Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review] The Lost Titans: Nothing New in this ARPG

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Lost Titans is an online action RPG that is aimed at fans of the genre. We've been testing out The Lost Titans to see how it fares and present our official review. See what we've got to say before leaving your thoughts in the comments.

The first thing that will jump out at most people is the art style. A lot of folks will likely label The Lost Titans as WoW-alike or a WoW-Clone, as has become tradition since World of Warcraft hit the market. I tend to try to shy away from such labeling.  The Lost Titans employs the same over-the-top cartoonish and exaggerated style, however. Weapons are larger than life. Colors are rich and overly vibrant. There’s not a lot of minute detail.

Read more of Richard Cox's The Lost Titans: Nothing New in this ARPG.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I wasn't engaged in any way when I tried this game. It's good for a browser game, but that doesn't mean much in my book.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    They didn't pay you enought ?
  • ZeprimusZeprimus Member Posts: 40

I tried this game out as well. I wasn't disappointed because I had little-to-no expectations for it, and I'm glad I didn't. Although the game looks good (walking through trees aside), it just wasn't fun; as pointed out in the review, you basically just click your way through menus to play the game. Combat was a little slow and unresponsive, but the whole thing was overshadowed by the feeling that I spent thirty minutes doing nothing - not in a sense of unproductivity, moreso like I wasn't even playing a game.

My advice: if you're looking for a browser-based game to kill some time and have fun, especially something persistent, check out Illyriad. It's an RTS, but I've had more fun with it than many traditional games recently.

• AbedulelpinoAbedulelpino Member Posts: 5

Correct me if im wrong, but action rpg isnt a game that you actually controll the hits from your character? Torchlight, Diablo or more recently Vindictus, C9, Tera... for what ive seen this game has the pov of diablo/torch but acts like a point and click, its target and skills based... you cant shot arrows wherever you want except of course for the area skills, you have to select the target and then you start attacking, i mean i feel that Drakensang has more "action" than Lost Titans.

Im confused about this 'cus to me  hack&slash and action rpg where the same thing.

Even so, the game its pretty neat, if you like this kind of games you could really enjoy it, what i most liked from it was the enchanting system, you enchant as much as the item allows and then you can disenchant and you get REFUNDED, you get your silver back. Thats amazing, Tera plz do this xD

Look! a penny!

• MataOCDMataOCD Member Posts: 54
    The game looks cool, but I won't try it because I hate autoplay, it's like you said, it's brain-numbingly and not challenging.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by Vannor
    I wasn't engaged in any way when I tried this game. It's good for a browser game, but that doesn't mean much in my book.

Yeah it isn't a very impressive game.

• Phys3Phys3 Member Posts: 1
    It's not bad because it can pass the time with some friends. But other than that, it gets boring very quickly.