Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Setting up dual monitors

cichy1012cichy1012 Member UncommonPosts: 345

If i have to monitors running what do i select in catalyst or display properties so that both monitors are NOT doing the exact same thing or duplicate?

I want one for say browsing web, while the other is gaming?

Comments

• FreezzoFreezzo Member UncommonPosts: 235
    Right mouse on the desktop screen -> screen resolution. There should be a drop-down box with currently selected duplicate this monitor. Set it on extend monitor :)

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
    And for MMORPGs ever so true...

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I would love to answer this as I have an ATI card, but I only have the one monitor. A Google search revealed the option for "Xinerama", but you might want to Google it yourself to be sure. None of the screenshots looked like my Catalyst control panel.

You should also be able to set this up under the regular Windows control panel though.

Right click on the desktop and select "Properties" from the context menu.
    Select the "Settings" tab.
    Click monitor #2 and make sure that "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" is selected.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

In the AMD VISION Engine Control Center (the control panel for AMD Graphics) there is a tab called AMD Eyefinity Multi-Display.  This area lets you use the two screens as if they were a single large surface.

• tollboothtollbooth Member CommonPosts: 298
    lol just do what the first response was.  There is nothing you need to do in Catalyst.