo gommint wurk aint close enuf fo my mony.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

the reason i accused people is because as i'am going around trying to get people to support my game , I realised that people aren't interested simply because I'am not backed by a credible game dev team

its difficult to statr at the beginning and players are harsh towards newbies. 

the reason i accused people is because as i'am going around trying to get people to support my game , I realised that people aren't interested simply because I'am not backed by a credible game dev team

its difficult to statr at the beginning and players are harsh towards newbies. 

The financial world is harsh to anyone.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

i feel to give up. the hope is kinda lost.  people are viewing my campaign but nobody is donating..

you can say " it doesnt look professional or "too many errors" but at the end of the day are you interested in the box or the present inside. 

if you believed in the idea ,you would contribute regardless. i doubt many of you would drop gta5 because of the spelling mistakes or errors on the box. in fact most of you would still play evenif it had bugs...

All you've done here is say the following:

"Give me MY money so I can make MY game so YOU can buy MY game so I can make more money."

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    I can barely get my computer away from my kids.  All they want to play is Mine-Z.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

how? but when CALL OF  DUTY releases there call of duty elite, nobody says anything..

the truth is your just saying that because I'am not established. 

criticize me all you want. at least am trying.. when war z released their game they got 788,000 sheep to play but when i do it i get nobody.. 

judge my gameplay elements, constructive criticism is all i ask

Originally posted by Grunty

All you've done here is say the following:

"Give me MY money so I can make MY game so YOU can buy MY game so I can make more money."

pretty much this- And then..."I feel like giving up"...

If this is your dream, you should take the pride to make sure everything was correct before going public(spelling, info, etc...) . The Art work is quite good and you clearly have talent in that regard but to ask for money with the given information...Idk...

There has to be something more before I would give a dime (not that I have a dime to give ATM as one can only back so many games)- You are competing with other Indies wanting backiong as well and folks can only support so many "dreams"- make yours stand out more.

all you guys are doing is just bashing my game without judging it properly,

been here , done that. i have been a member since 2007 , before most of you . i know how this community works. 

there are too many critical people here

• Godshelp12Godshelp12 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    edited August 2015

[Delete]

Post edited by Godshelp12 on
    Personally I"ve only purchased on Grand Theft Auto game. I didn't buy more because I didn't like the game.  I've bought 3 Call of Duty games and have enjoyed them enough to justify the $20.00 max I paid for each game. I'll buy more of them for what they are worth to me; $20.00 or less.
    i'am making changes as we speak. but the encouragment levels are too low. 

all you guys are doing is just bashing my game without judging it properly,

been here , done that. i have been a member since 2007 , before most of you . i know how this community works. 

there are too many critical people here

Are you for real? How are we "bashing your game" when there is no game to bash>? How are we Judging your game when all we have is a campaign asking for money with no screenshot or very little information and you come here with a hostile post asking for money.

...I mean...Really????