Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it too late to start playing "Life"?

BogeBoge Member Posts: 182

Just a thought I had, hear me out and post your thoughts.

I've read a number of topics here and there on MMO sites where someone posts "Is it too late to start playing this game?"  Most of the time the answer is no, any time is a fine time to start playing the game.  The content really doesn't go anywhere and it usually rather quick to catch up.

However, if real life was an MMO, what would you think then?  "Is it a good time to start playing life?"  I would answer no.  All the land is taken and you have to PAY TO PLAY.  There are no guarantees that you'll get your reward at the end of your quests.  You have to spend your first 18 levels going through the tutorial and there is no way to bypass it.  Even after that, you haven't been given enough information to really know what to do next.

So, what do you think?  Is now a good time to start playing the MMO Life?

Comments

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by Boge

I've read a number of topics here and there on MMO sites where someone posts "Is it too late to start playing this game?"  Most of the time the answer is no, any time is a fine time to start playing the game.  The content really doesn't go anywhere and it usually rather quick to catch up.

However, if real life was an MMO, what would you think then?  "Is it a good time to start playing life?"  I would answer no.  All the land is taken and you have to PAY TO PLAY.  There are no guarantees that you'll get your reward at the end of your quests.  You have to spend your first 18 levels going through the tutorial and there is no way to bypass it.  Even after that, you haven't been given enough information to really know what to do next.

The difference is life isn't a game nor represents one, once you figure that out then your ready to step out into the big bad world.

Life is what you make it, if your determined and focused on what you want out of it then you may achieve what you want, one step at a time though, small goals to reach the ultimate goal.  If you don't seperate game from real world, then you are going to run into problems.

And no, its never to late.

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Depends where you live..80% of the people on this planet make less then $10 a day, so if you are one of them, I would say yes.
  • ObiClownobiObiClownobi Member Posts: 186
    Originally posted by thekid1
    Depends where you live..80% of the people on this planet make less then $10 a day, so if you are one of them, I would say yes.

Depends how you define winning it, $10 a day keeps you fed and housed to a level where you can have enough children to increase your genetic presence, in the long run that's more success than a rich couple in manhattan with one kid.

"It's a sandbox, if you are not willing to create a castle then all you have is sand" - jtcgs

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378
    Originally posted by ObiClownobi
    Originally posted by thekid1

Depends how you define winning it, $10 a day keeps you fed and housed to a level where you can have enough children to increase your genetic presence, in the long run that's more success than a rich couple in manhattan with one kid.

You could be making $10 per hour in Manhattan and not even be able to afford to live in a cardboard box.

People need to look at the big picture before making posts like thekid1's.  That $10 per day is probably giving those people a good standard of living for their area.  Making ten times that will barely give a person a poor standard of living in most of the United States.

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

The Pros;

Graphics are GREAT.

No lag.

No instancing.

The Cons;

Monthly subs require a terrible grind.

It's heavily P2W.

Lots of non-consensual PvP.

No raiding or dungeons.

The quests are dull as hell.

Only Ironman mode available...

• MuppetierMuppetier Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by Caliburn101

The Pros;

Graphics are GREAT.

No lag.

No instancing.

The Cons;

It's heavily P2W.

No raiding or dungeons.

I have heard there are dungeons available if you know where to look, but I dont thing people visit them to kill dragons.

• TymorisTymoris Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Add the fact that in life you can't choose your starting equipment, location and difficulty. So if you start as a white hetero male in a modern western country you are pretty much easy mode. And if you start as anything else not only it's elite mode but you also don't get extra rewards for that :/

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

The Pros;

Graphics are GREAT.

No lag.

No instancing.

The Cons;

It's heavily P2W.

No raiding or dungeons.

lots of ninja looting too lol

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841
    Originally posted by Cod_Eye
    Originally posted by Boge

The difference is life isn't a game nor represents one, once you figure that out then your ready to step out into the big bad world.

Life is what you make it, if your determined and focused on what you want out of it then you may achieve what you want, one step at a time though, small goals to reach the ultimate goal.  If you don't seperate game from real world, then you are going to run into problems.

And no, its never to late.

I would argue life is a game - a very silly game where no matter how well you play you end up dead at the end.

