Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Only 5 Man PVE Content??

blazeicerblazeicer Member UncommonPosts: 72
Unacceptable...... Not getting this... 

Comments

• Nekky_FateNekky_Fate Member UncommonPosts: 162
    OK...
  • JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Man, I bet the whole community is going to lose sleep now becuase you aren't going to play.
  • blazeicerblazeicer Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Originally posted by JemAs666
    Man, I bet the whole community is going to lose sleep now becuase you aren't going to play.
    Sorry to disappoint you guys :/ , but GL and HF

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250

I don't think it matters - not in the way that not playing matters - but in the way that the game is f2p.

You can always download it later, try it and delete it. So you can't actually "get it" even if you want to...

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

Honestly ill probubly pick it up JUST for the foundry.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

For me, 5 people parties and raids are a plus thing - though they have not yet mentioned if PvP will be 5 vs 5 in flag capture or more...

What I don't like is them saying "5 people parties at launch" ... with larger raids, the story part tends to get less development time. I hope story always remains the main focus of this D&D game.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

Yeah this is bad!

How is this game supposed to be anything like a tabletop RP game?

I remember all those times when all 39 of my roleplaying buddies would gather around the kitchen table rolling dice......

Originally posted by Maelwydd

I remember all those times when all 39 of my roleplaying buddies would gather around the kitchen table rolling dice......

Its actually a nice idea. I wonder if it can be tried... If it can be pulled off - I have a feeling something crazy might happen - in awesome sense!

• WreckoniingWreckoniing Member UncommonPosts: 279
    we better tell pwe that blaze is not playing so they can plan when they are disbanding
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by blazeicer

Go play WoW or Rift.

Or better yet read up on Dungeons and Dragon lore and 40+ years of experience.  Its always been about small group oriented activities such as dungeon delving.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by blazeicer

Many people are probably are refusing to play this because it is "going to ruin DnD", "it is not true to the game". but here you are complaining because is doesn't have something common to most MMOs, essentially because certain aspects are playing more like a real game of DnD and less like an MMO.

If you really want to blame someone about this, don't blame Cryptic, blame all the DnD fanboys who complained about Neverwinter potentially ruining DnD.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• mordicai052mordicai052 Member Posts: 15

In most games the larger the raid, the more people coasting in it. 

Well done 5 man content is more challenging than lame 10-40 man "gear until its trivial" gimic loot pinatas.

• SpectralHunterSpectralHunter Member UncommonPosts: 455
    If they maintain focus on small group content, I'll play it more. 
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    I agree, small group content is far more interesting and social. Raids are just glorified loot pinatas. The hardest part of raiding is finding 23 other people who have basic hand eye coordination. Surprisingly challenging for all the wrong reasons.
  • Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Each has it's benefits.

5-man asre more tight knite and social goofing off and one is more immersed in the story imo.  My funniest memories were in 5 mans.

Raids have the best and most complicated fights.  Exception would be DDO, DDO is what not to do for raids where there so short that one is done in 30 min or how they were the most simplistic fights.  I like how WoW was an actual progression endavor and the fights were pretty complicated at times.

But D&D is all about that small grp experiance, questions is if there is a char progression system to keep players intrested in the game.  Foundry is all and good but there needs to be something to keep pluggin away at your char.  GW2 proved that.