Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge - What To Expect At Release

PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

Put together a little article making an argument for realistic expections when it comes to ArcheAge. There's a lot of speculation going on, a lot of fantasizing that this is some 'saviour' and a game like that is going to have to be one hell of a game at release.

Have a read see what you think.

Comments

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Servers will likely be stable, since the West is not going to be it's first release location.

As for players, I expect a lot of themepark game-shifters that are dissatisfied with the lack of endless quest hubs at end-game.  Many complaints also about how there is a need to interact with other players & do that mysterious thing called grouping.  Maybe even more so, the need to work for what you have.  "I paid money and I can't have a yacht?  I can't even buy a shack, let alone a mansion .. I need to join a guild in order to afford a castle? WTF" .. "I actually have to wait for crops to grow, how lame." .. "I can't just queue for instant PVP, I actually have to explore?"

I will just smile.

edit:

Unless, of course the game gets monetized, P2W, and "Westernized" to dumb down content, like every crappy release recently.  If EA gets the publishing contract I'm going to throw a hissy fit :-) [just one publishing example, there are more]

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Awesome!!!

People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

• SygrisSygris Member Posts: 26

EDIT: added more to the list.

add the following to your list.

• guilds(expeditionary force) that can be turned into a faction, after claiming a certain amount of areas on the northern continent. allowing to invite all races in to your player created faction.
    • sieges with player created castles.
    • i'd expect at least 2 new races till the western release.
    • over- or underachive quest system
    • deep mount system
    • treasure hunting on land, with treasure map and player crafted tool, to show your coordinates.
    • instances (dungeons)

btw. nice idea. very helpful for those asking for the feature list.
    Originally posted by Sygris

• guilds(expeditionary force) that can be turned into a faction, after claiming a certain amount of areas on the northern continent. allowing to invite all races in to your player created faction.

I think you posted that in the wrong thread.  2 new races though?  There were 4 speculated, I wonder which 2.

• SygrisSygris Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by Karteli

I think you posted that in the wrong thread.  2 new races though?  There were 4 speculated, I wonder which 2.

the article says, what to expect on the western release, and i'm saying that xlgames probably will add at least, 2 new races till then.

yes, xlgames will add 4 more races with patches, which are the dwarves, fairies, warborn and the returned.

the article says, what to expect on the western release, and i'm saying that xlgames probably will add at least, 2 new races till then.

yes, xlgames will add 4 more races with patches, which are the dwarves, fairies, warborn and the returned.

Ohh sorry.  When you said, "add to your list" .. there wasn't a list, or at least not a list directly at any particular response.

Other stuff then:  Guilds turned into factions? yeah.  Sieges with player built castles? yeah.

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Cool stuff, thanks OP
  • GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Cant wait for the additional 4 Races!!

People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Originally posted by Sygris add the following to your list.
    • guilds(expeditionary force) that can be turned into a faction, after claiming a certain amount of areas on the northern continent. allowing to invite all races in to your player created faction. sieges with player created castles. i'd expect at least 2 new races till the western release.
    the article says, what to expect on the western release, and i'm saying that xlgames probably will add at least, 2 new races till then. yes, xlgames will add 4 more races with patches, which are the dwarves, fairies, warborn and the returned.
    Ohh sorry.  When you said, "add to your list" .. there wasn't a list, or at least not a list directly at any particular response.

Other stuff then:  Guilds turned into factions? yeah.  Sieges with player built castles? yeah.

Siege Battles

http://youtu.be/Bs4VWg2PjpE

http://youtu.be/WvLFr-vgxkU

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Originally posted by Karteli Originally posted by Sygris add the following to your list. guilds(expeditionary force) that can be turned into a faction, after claiming a certain amount of areas on the northern continent. allowing to invite all races in to your player created faction. sieges with player created castles. i'd expect at least 2 new races till the western release.     btw. nice idea. very helpful for those asking for the feature list.

There was a video that came out last summer that hinted at there was 2 new races coming. Dwarf and Warborn, and other stuff.

http://youtu.be/YuLJeyNYpf4

• AtrocitusAtrocitus Member UncommonPosts: 85

Pp, thnk you very much for the breakdown..just an epic article..

Way to go!

• AtrocitusAtrocitus Member UncommonPosts: 85

By the way Mr.Pigeon sir, ( :) ), myself and a few of my friends appreciate all the posts you put up here and at Source.

Personally, I don't have a lot of time to surf and gather info regarding this game, and posts like this and others help tremendously.

Please keep up the good work. Perhaps one day in AA ill be able to give something back to you....Ya never know aye?

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565
    I don't think the Western release will include the new races. It's safe to say our version will be a year behind Korea but the translations will be ongoing now and if Korea doesn't have the new stuff then we won't at release. The publisher will want to make money as soon as possible and that means getting this job complete, not delaying it so they can include more. It gives them an excuse to also advertise more 'upcoming content'.