Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: Interview with a Tester Part 2

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The second half of an interview with a 'Friends & Family' WildStar tester has been posted on the official site. Questions were submitted by fans of the upcoming game from Carbine Studios a month or so ago. Topics this time include whether or not the player 'rushed' through the game and what he/she feels sets WildStar apart from other MMOs.

What separates WildStar from other MMO offerings? Mechanics? Content? Overall gameplay?

WildStar has broken the mold on race/class stat stove-piping. What I mean is that every Warrior will not necessarily be hunting the same piece of gear, it depends on the abilities you want to use, what role you want to fill and how you have allocated your stat points.

Almost every ability available to your class will have two stats that affect it. So the more points you have in that stat, the more effective that particular ability is when used and thus the more you want on your gear. While Strength and Technology may be the main stat most warriors take, some may wish to buff Magic-dependent abilities and use them instead, as an example

Read the full interview on the WildStar site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TalmienTalmien Member UncommonPosts: 189
    I am really looking forward to WildStar, but... don't these tester responses sound a little too good? I mean I can't imagine the game is really that amazing in a alpha build. I'm having difficulty trusting the legitimacy of these answers.

• Daveman424Daveman424 Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Read last week's interview... there was definitely some bad mixed in there.
  • OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376

"WildStar has broken the mold on race/class stat stove-piping. What I mean is that every Warrior will not necessarily be hunting the same piece of gear, it depends on the abilities you want to use, what role you want to fill and how you have allocated your stat points".

That sounds interesting. I'd like to know more on that.

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897
    do they even know their target audience? refering to the whole stat mixing thing. if they can convince mmo gamers from min maxing and not pidgeon holing classes into specific role, i cant wait to see it!

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Originally posted by Talmien
    I am really looking forward to WildStar, but... don't these tester responses sound a little too good? I mean I can't imagine the game is really that amazing in a alpha build. I'm having difficulty trusting the legitimacy of these answers.

That's kind of a no brainer.  This "tester" belongs to a small group of people close to the dev team, given special permission to answer loaded and leading questions in order to create hype. 

• tollboothtollbooth Member CommonPosts: 298
    Originally posted by OgreRaper

"WildStar has broken the mold on race/class stat stove-piping. What I mean is that every Warrior will not necessarily be hunting the same piece of gear, it depends on the abilities you want to use, what role you want to fill and how you have allocated your stat points".

Welcome to the mmo's of 2003.

• paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363

This is just more marketing.

I assure you those answers were very carefully chosen and approved.

Lots of words but very little real information.

I'll say one thing, they must have a really good marketing dept.

I hope the games they make are as good.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574
    It was nice of them to cover up what the favorite races and classes were. 
  • jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by tollbooth
    Originally posted by OgreRaper

Welcome to the mmo's of 2003.

Yes, the throwback to the bygone era that once the community gets a hold of it will be meaningless.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Come on,a question and answer session written by someone close to the development team is meaningless.