Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: v1.7 Teaser Site Launched

Comments

• Originally posted by hikaru77
    Originally posted by catlana
    I was hoping for more pvp activities in 1.7. As far as server load goes, tried playing my alt last weekend. Way too many peeps running around for the spawn timers not to mention lag issues due to population. The Harbringer is overloaded.

1.7 will have rep missions from military divisions, maybe that is about some Opvp. We have to wait for the patch notes to know more i guess 

my guess is that the rep thing wont be tied to pvp although maybe that was one of the things they meant by this in state of the game #2: We will be experimenting with a different approach to Open World PvP, something that encourages organic PvP in contested areas in a new and interesting way.

hopefully though, since they are placing this gree event in the pvp area of ilum, it will have the same effect as the world bosses in outlaws den causing big battles during the rakghoul event

• pioneer08pioneer08 Member Posts: 76
    Originally posted by ezpz77

Originally posted by pioneer08
    Originally posted by Celcius
    A rep grind for dailys you have already been doing for months and a public quest. Wow! So much new content! Almost as much content as the expansion! 

Really there are reputation factions in swtor you dont say...oh wait you dont play the game and dont know what your talking about. Move along nothing to see here.

Reputation tied to factions is being added in 1.7

I know this I was replying to the other poster who said we have been doing rep grinds for months already its clear he has no clue what he was talking about.
  • ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227
    A rep grind for dailys you have already been doing for months and a public quest. Wow! So much new content! Almost as much content as the expansion! 

Really there are reputation factions in swtor you dont say...oh wait you dont play the game and dont know what your talking about. Move along nothing to see here.

I know this I was replying to the other poster who said we have been doing rep grinds for months already its clear he has no clue what he was talking about.

He didn't say we have been doing rep grinds for months. He said we've been doing dailies for months and now rep is being attached to them.

• Originally posted by pioneer08

i believe he was saying they are just tying the rep grind to the same dailies we have already been doing, thereby not adding anything really new and not that the rep grind was already there

hopefully they add actual missions to go with them and not just complete quests on x planet(that are already there) to get rep for there

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865

He didn't say we have been doing rep grinds for months. He said we've been doing dailies for months and now rep is being attached to them.

What he said. I meant that this is the same daily content you have been doing for months. Only now they are adding the reputation for you know...doing the dailys you have been doing for months.

Its ok though, hopefully reading comprehension comes with patch 1.8

• tumpaitumpai Member Posts: 8
    you dummies do realize that there are multiple instances of the same zone right? if one is full it puts you into one that has less people. when your thing says there are 257 people on the fleet that means in that instance. there are usualy 4-6 instances of the same fleet every night. this mean that there are more people on the fleet then you think.. you can also switch between instances.
  • AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

When SWTOR launched 10,000 was the cap for a full server.

8,000-9,000 was the range for Heavy.

All they did was change the cap to appear full and heavy.

As of FTP model

176 players is a full server

20-80 is heavy.

All they did was change the cap.

Obviously you aren't playing the game. There are literllay hundreds of players and several instances of the fleet and Corscant at any given time.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by AwDiddums
    Originally posted by bigsmiff
    I wonder how much of this will be available to the non-subscribers.

If you click the link it tells you.

'Events are available'...I am talking about earned titles, reputation rewards, etc...

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

LOL just sounds like a reputation grind

Advance through six ranks of increasing prestige: “Outsider”, "Newcomer", "Friend", "Hero", "Champion", and "Legend".

Earn Reputation Points by completing missions for allies such as the Gree and the Voss, or for military divisions within the Republic and the Empire.

dont mind em, but the planets still just feel dead...

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

When SWTOR launched 10,000 was the cap for a full server.

8,000-9,000 was the range for Heavy.

All they did was change the cap to appear full and heavy.

As of FTP model

176 players is a full server

20-80 is heavy.

All they did was change the cap.

Kughh.. Kughh.. You should try to install game first. Only on fleet station you have almost at any time 3 instance and that  is over 500-600 people. 

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

Although the reputation system is a nice addition, SWTOR stopped being a game I was interested in playing a long time ago. The F2P model is terrible also and gives no incentive to go back unlike TSW and TERA, buying action bars is out right ridiculous.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    You know what I think Bioware should do they are fabulous at stories they need to create alternate routes to level instead of Coruscant -> Taris -> Nar Shaddaa  or  Dromund Kaas -> Balmoral -> Nar Shaddaa and do new quests for that route and voice overs. I would be very happy because then while levelling my 9 toons I can take another path.
    Chamber of Chains
  • dwarfusdwarfus Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71
    [mod edit]

I'm quite sure you wouldn't.

• dwarfusdwarfus Member UncommonPosts: 93

This community is so negative about games all the time. They can't be satisfied.

Why can't you just be happy others are enjoying a game? Instead, trolls and misinformation about how the game is terrible and fail all because the real reason you don't like the game is it did not live up to your expectations.

