Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So this thing has open world pvp?

Comments

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347

It's already been confirmed that the game has open pvp, other than that none of us have any secret info that isn't already publicly available. You know as much as the rest of us lol.

• PsyentistPsyentist Member UncommonPosts: 46

As per the OP's intended concerns, its the little things that make all the difference in a persistent world with open pvp.  Exploitable or half-assed safezones, class biases, or too much safety can make or break the entire experience.  

Fingers Crossed!

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347
    it sounds like only the open world pvp is actually an mmo and the other is just coop fps? Does that sound right sorry if wrong.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456
    I watched a video in which they talked about the shadow war or something like that, which sounded like there is open world PVP but players flag themselves if they want to take part in the shadow war.  The details weren't very specific, but I am guessing that will make PVP somewhat uncommon since no one would flag themselves when they are going about their business questing and gathering. 

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

• StarskinsStarskins Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Don't worry, it's from Trion. ;)
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    If the PvP is consentual, I'll definitely flag myself to participate in this "shadow war". Hopefully we can get things going then.

Of course, a PvP server would be even better.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342
    its trion, it will be consensual.
  • XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Originally posted by Raventree
    I watched a video in which they talked about the shadow war or something like that, which sounded like there is open world PVP but players flag themselves if they want to take part in the shadow war.  The details weren't very specific, but I am guessing that will make PVP somewhat uncommon since no one would flag themselves when they are going about their business questing and gathering. 

Yeah, it sounds like it has a lot of potential but I'm afraid the execution will be very limited. 

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    What i "got" from the shadow wars thing was, that there are "areas" where you can hop in for shadow wars (either portal to a shadow war zone(s) / arenas OR there are some spots/areas that flag you for pvp) ..  So in reality, it's nothing like open world PVP.
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Fusion
    What i "got" from the shadow wars thing was, that there are "areas" where you can hop in for shadow wars (either portal to a shadow war zone(s) / arenas OR there are some spots/areas that flag you for pvp) ..  So in reality, it's nothing like open world PVP.

And thats a good thing.  Forced PvP doesnt ever work.  I would prefer a more flagging option for those who wish to partake in the open conflict and leave us carebeares alone but I'll take this.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    It's trion, it will be some wishy washy half arsed taken on pvp with no real effect on the game world, something you do for fun as a side activity when you're not raiding, so as not to scare the horses.
  • CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by azzamasin

And thats a good thing.  Forced PvP doesnt ever work.  I would prefer a more flagging option for those who wish to partake in the open conflict and leave us carebeares alone but I'll take this.

Except for that whole EVE thing with it's four to five hundred thousand active subscribers...

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by Raventree

Unless its done how SWG did it with the Temporary Enemy Flag type deal.  It could be very well done.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Alyvian
    its trion, it will be consensual.

RIFT wasn't consenual.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by Cavadus
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Except for that whole EVE thing with it's four to five hundred thousand active subscribers...

First they just breached 400k middle of last year, so, its a lot closer to 400k than 500k.

Second, its already estimated that roughly 30% of those are multiple accounts from the same person as its extremely easy and profitable to multibox in EVE, especially if you're a miner or manufacturer, and there is a HUGE portion of the EVE playerbase that NEVER ventures into lowsec or nullsec. 

So really its more like 100-150k people who play eve that actively participate in FFA PVP.

The VAST majority of people who enjoy PVP in MMO's prefer RvR style pvp, or instanced battleground style PVP.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl
    If the PvP is consentual, I'll definitely flag myself to participate in this "shadow war". 

it is

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------