Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AV shut down forums

Comments

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Kaminaxius
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by karmath
    Forums are getting redone. They still running the old df1 boards. There is nothing else to it.

Why would they take the forums down right after releasing the biggest patch to date ? Rather hard to report issues being the forum was the conduit.

[mod edit]

I wanted to read yestedays patch notes, guess thats asking too much? Its rather crappy timing dont you think?

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842

Who dares to do some maintenance on the forums when I'M about to go there?

Seriously. 

• AzdulAzdul Member UncommonPosts: 440
    I wanted to read yestedays patch notes, guess thats asking too much? Its rather crappy timing dont you think?

Just google "Darkfall Unholy Wars Patch Notes Jan 14".

Official forums went down for 24h maintenance - and should be back pretty soon.

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375
    The OP spends much of his life on the forums, thus the whine about the forums being offline.
  • StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Originally posted by Thomas2006

You keep thinking that.. Answer me this. How did within 10 mins of the server being up a village was captured? Within 5 mins of the server coming up there was 4 guilds already created.

People openly admitting to duping in global chat and people buying potatoes for 50g each in bulk.

As far as the hacking goes. Everyone that plays DFUW knows there are working hacks in the game. Hacks that let you teleport around and speed hacking something that is commonly used by several people in the game.

So you go ahead and keep telling yourself there are no dupes and hacks in the game. lol

And just to keep the record straight. Its the EXACT same game engine as DF1. And anyone with half a brain knows DF1 had hacks and dupes. So take from that what you will.

I'm just glad that the $15 they where going to take they never did. So no loss on my end.

First of all you spew'd up some numbers, can you back them up in anyway? Untill you can, you're just lieing. Prove me wrong that you're not? See what I did  there?

People openly admiting on internet? What have you been born 5 years ago? I openly claim here I am Obama irl. That sure means I am. See what I did there?

Just to give you a lil simple math if you didn't comprehend the above.

In 5 min you can easily farm 100g. Creating a guild takes the time to open interface and click a button. All you need is 2000g in your backpack. There are guilds with 100 mambers or more. Lets just say 20 members all rushed and farmed each 100g. 20*x100=guild done in 5 min

Newfsflash, there are communities who run after "first" titles and actualy put some effort into making above happen.

I wonder why you're so buthurt that you were unable to see these simple facts yourself.

p.s. I'm not claiming that there won't be any exploits and hacks or that there aren't any. I just like to point out at ignorant people with no clue who try to spread lies based on missinformation and ignorance.

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Originally posted by StarI

You keep thinking that.. Answer me this. How did within 10 mins of the server being up a village was captured? Within 5 mins of the server coming up there was 4 guilds already created.

People openly admitting to duping in global chat and people buying potatoes for 50g each in bulk.

As far as the hacking goes. Everyone that plays DFUW knows there are working hacks in the game. Hacks that let you teleport around and speed hacking something that is commonly used by several people in the game.

So you go ahead and keep telling yourself there are no dupes and hacks in the game. lol

And just to keep the record straight. Its the EXACT same game engine as DF1. And anyone with half a brain knows DF1 had hacks and dupes. So take from that what you will.

I'm just glad that the $15 they where going to take they never did. So no loss on my end.

First of all you spew'd up some numbers, can you back them up in anyway? Untill you can, you're just lieing. Prove me wrong that you're not? See what I did  there?

People openly admiting on internet? What have you been born 5 years ago? I openly claim here I am Obama irl. That sure means I am. See what I did there?

Just to give you a lil simple math if you didn't comprehend the above.

In 5 min you can easily farm 100g. Creating a guild takes the time to open interface and click a button. All you need is 2000g in your backpack. There are guilds with 100 mambers or more. Lets just say 20 members all rushed and farmed each 100g. 20*x100=guild done in 5 min

Newfsflash, there are communities who run after "first" titles and actualy put some effort into making above happen.

I wonder why you're so buthurt that you were unable to see these simple facts yourself.

p.s. I'm not claiming that there won't be any exploits and hacks or that there aren't any. I just like to point out at ignorant people with no clue who try to spread lies based on missinformation and ignorance.

They fix the gold duping in that last patch?

Originally posted by TigerDriver

should have but not sure if theres other ways tod o it now but its beta will be wiped for rlease so who cares

Originally posted by Raxeon
    Originally posted by TigerDriver

should have but not sure if theres other ways tod o it now but its beta will be wiped for rlease so who cares

Wiping without a fix means nothing. image

Within 5 mins of the server coming up there was 4 guilds already created.

It takes about 15 mins to collect enough gold by yourself - so I assume that 5+ players were working together to get their guild name before someone else will take it.

If duping would still be possible, all they would need is just one potato ...

• MoriteMorite Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by gchris7

The forums will be down for maintenance and update. They announced it yesterday.

[mod edit]

I agree. Was announced but still its a bit stupid to take the beta forums including patch notes offline after such an important patch.

Anyway I am glad they fixed the bugs, game is running like a charm. Yesterday 6+ hours without one crash and never lost items :D

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485
    Originally posted by Morite

The forums will be down for maintenance and update. They announced it yesterday.

[mod edit]

I agree. Was announced but still its a bit stupid to take the beta forums including patch notes offline after such an important patch.

Anyway I am glad they fixed the bugs, game is running like a charm. Yesterday 6+ hours without one crash and never lost items :D

bare in mind that unholy wars was planned on release 12 november 2012.. 2 month''s later.. people are happy with the game and that they fixed the basics buggs..

Thats funny dude..

Ill tell you this: 

They haven''t learned anything this company..

when they release ill bet you that max. 20% of the content is in.. and 80% of that content is broken..

And they wonder why people are leaving @ start..

