It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I'd like to start a thread about a type of player I know nothing about. I call him "xXDEATHDEALERXx." While I'm sure there is probably a guy named xXDEATHDEALERXx somewhere, this thread isn't about any specific player, but a type of player who plays MMOs. We see him a lot in our games. When I see this type of player, he doesn't roleplay or hang out chatting. I see him doing quests and raids, enhancing his gear and so on, and in PvP sometimes. He has no bio. He doesn't look like he spends much time going over his appearance. He doesn't type much on the forums, mostly just one liners or a few words. If you say something IC to him, or make a joke, he just types "..." Besides those observations, I don't know much about what makes this player "tick."
1) What kind of guild is this type of player in?
2) Why does he like MMOs?
3) Who does he tend to hang with in the game?
4) How many hours in a day does he typically play?
5) Is he on Vent or TS?
6) Does he spend any money in the cash store? If so, on what?
7) How old is he?
8) How long does he typically stay in a game before he leaves?
9) What other kinds of games are in his library?
10) What percentage of players on your typical WoW-style MMO are xXDEATHDEALERxx types?
"Its sad when people use religion to feel superior, its even worse to see people using a video game to do it."
"...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
--Hellmar, CEO of CCP.
"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
--Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE