Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trials of Ascension-Very Interesting.

Ranar9Ranar9 Member Posts: 5

Hey guys I was thinking about how MMO's today seem kinda bland with the same old formula repeated over and over again. I recently heard about a game called Trials of Ascension or TOA and it seems very interesting (heres the link: http://www.trialsofascension.com/ ) it really has some very cool ideas and it seems promising. You may have heard about it in 2007 but unfortunitly in was canceled due to investors pulling out of the project. Although they had to cut a few things from the oringinal game they announced back in 2007 the core features and mechanics are still there. The game is a sandbox style MMO and it really seems very interesting. There is one thing that has me a little worried and its that the game may not even come out. You see they are planning on lauching a kickstarter in the coming weeks/months. Here are some awesome features about the game:(TEXT BELOW TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM WEBSITE!)

Skill system:ToA will offer a skill system without classes. You will simply gain mastery of the skills that you practice.

Each skill will have one or more techniques that you can better as your skill increases. Techniques will be a way in which your character can specialize within their skill. For example the smithing skill will have forming, tempering and balancing techniques. A smith that focus on bettering herself in tempering will craft items that are far more durable than smiths without the tempering technique.

There are currently 35 skills slated for development.

Innovations:Every time your character uses a skill there is a chance she will receive an innovation. An innovation is the sudden discovery -- available to only your character -- of how to enhance a craftable item, how to create a new item altogether, or a new skill technique.

Imagine your character being the only one in TerVarus that could craft a new style of armor or learned a new engineering technique that made all structures he builds 20% stronger?

What you do with your newly-found secret will be up to you. You can keep it to yourself or share it with others. Be warned - sharing an innovation with even one person means you no longer have control over its propagation as they can share it with others.

Innovations can also be shared involuntarily. A character with the right skills will be able to extract information from an unconscious target, including innovations.

Want to learn more? Read this article ( http://trialsofascension.com/news/innovations#.UPYN1CdZVPY ) that goes into more depth about our innovation system.

Magic System:Wish to delve into the arcane arts? Prepare yourself for a journey that will be as long and costly as it will be dangerous. You must craft your own spell book, come to learn arcane symbology, explore the world in search of rare components and dare to disturb powerful arcane creatures. That's just to get your first spell, which will be a weak version of what you can ehance it to.

You'll be able to enhance various aspects of your spell, based on your preference. Would you rather cast your fireball further or have it do more damage, or both?

Casting magic in ToA will not use 'mana'. Instead, it will use stamina, the same stat physical activities such as running and combat will use.

Here is a more in-depth article covering the details of the arcane.( http://trialsofascension.com/news/the-magic-system#.UPYONCdZVPY )

Those are just some of the cool features this game offers, there are also player owned settlements, settlement warfare as well as dyanmic spawning.

If we want this game made we need to spread the word! I am doing my part by making this forum post. Please go check out the game more and sign up on the forums. There are some great people on there that will help you out or if you just want to have a discusion about the game or anything else really. Thank you for reading everybody.

P.S. I do not work for Foged Chaos in any way (the developer of TOA). If this post came of as a advertisement I apologize I am just trying to spread the word because I really want to see this game made. Thank you for reading again and I will see you next time.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Enhance this... = cash shop

Enhance that... = cash shop

You'll be able to enhance = cash shop

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Ranar9Ranar9 Member Posts: 5
    You misunderstand there is no plan to have microtransactions at all. Innovations will be given to you without you knowing look into the website and you will see.
  • PsiKahnPsiKahn Member Posts: 126

Following this game too and no, there won't be microtransactions for any the innovations.  It essentially has many of the features of what I imagined a massive online game should be over the years. 

I've been trying to post on the game's forum page here when they post updates on the official website.  Hopefully they'll have more coming out soon.  I enjoyed listening to the developer podcast they put up yesterday.  The developers have been very accessible so far.

Originally posted by PsiKahn

Following this game too and no, there won't be microtransactions for any the innovations.  It essentially has many of the features of what I imagined a massive online game should be over the years. 

I've been trying to post on the game's forum page here when they post updates on the official website.  Hopefully they'll have more coming out soon.  I enjoyed listening to the developer podcast they put up yesterday.  The developers have been very accessible so far.

Hey Psikahn I remeber you from the forums!

• KempestKempest Member Posts: 10
    hello there ^^

good to see you all there :-)
    We need to vote in the hype so we can get it back on there!
  • RashmeindRashmeind Member Posts: 18
    I used to follow this game YEARS ago!  SOOO excited to what this means for the MMO community.  I feel like people don't realize what this game stands for and I hope that soon they will!  I believe in ToA.
  • umaydaiumaydai Member Posts: 1

I really hope that they manage to get this to work out. It is very ambitious but I'm still all for it :D