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498

Its sad to see people hate and spread lies on games mae by small indie companies. Yes Aventurine has many flaws as a company but atleast they are trying to do something different compared to all this crap mmorpgs out there.
    Obviously i can understand if the game is not your type, but why all the hate? You should be saving it for the AAA games...

Criticism should be doled out as warranted to a game. Not held back  its an iindie game or piled on just because a game is AAA, it should be on a game by game basis.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Psychow
    I can see the community in this game is going to be AMAZING.../sigh

The community is rather amazing. Then again, the people that look for reasons to hate the game are also amazing, but for entirely different reasons.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• NC360NC360 Member Posts: 67

They are most likely updating the forums to Unholy Wars, which is good.

On a different note: I heard the Patherfinder Online fans are down voting Unholy Wars, and upvoting their game. So I guess they see it as competition or something.

Originally posted by NC360

On a different note: I heard the Patherfinder Online fans are down voting Unholy Wars, and upvoting their game. So I guess they see it as competition or something.

1. Forums are up again: http://forums.darkfallonline.com

2. According to Valve - down voting doesn't currently do anything. They are only counting positive votes.

Originally posted by Azdul

2. According to Valve - down voting doesn't currently do anything. They are only counting positive votes.

Whats does Valve have to do with the MMORPG.com hype meter? image

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Within 5 mins of the server coming up there was 4 guilds already created.

It takes about 15 mins to collect enough gold by yourself - so I assume that 5+ players were working together to get their guild name before someone else will take it.

If duping would still be possible, all they would need is just one potato ...

as the game is still using a lot of the original code, it could be that their utilising pre-existing exploit methods. Same with other types of hacks, which it is well known that DFO suffered from.image

I thought about down voting Steam greenlight. 

Hype meter showing that any indie MMO is more popular than mainstream heavyweights is either broken, or irrevelant. 

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

I thought about down voting Steam greenlight. 

Hype meter showing that any indie MMO is more popular than mainstream heavyweights is either broken, or irrevelant. 

Not always true. Some indie games are very well done. And every major company started as indie at one time or another. Bioware for example only had 2 people when it first started. Blizzard had just 3 to start their company. Your main stream companies often loose sight and their goals become about money making not producing quality games. 

Problem is DF1 was not very good to mainstream players, minus your dedicated fans it had a low pop. Them trying to rush DF2 out and basicaly the same has even more negativity. Perhaps a money grab or a serious attempt to make a great game gone bad. Hard to tell.

But it still has dedicated fans. I personaly do not play DF so my words are not bashing it, just by what others have wrote on these forums.

Originally posted by Onomas

Problem is DF1 was not very good to mainstream players, minus your dedicated fans it had a low pop. Them trying to rush DF2 out and basicaly the same has even more negativity. Perhaps a money grab or a serious attempt to make a great game gone bad. Hard to tell.

First, the game is not fun without the players. Second, you can't invest in improving the game, if you don't have income.

300k people bought DF, and 95% of them left during 3 years following the launch. Some fundamental problems couldn't be fixed by just tweaking few things here and there and adding new content. 

Current negativity has more to do with early technical problems, currently unfinished features and declaration that game was ready for launch month ago, than with gameplay changes. 

They've really dropped the ball on one thing - previous UI was mostly dreadful, but had one or two nice things about it. They've decided to design UI from scratch - and actually broke the things that were good about old UI. 

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Ah yeah I missed the part in NC360's quoted post where he mentioned the mmorpg.com hype meter too.  I guess that is why people could think he meant any other place where up and down voting can occur.  Such as the one Azdul mentioned.

Originally posted by kadepsyson

Ah yeah I missed the part in NC360's quoted post where he mentioned the mmorpg.com hype meter too.  I guess that is why people could think he meant any other place where up and down voting can occur.  Such as the one Azdul mentioned.

I'm sorry everything has to be spelled out for you. image Anyway, at the time of the post PFO was ranked #1 here on MMORPG.com

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

I'm sorry everything has to be spelled out for you. image Anyway, at the time of the post PFO was ranked #1 here on MMORPG.com

Well, it wasn't just me who realized more places allow such up and down voting and a lack of specifying can cause confusion.

Far better to be very vague and have people make wrong assumptions than actually tell people what you are talking about.  If that sounds stupid, it's because it is.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Anyway the forums are back up, not sure for how long theyve been up, probably all day.  However the forum is new, new avatars ect, everything relects the new darkfall rather than the old darkfall.
  • sunny_liftonsunny_lifton Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by Snoepie
    Originally posted by Morite

[mod edit]

bare in mind that unholy wars was planned on release 12 november 2012.. 2 month''s later.. people are happy with the game and that they fixed the basics buggs..

Thats funny dude..

Ill tell you this: 

They haven''t learned anything this company..

when they release ill bet you that max. 20% of the content is in.. and 80% of that content is broken..

And they wonder why people are leaving @ start..

How can you say they haven't learned anything?  Instead of releasing broken they have a beta instead....Just because your estimate to complete is off, doesnt mean they havent learned anything.

Originally posted by Crunchy222
    Anyway the forums are back up, not sure for how long theyve been up, probably all day.  However the forum is new, new avatars ect, everything relects the new darkfall rather than the old darkfall.

The new site is garbage, guess we are on round two in fixing it. Entire thing has been down since yesterday, going for 48 hours this time?

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Originally posted by Thomas2006 You cant expect too much from a game that is loaded with hacks and Dupes.

There is not a single hack and since recently not a single dupe in Beta. Get your facts straight.

[mod edit]

I fought a speed hacker yesterday. He was fucking terrible and I got him half dead with a 200 point character. He then took my 50 gold worth of crap loots.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"