Did GW2 live up to my expectations? Absolutely not. But what benefits are gained by bashing the hell out of GW2 and its hype generation squad? None except maybe to make me feel a little relief. But some people actually like GW2. So, I'll just interalize my dislike for that game and let those folks enjoy their release from real life.

Maybe this community could do a little more of this interalizing rather than this constant ebb and flow of hype to hate.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Sounds exciting looking forward to the update. They have really been doing a great job making this a very good mmo by adding new feature and content like the ones listed here.

Agree, best game is getting even better. For my gaming needs I'm constantly split between Wow and Swtor, but GW2 is on solid 3rd position. But if I take in account also lore, great sw feeling while being in game .... Swtor is king.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    a rep grind ....yawn
  • BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Coolit

Although the reputation system is a nice addition, SWTOR stopped being a game I was interested in playing a long time ago. The F2P model is terrible also and gives no incentive to go back unlike TSW and TERA, buying action bars is out right ridiculous.

If you go back now , you would be a preferred player and you get 4 action bars and 6 character slots. I think your information is rather old. Also if a F2P player pays $4.99 they get what I just mentioned . You also get to play the whole game for free level 1-50. TSW is B2P $30 up front and you then have to pay monthly $5-$10 for content. SWTOR beats that. As for TERA is it the whole game for free ? I doubt it but someone can tell me if it is I'm sure.

As to the update then yeah it does seems pretty decent and looks to be starting on Ilum and continuing on other planets in the future. At least the reputation is tied to legacy so no need to grind on multiple characters.

As to the posters talking about population , the game has gotten a lot busier of late and that can't be a bad thing really.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• waits1972waits1972 Member Posts: 46
    I've been pleased with SWTOR as of late.  I've been playing since launch on and off.  Last Summer I thought the game was going to wither and die.  However, since the launch of f2p it has become revitilized and exciting again, in my opinion.  I know that the average amount of players on fleet, or any given planet, has more than doubled and stayed that way since November (at least on the server I play on.)  It's not a perfect game - some of the criticism it gets is warranted and some of it is absurd, but speaking for myself, I am looking forward to the new content to be released over the next several months.
  • fuzzlogfuzzlog Member Posts: 1

@Darth-Batman:

"The greed of EA makes this game unplayable for me. Maybe Disney will put out a quality Star Wars MMO... lol."

I'm a paying subscriber for two accounts, and I don't resent what I'm paying (not wealthy by the way) and I love this game and what it has to offer. So i'm trying to understand why someone would provide a comment with such disdain... So can you explain your comment.. I'm really just curious.

• ShaadraShaadra Member Posts: 3

I think that one of the main reasons why SWTOR might have failed, as some say, is because of all of the people complaining every single time a new update comes or new content comes out because it is not what they want.  Just stop complaining already, if you don't like the game then please stop playing and stop coming on here and such and complaining about it!  There are some of us who enjoy playing the game and so just leave it at that and go play WoW or another game instead.  Sorry had to say it because I am tired of all of the childish idiots complaining everytime something new is posted or complaining because PvP is not the way they want it to be!  All of you people that fall into that catagory, go play another game or go make your own game and comment there!

• deven07deven07 Member UncommonPosts: 24
    I dumped it. Too little too late. Would have liked to keep my sub but just not worth the money, and to pay for more content? Nope.
  • deven07deven07 Member UncommonPosts: 24
    With that said there's really nothing significantly better out there atm, just cheaper for what you get
  • Heretic451Heretic451 Member Posts: 69
    Looking at that screenshot, why don't they just make a Tron MMO? Wait a minute, Disney owns that, too.
  • artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431
    Originally posted by cheyane
    You know what I think Bioware should do they are fabulous at stories they need to create alternate routes to level instead of Coruscant -> Taris -> Nar Shaddaa  or  Dromund Kaas -> Balmoral -> Nar Shaddaa and do new quests for that route and voice overs. I would be very happy because then while levelling my 9 toons I can take another path.

That is something I would like to see with a real expansion pack. Add in at least 3 new neutral planets to level on. Planets where both factions are mixed in the same play area so open world PvP could actually work as well.

You would have to go the usuall route to complete your class quest chain, but you could ignore all the side quests and just level on the alt planets instead. But they would have to make less quests worth more XP. Plus make them much longer each to save on VO costs to do it.

This could add in new areas for this rep grind they are adding in as well. Putting these factions on the neutral planets to grind for rep while questing. None of this will happen, but it is fun to dream I guess.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Somebody mentionned that Terror of Beyond introduced the style which would introduce the style of  the armor showed and I agree that TFB Operator IX location is very Tron like - I absolutely love it. I am delighted that they will introduce new armor.  No reason why advance civilization would not have something like that, while millions years behind Earth could have.

For those who never saw it - here is a video of Operator IX kill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWwTC8Pbluc

I made my own video of roaming there after raid, as I was very impressed by the design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvBtWVYmp2A&feature=youtu.be

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E