Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's good to be good.

GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576

I do not normally play the ganker,

I have been the bad guy, was a shadow clan orc in the old UO days but we were not gankers we were just evil. As games have come and gone I normally find myself in the protective role instead of the kill anything that moves role. I would be defending goldshire not attacking the crossroads, mining and running convoys in Eve not raiding at the jump gate.

I take pride in taking down the guy who runs around thinking he is king of the roach hill because he can kill x amount of weak wariors in a day. But in the end, in most situations, I know deep down inside I can not be there at all times and he, well he is legion and simply comes back later to start over again.

Wushu changes that, from stomping kidnappers and getting rewarded for setting free their poor victims to taking down a bounty and getting paid in sweet silver I know when I hit someone with a bounty on their head they are not going to turn right back around and do it, in fact I can go and visit them in jail just to make sure. For the first time in a long time, justice is served and it feels nice.

Crime pays in Wushu, robbing carts or kidnapping all has real tangable rewards so it is not always easy being the good guy. Constables are many but not all of them are upstanding, indeed some just work within their guild collecting the bounty so someone else doesn't get it. But you know what? I don't care because justice is still served even if I didn't get the payout.

Crime hunting isn't always easy and it probably isn't nearly as rewarding financially as kidnapping but you can not have the great chase scene without two parties and sometimes it is nice to be Batman on the rooftop, catching the action out of the corner of your eye and swooping in to try and stop the bandit, the kidnapper, the wanted individual. Look to the sky bad guys the rooftop is full of people with blue glowing swirls ready to pounce.

I would like to see a few more options for the good guys, a few more titles maybe worlds number 1 constable for empress-wu, wherever she may be but this is the first game I have ever seen with open world pvp, no safe zones and only a bit of safe time when you first start the game that has such a great handle on the ganking problem that plagues other titles for that I think you have to thank the constables and the jail system.

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AfterlifeAfterlife Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Pretty sure empress wu is a service provider. People with a large bounty go to him and he splits the bounty with them.

In other news, it is nice to have rewards for being the batman type.
  • GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by Afterlife
    Pretty sure empress wu is a service provider. People with a large bounty go to him and he splits the bounty with them.

In other news, it is nice to have rewards for being the batman type.

Not saying he isn't but I have seen him bust up the tangman TP to get a bounty, that person certainly wasn't expecting it. Wu then took that persons place in the TP circle so we had all 10. Classy.

Great right up as usual. I'm looking for you. Matter of fact I've decide to start killing all people with stars. 

Doing it for free.

There's a few more around the area. You good guys need people like me.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Finally got my rl friend to play with me in game, however trying to show him the ropes in the newb town and what do you know, another player decides to gank me and succeeds while I wasn't paying attention :/

Anyways, I managed to throw a bounty on him and a few minutes later I see he is sent to prison where I had to option to visit him. Pretty cool. At least now I know you cannot trust anyone around you in this game, but it makes it so unique and different than the other mmo's we have.

AoW is definitely onto something here.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

I agree. One of the worst things that bug me in AoW - that I cant easily participate in some PvP events like stealing players or robbing caravans. You have to pay with time for your so called crimes. Its ok for open PvP to prevent ganking, but why prevent PvP events? Also being a cop-bounty hunter sucks ass. It almost impossible to find a criminal since they dont give any clues to their location

• tet666tet666 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Originally posted by mindw0rk

I agree. One of the worst things that bug me in AoW - that I cant easily participate in some PvP events like stealing players or robbing caravans. You have to pay with time for your so called crimes. Its ok for open PvP to prevent ganking, but why prevent PvP events? Also being a cop-bounty hunter sucks ass. It almost impossible to find a criminal since they dont give any clues to their location

Dunno on russian server u get a message if a criminal enters the area you are in i think rthats more then enough half the fun of bounty hunting is finding the target.

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576

You can always loose your constable status and go kidnap for a few days and come back.

I'm not sold on the punishment system either. I think it's too harsh at this point. 

As far as info, you search the persons name and see the area they are in. 

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Originally posted by bcbully

As far as info, you search the persons name and see the area they are in. 

Areas are so big that it doesnt help much. Bounty hunting definetly needs some improvements