Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When do you think...they will come out with UO2?

DO you  think  it will ever be done?

There is people who would buy it!

LOT's of people.

WHat do you think?

Sometimes its good to think deep. Some times it good just to play games.

Comments

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,100
    It would be labeled as UO2, but I doubt it would actually be UO2. I don't think an MMO with the title will ever be released. If it was, it would be an EA game too.
  • X31b0rgX31b0rg Member Posts: 3
    I dont think that they work on a UO2... 
  • ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    They cancelled UO2, which was in production, years ago.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• ObiClownobiObiClownobi Member Posts: 186
    If EQ:Next is a sandbox and a success then yes, it's a ready made IP for whoever owns it to jump on the bandwagon.

"It's a sandbox, if you are not willing to create a castle then all you have is sand" - jtcgs

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

When they can get people to agree on what the original UO was/is?

The brand suffers from being an ink blot of nostalgia - everyone remembers it the way they want to remember it and people will crawl out of the woodwork to reignite ancient flamewars at a moment's notice. 

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381

From talking to people who worked on it, UO2 was killed to provide an immediate balance sheet boost for a new boss who wanted to look good to the Board of Directors and the investors.   Bean counting business geeks for the loss.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_Online_2

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

If they updated the graphic's to say D3 quality and then basically kept the core concept's of the game,like housing and the crafting and such,it could be a winner.

I still dabble with UO because I love the housing.Game's today could learn a few thing's from UO,SWG was also a great system.Today's game's just don't follow those footstep's.

With D3 type graphic's and the custom housing,I believe a new UO could be a game that could have 300k+ subs and that's pretty decent in today's market with everything going ftp.

On the other hand,if it were ftp with maybe paying for housing spot's I could see a new UO with 500k+ active player's.I just think the time is right for that sort of game.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• GreyfaceGreyface Member Posts: 390

They've cancelled UO2 three times now.  There was Starr Long's UO2 (AKA Ultima Worlds Online Origin or whatever they changed it to), then Jonathan Hanna's UOX, and then a third project that died before getting a press release.   It ain't happening.

We had Lords of Ultima, which was an Evony clone (I'm not kidding).  Now EA is supposedly working on a F2P Ultima title -- an ARPG, not an MMO.  There hasn't been any news about it for a while though, which has me hoping that it's been cancelled.  I'd rather see the franchise dead, honestly.

• ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by Greyface
    They've cancelled UO2 three times now.  There was Starr Long's UO2 (AKA Ultima Worlds Online Origin or whatever they changed it to), then Jonathan Hanna's UOX, and then a third project that died before getting a press release.   It ain't happening...

Which is kind of a shame considering the countless hours I spent in Ultima III and Ultimate IV. I tried to like UO, big time. But it was unplayable for me in 1998 (framerate, lag). Played EQ for 10,000 hours, though.

If they made a new UO in first person perspective, I would certainly check it out. Primarily for the nostalgia. Moonglow, buccaneers den, oh my. Why haven't they made a new Ultima single player game since 1999? The I.P. is practically dead. And it was so strong at one time.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• MawneeMawnee Member UncommonPosts: 245

wow....I remember being so excited seeing this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWumht6AuZo

=/