Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

World of Tanks: Chinese Tanks Deployed in the EU and SE Asia

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,638MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Wargaming.net has announced that the latest updated to World of Tanks has been released. The most notable feature of the patch is the arrival of the Chinese tank line. The update will be released in North American on January 17th and in Korea on January 21st.

The lower tiers of the new tech tree feature a hotchpot of various foreign designs, including the first Japanese-made tank in the game - the Type 97 Chi-Ha. Heavy Soviet influences are reflected in the top-tier tanks, which also include a number of original Chinese models, some of which never went into mass production. Decent armor, impressive mobility and accurate guns with high damage potential make the Chinese tanks fearsome opponents to face off.

Find out more on the World of Tanks site.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• IchmenIchmen Winnipeg, MBPosts: 1,228Member
    im confused as to why they are adding china but not japan. given the fact we have yank/brit/russian vs german armor.. all of which plays up equally to ww2... yet china really didnt have much of an army in the 40s given that their strongest force was canadian/brit ground forces. it seems odd to do china first over the japanese empire.  that isnt to say china cant/shouldnt be in the game i would just figure more people would want to play as the japanese then the chinese :/ 

CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 2.8GHz
    Evga GeForce 670 FTW
    Evga P55 SLI

<image

• apocolusterapocoluster newport news, VAPosts: 1,321Member Uncommon
    Chinese players spend lots of money in game. That's why there is a Chinese tree. I hope they fixed them. Chinese tanks in the upper tiers were totally broke when they were first on the test server

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• StizzledStizzled Springfield, MOPosts: 1,264Member Uncommon

All they had to do was rework some of the Russian tank models a bit and bam, Chinese tanks. We're getting China before Japan because it was easy to do.

Personally, i'd like to see them finish the trees they have before adding new ones. The British tree is empty, the French is barebones and now we're already getting another tree. Hell, the Germans  still havn't gotten their second TD line, and those were announced (along with the second Heavy and TD lines for all the trees) back before anyone even knew that french tanks were coming.

Wargaming just seems in too much of a hurry to get new nations in the game.  On the topic of Chinese tanks, I don't see anything to get excited about. It's almost a complete copy & paste of the Russian tree, we've already played these tanks.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 1,930Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Stizzled

All they had to do was rework some of the Russian tank models a bit and bam, Chinese tanks. We're getting China before Japan because it was easy to do.

Personally, i'd like to see them finish the trees they have before adding new ones. The British tree is empty, the French is barebones and now we're already getting another tree. Hell, the Germans  still havn't gotten their second TD line, and those were announced (along with the second Heavy and TD lines for all the trees) back before anyone even knew that french tanks were coming.

Wargaming just seems in too much of a hurry to get new nations in the game.  On the topic of Chinese tanks, I don't see anything to get excited about. It's almost a complete copy & paste of the Russian tree, we've already played these tanks.

^

This.

The release of the game in China made the developers go code red for a Chinese tree.

• IlayaIlaya BochumPosts: 417Member Uncommon

There is another explaination to that as well guys which you should consider beside the Chinese sell/game Effect. As the Chinese Tanks are mostly "looted" Tanks, makes WG having the Models already done, or at least 85-90%. So there was not that much work to do on them.

That makes them push out these tanks realy quick. I would not wonder about that. If i had a company and would see the chance to get some decent profit with things i just have to change marginally, i would not wait one sec to get in on the Market. Would you?

I think we will see the British Tree fixed in the bext weeks also with the next German Tree which is missing atm.

Originally posted by Ilaya

There is another explaination to that as well guys which you should consider beside the Chinese sell/game Effect. As the Chinese Tanks are mostly "looted" Tanks, makes WG having the Models already done, or at least 85-90%. So there was not that much work to do on them.

Exactly these guys are raking in millions in profits and we get reskinned "looted" tanks ahead of the develoeprs own stated priorities.  No dual core support, same game modes, new maps that are lacklester at best and removed to be fixed only to be put back in to be removed again.

Originally posted by MMOGamer71
     No dual core support, same game modes, new maps that are lacklester at best and removed to be fixed only to be put back in to be removed again.

Mate, honestly sins the change of the Engine, you have Dual/Quadcore Support. So that there is no support for that is History. They even stated that in a Video. When it comes to Maps as you mentioned; With all the last updates we got the reworked Maps. This is the first one after some time we have not gotten a reworked Map. This is more than normal because the time was so short. So what? Just crying ou loud because this one time we dont get a new/reworked Map? Man, come on.

Originally posted by MMOGamer71
     No dual core support, same game modes, new maps that are lacklester at best and removed to be fixed only to be put back in to be removed again.

Mate, honestly sins the change of the Engine, you have Dual/Quadcore Support. So that there is no support for that is History. They even stated that in a Video. When it comes to Maps as you mentioned; With all the last updates we got the reworked Maps. This is the first one after some time we have not gotten a reworked Map. This is more than normal because the time was so short. So what? Just crying ou loud because this one time we dont get a new/reworked Map? Man, come on.

Who said anything about about a lack of maps this update?  I was referring to maps already released such as DR.

Then i understood that wrong, sry im not english native, some things just slip through. :(
    Then i understood that wrong, sry im not english native, some things just slip through. :(

No problem man.