Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BAN Warning from Blizzard..

rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693

Well to my dismay I just got a email from Blizzard saying I am close to being Banned from Diablo 3 for RMT..

Il be honest most games I play I do NOT ever RMT and while I have done stupid thing in the past I behave myself now.

I am not sure if I want to fight the warning or not, while I feel its unjustified I also don't have the real life time to do it.

I admit ive used foul language in some games, But I have honestly NEVER  botted, or used exploits.

Im also wondering if Blizzard sent the email in error since I don't own or play diablo 3.

Comments

• Wizlock23Wizlock23 Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Sounds like a phising attempt . dont click ANYTHING at all in the email - send it to Blizzards phishing department ( i do not know it ) .  And log in directly through there website and email support or call and see if its a legit warning .
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    and in case it is real. Change you password! There is no harm in that at all and if someone actually does use your account to RMT that should fix it. In fact if you use that password elsewhere change those as well. Better save then sorry.
  • pgqsilverpgqsilver Member UncommonPosts: 106
    I would agree it's a phishing attempt.  My blizzard email address has recieved a few of these.  You can always tell if they ask you to visit their site or enter a username and password, as Blizzard employees would never ask for information they already possess.
  • armengararmengar Member UncommonPosts: 51

phising attempt, forward it to i believe [email protected]

i get 10-20 a day sometimes from games I have never even considered like runescape.

mostly its centered aroudn diablo 3 and blizzard, never click on them takes you to a fake website made to look real.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I get these all the time on my 'main' email address (the one not used for D3 or WoW). They're phishing attempts. Don't click on any provided links, contact Blizzard support directly.

Furthermore, Blizzard isn't going to send you a 'warning' about nearly being banned for RMT. They'll just ban you.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Yeah I got the same warning from Blizzard, here is what it looked like in my inbox:

Blizzard Notification About Diablo III Account [email protected]

I guess I should decide whether to fight the warning.

The funny thing to me is that the OP admits to RMT.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I get about 10 emails a day like that on one of my email accounts. It's well known that they try this sort of thing. If there's nothing on your official game account, ignore it.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    I'd reply, but I'm too busy sending my account info to the Nigerean Bank that emailed me...
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    The funniest email I got like this was a few weeks ago.  I was clearing out my junk mail folder in Hotmail and the first message was a D3/WoW account violation notice.  The funny part is since my account is linked to Facebook I saw profile picture of the 16 year old punk that sent the mail.  I wonder how many people that got that mail recognized him.

That "16 year old punk" still manages to trick people like the OP into sending him their account details.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

yeah i get notices across 3 different emails i use for gaming that my wow account has been hacked and i need to contact them

i dont have a wow account

if i wasnt paranoid about the link, i would definatly spend a chunk of time responding with false info to screw with the scammers.

• ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227

"I am also wondering if Blizzard sent the email in error since I don't own or play diablo 3."

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by ezpz77

"I am also wondering if Blizzard sent the email in error since I don't own or play diablo 3."

I really hope your kidding.  Its 100% a phishing email.