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841
    Originally posted by rojo6934

The Pros;

Graphics are GREAT.

No lag.

No instancing.

The Cons;

It's heavily P2W.

No raiding or dungeons.

lots of ninja looting too lol

You forgot Perma-Death is turned on.

• atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234

The upside of Life is that it is filled with market fixers, exploiters, hackers and cheats and you can get away with any of it just by bribing the enforcement or governing npc's.

Its really easy once you realise that.

• jackwagonjackwagon Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Don't play Life I heard it's a WoW clone.
  • PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Right, so you're all gonna go through this topic again, writing the exact same shit that was in the other thread?...

*Slow clap*

Good one guys, good one!

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Since I'm an altoholic, this game has nothing in it for me, not to mention it looks pretty lame and I heard bad things from the beta as well. Only one alt, without char.slot purchase in the store, c'mon, it's 2013 already!

So I think I'll skip this one. Oh, wait...

:)

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I've played it, but there were a lot of bugs.  My character shakes a lot and isn't much much to look at.

I made it to level 52, so I might as well try for endgame.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • Z0RR0Z0RR0 Member Posts: 9
    Enjoying life is better than playing it. 
  • Ridan477Ridan477 Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Life is a great game for the whole family. Enjoy with 2-6 players with ease. Life.

Scoobin it up on the daily.

• madmikethegmmadmikethegm Member UncommonPosts: 43

The Life MMO has that hard core full-loot PvP that so many seem to crave.

• FreezzoFreezzo Member UncommonPosts: 235
    Originally posted by Po_gg

Since I'm an altoholic, this game has nothing in it for me, not to mention it looks pretty lame and I heard bad things from the beta as well. Only one alt, without char.slot purchase in the store, c'mon, it's 2013 already!

So I think I'll skip this one. Oh, wait...

:)

There are pro's... Everything is available in-game, no cash shop with outside currency.

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
    And for MMORPGs ever so true...

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704
    I love that its a sandbox but the lack of NPCs makes my character feel underpowered.  Most of all though the grind is insane and makes me bored/frustrated.  The community is too large, it makes it almost impossible to stand out.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• BogeBoge Member Posts: 182
    My point is, if you weren't playing Life, would you want to start with how many issues there are now? (comparing lifes features to MMO features)
  • darkkblackdarkkblack Member Posts: 38
    About that game I don't like the fact that the rules were already set by the players that got to the game before you. What about the time when fighting was a way of life. Start over in a samurai's life. All your time devoted to becoming a better warrior, and people would respect you for it. It is against my moral fiber and against the laws of man to kill another person so being a samurai warrior is beyond me in this age and time. I am given an option of living a similiar life as a different kind of warrior. If only my fellow neighbors saw this as something to respect and to look up to rather than dismissing it as a waste of ones time and productivity. In this game I have spent countless hours filling my memories with combat, strategy, accuracy, dexterity, knowledge, situational awareness, economics, teamwork, stealth, brawling. Who has the right to decide that in this game these talents won't amount to a successful way of living. If I were alone in this game I would not have anything to be compared to and I would have a sense of self that cannot be conquered or brought down, because I know that in this game I am extremely hard to kill. And when matched against a equally prepared opponent I will be ready to perform without hesitation. The tools for success I have branded into my flesh, it hs become second nature, a reflex. In this game I can become wild, I can put on my blinders and steam ahead, remembering that I am here and I will forever follow my own path.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704
    Permadeath is only cool if you get to start a new character after your original one dies.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• MeriliremMerilirem Member Posts: 77
    Life is a perfect game, its just a little difficult for alot of the players. The only problem is that the tutorial a player gets at the start greatly affects the ability to play.  My tutorial was awesome, not to mention my character is Seriously overpowered. If everyone had the same tutorial I had even the weakest character would be far more powerful.

If a butterfly learnt to speak, to live in human society, paid its bills, had a job, lived in a fancy house and married a human, is it human?

Now what if that same butterfly knew how to write code better than any human and had years of experience in the game industry, would that make it a game designer?

If u wouldn't let a construction worker design your house, then why let a programmer design your world?

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

Life: Hard Mode or GTFO.