Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

I wish this game had...

RasereiRaserei webster, MAPosts: 1,011Member

a better item system. I love this games overall "system". How currency can buy cash shop stuff ect... I just love the entire system.

BUT

THE most important thing for me in any MMO is having a fun item system. To me, GW2 has a very simple item system. Which makes the game a bit boring for me. Sad, because the whole dynamic quest system was really fun.

Comments

• ChromeBallzChromeBallz LeidenPosts: 287Member Uncommon

It would help if you explained what exactly you mean...

Playing: EVE, TERA, BDO
    Played (more than 1 month): WoW, GW2, L2, WAR, AoC, DnL, GW, LotRO, EQ2, TOR, CoH, STO, TSW
    Tried (trial, up to 1 month): EQ, UO, AO, EnB, TCoS, Fury, Ryzom, EU, DDO, TR, RF, CO, Aion, VG, DN, Vindictus

• TorgrimTorgrim GothenburgPosts: 2,088Member
     A lot of the weapons and armours look the same is that what you mean?

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• mikahrmikahr ZagrebPosts: 1,066Member
    Originally posted by Torgrim

Its somewhat irrelevant since you can change looks to whatever you want. If thats what he means, but i think its about stats.

• dimnikardimnikar ZanistanvillePosts: 271Member
    Originally posted by mikahr
    Originally posted by Torgrim

Its somewhat irrelevant since you can change looks to whatever you want. If thats what he means, but i think its about stats.

That's an odd conclusion. Surely, it would only be irrelevant if NO items looked the same - because you can change the looks to your desired one?

If they all look the same, how, pray tell, is the interchangability of looks relevant at all? :D

• BloodaxesBloodaxes ZabbarPosts: 2,650Member Uncommon

I wish they went with randomized stats on the weapon/armours not diablo style but for example x sword instead of being power presicion and critical damage it could be power vitality and conditional damage to say something weird.

It would make the hunt for the best items more fun instead of finding exactly what you need right away from the auction.

• CorehavenCorehaven Colorado Springs, COPosts: 1,538Member

I've created a thread on this before and I'll say it again here that I totally agree with the OP. 

There is not a dynamic variety of weapon and armor models in the game.  Yes, you can change the look of things via transmutation stones.  Which is the usual response, and one I think that's already been given in this thread. 

And wouldn't it be cool if the game had a great variety of weapon and armor models AND the ability to transmute them to a look of your liking?  Because it has one of those at least, but it sure doesn't have a great weapon and armor model variety and it sure could use it. 

Now I understand the "cool" looking stuff is high end gear or hard to acquire and honestly I feel that's just how it should be and is in most mmo's.  But never have I played an mmo that had this little weapon and armor model variety in the game as a whole, especially as you level up. 

At level 80 there is a great variety of weapon and armor models though.  They vary to a great degree.  Seems like Anet saved all the weapon and armor model variation for level 80.  Which is fine, except for the fact below 80, most things you'll find look just like the stuff you were just using and honestly, I think that could use some work.  I'm not saying it has to look awesome.  Just look different.  That's all. 

• ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    .....enemy player names
  • RasereiRaserei webster, MAPosts: 1,011Member

Yes, my thread is about more "fun" types of loot such as randomized stats. 

Take a look at Asheron's Call 1 and 2. 1997/2002 the gamed were made. These games had randomized loot and it was fun just to go out and kill stuff AND/OR craft. You never knew what you would find. There are many games that followed in the footsteps of older games. To an extent, DAOC had it, EQ2, WoW, Diablo 1/2/3, Archlord, and I can name like 30 more games.

Guild Wars 2 took a very basic approach to loot. They didn't want a loot treadmill, BUT randomized loot doesn't cause that. People are thinking WAY TO MUCH about WoW raiding. THAT as a loot treadmil and also NOT randomized, hence, WoW loot was boring during end game.

I'm upset that such a great game like GW2 ruins itself for a player like me just because of a simple item system. That's what I was talking about.

• Dream_ChaserDream_Chaser BGPosts: 1,043Member

I wish it had action-combat that relied on player skill. It's dependent on dice rolls and theorycrafting like its life depended on it. No, it's not as bad as WoW, but it's nowhere near as good as TERA, either. It just makes the combat so damned monotonous and tiring. And not being able to even step outside of your 'designated zone,' due to systems where mobs can one-shot you and you can't do any damage to them (glancing blows) add to one's fatigue. So you have to grind away in your designated zone until you can get to the next one.

I also wish it was more casual friendly, I feel (as a casual player), that I'm stuck in one zone for far too long. I want to progress to the next zone but teh aforementioned game mechanics won't let me. If I want to go and fight some stuff 10 levels above me as a Slayer in TERA I can do that, but good luck trying to do similar in GW2.

Finally, I wish they hadn't put such a strong emphasis on vertical progression. I wish it had been more like GW1.

Oh! One last thing! I wish their model artists hadn't been so lazy. You can't be a fat guy, you can't be an old guy, and if you choose to be anything non-human (asura, charr, or sylvari) then you're going to experience mild to horrendous levels of armour clipping due to lazy and sloppy design. Compare this to TERA where, as a popori, all armour sets have a tail hole (even the low level grunt gear), baraka and aman armour accounts for their weird anatomy nicely, baraka are chubby, and you can make old guys.

• mikahrmikahr ZagrebPosts: 1,066Member
    Originally posted by Raserei

Yes, my thread is about more "fun" types of loot such as randomized stats. 

Take a look at Asheron's Call 1 and 2. 1997/2002 the gamed were made. These games had randomized loot and it was fun just to go out and kill stuff AND/OR craft. You never knew what you would find. There are many games that followed in the footsteps of older games. To an extent, DAOC had it, EQ2, WoW, Diablo 1/2/3, Archlord, and I can name like 30 more games.

Guild Wars 2 took a very basic approach to loot. They didn't want a loot treadmill, BUT randomized loot doesn't cause that. People are thinking WAY TO MUCH about WoW raiding. THAT as a loot treadmil and also NOT randomized, hence, WoW loot was boring during end game.

I'm upset that such a great game like GW2 ruins itself for a player like me just because of a simple item system. That's what I was talking about.

LOTRO took same approach with Legendary weapons and it flopped terribly. They chnaged it now to immense grind to make something random into something you actually want.

Their justification is same as yours - AC1/2. it didnt work. Back in Moria i went through 2-3k legendary weapons and i still didnt have one with stats i wanted and i just settled for next best thing and stopped it altogether (as vast majority did).

GW2 has competitve side that isnt really suited for randomized stuff, and WvWvW which requires ability to have massive battles. Its a compromise of still having good looking stuff, but not too much variety.

If you played L2 you would know what i mean, i rather have ability of massive battles than hundreds of models of which few get used much anyway, but clog graphic performace greatly.