Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

3 million copies sold since august general consensus so far

1235724

Comments

  • TheHavokTheHavok San Jose, CAPosts: 2,398Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by darkrain21
    to be honest 3 million in 5 months is actually kinda bad. For an mmo at least.And it being a B2P kinda means that its not making any more money

    It really all depends on how much money was invested for development and what the projected box sales were.  Personally, I think 3 million is a pretty good number, for any game.  Now, if Anet needed 4 million box sales sold by this time, then obviously you could say that the game is struggling.  However, only Anet and their management would know that.

    Getting back on topic: I've taken a small break - just kind of burnt out from my team falling apart in SPvP.  I got what I wanted - Rangers are now in-line with other professions - but I still find myself nitpicky on a lot of things I wish were fixed (ex: pet cannot attack gates).

    I still keep myself updated with GW2 news and I hope the game continues to grow.

  • sapphensapphen Madison, NCPosts: 911Member Common
    Originally posted by WellzyC

    I liked the game, just not something that you can play for X Years like the Greats

    Not yet anyways.  We have to keep in mind that some of the greats have had years to add content.

  • Eir_SEir_S Argyle, NYPosts: 4,623Member
    Originally posted by TheHavok

    Getting back on topic: I've taken a small break - just kind of burnt out from my team falling apart in SPvP.  I got what I wanted - Rangers are now in-line with other professions - but I still find myself nitpicky on a lot of things I wish were fixed (ex: pet cannot attack gates).

    Hmm.  I've only just started getting into the Ranger profession, so I didn't know about the gates, but I do wish they'd add a feature to dismiss the pet entirely (even if it's just temporary so they'll stop attacking random things like training dummies lol).  Maybe that's not what they were going for, but letting the player choose is great for your image as a dev.

  • WarbandWarband ChesterPosts: 723Member
    Originally posted by TheHavok
    Originally posted by darkrain21
    to be honest 3 million in 5 months is actually kinda bad. For an mmo at least.And it being a B2P kinda means that its not making any more money

    It really all depends on how much money was invested for development and what the projected box sales were.  Personally, I think 3 million is a pretty good number, for any game.  Now, if Anet needed 4 million box sales sold by this time, then obviously you could say that the game is struggling.  However, only Anet and their management would know that.

    Getting back on topic: I've taken a small break - just kind of burnt out from my team falling apart in SPvP.  I got what I wanted - Rangers are now in-line with other professions - but I still find myself nitpicky on a lot of things I wish were fixed (ex: pet cannot attack gates).

    I still keep myself updated with GW2 news and I hope the game continues to grow.

    I figure 50 million was spent in development of this maybe an extra 5 for market (if that), probably lesss. It was stated Ncsoft get they get $48 out of $60 using collectors edition to balance out any decreases in that amount as well as overpriced Eu versions. Thats about $50 (very rough) at 3 million sold that's $150 million revenue. 95 million dollars of profit already ignoring cash shop. This was certain a profitable adventure

  • WarbandWarband ChesterPosts: 723Member
     
  • evilastroevilastro EdinburghPosts: 4,270Member
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by TheHavok

    Getting back on topic: I've taken a small break - just kind of burnt out from my team falling apart in SPvP.  I got what I wanted - Rangers are now in-line with other professions - but I still find myself nitpicky on a lot of things I wish were fixed (ex: pet cannot attack gates).

    Hmm.  I've only just started getting into the Ranger profession, so I didn't know about the gates, but I do wish they'd add a feature to dismiss the pet entirely (even if it's just temporary so they'll stop attacking random things like training dummies lol).  Maybe that's not what they were going for, but letting the player choose is great for your image as a dev.

    You can set your pet on passive and it will just follow you around and not attack, its one of the F keys, F4 I think.

  • Eir_SEir_S Argyle, NYPosts: 4,623Member
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by TheHavok

    Getting back on topic: I've taken a small break - just kind of burnt out from my team falling apart in SPvP.  I got what I wanted - Rangers are now in-line with other professions - but I still find myself nitpicky on a lot of things I wish were fixed (ex: pet cannot attack gates).

    Hmm.  I've only just started getting into the Ranger profession, so I didn't know about the gates, but I do wish they'd add a feature to dismiss the pet entirely (even if it's just temporary so they'll stop attacking random things like training dummies lol).  Maybe that's not what they were going for, but letting the player choose is great for your image as a dev.

    You can set your pet on passive and it will just follow you around and not attack, its one of the F keys, F4 I think.

    Ah, sweet, thank you. :)

  • loulakiloulaki PatrasPosts: 918Member
    Originally posted by jblah
    Originally posted by Volkon
    Still playing it, still loving it. Still hit queues in WvW, still overflows in L.A. Still find that events draw a crowd in PvE pretty much anywhere. Still a great game.

    This post was unexpected...

     

    Seriously though selling 3 million copies is great for investors but retention is the stat that matters most to the players. Would be  nice to see the numbers for how many people log in daily now and compare that to 3-4 months ago.

     

    SWtoR sold plenty of copies as did AOC and Warhammer Online.  Since I am not an investor selling 3 million copies means little to me but logging in and seeing mostly empty zones does matter to me. 

    L.A. is always with overflows ..!

    starting zones always full, and my gf's tactic is that if you die where ever you are wait until 15 mins and someone will res you, she is 80lvl over a month and this tactic works ..!

     

    so your statements sounds like blah

    also in WvW we might not be top servers, but we have dedicated guilds who pvp and organise raids (Aurora Glade EU )

     

    i dunno why people say thinks like empty zones ? the only low populated zone is sPvP ...

    image

  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard La BarrePosts: 3,544Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by tyfon

    I played for two weeks trying to have fun, but the lack of tactic, little char progression/diversification and most of all the lack of fun stopped me.

    It's just not for someone who likes deep systems, challenging gameplay and ingame rewards.

    I like all of those things, and I feel that GW2 provides them just fine.  Your opinion is noted, but I heartily disagree.

    It's just the typical kind of arguments used to bash a game and insult its players in the process. It gives the poster a feeling of superiority.

    "Everything game that I do not play/like is cheap crap for simple minded people."

    Yet he only played two weeks... maybe he should have played a little longer to discover the depth of the game. What he does is like judging a movie when you've just seen the trailer.

    Playing now: WoW, Landmark, GW2, The Crew, SotA

    Top 3 MMORPGs played: UO, AC1 and WoW

    Honorable mentions: AO, LotRO, SW:TOR and GW2.

    ----------------

    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

  • DraemosDraemos Antartica, AKPosts: 1,469Member
    Originally posted by Marcus-

     As an MMO vet, i don't really recall most of the early MMOs built so heavily on the progression that so many folks like to harken back on (NwN, UO, SWG) there were some sure, but this fallacy that MMOs have always been about progression is getting old.  Is it casual friendly? Sure it is. Aren't most MMOs these days?

     

    Eh, most were pretty heavy with gear and character progression.  Maybe not  WoW level, but definitely a huge step ahead of GW2.  The whole vanity thing doesn't quite cut it for the non casual crowd.

    It might have been huge in PvP if they just had the architechture (ladders, ratings, spectator mode, etc) in place to support it at launch.  The actual gameplay in PvP is quite good.  I just  feel like it's too late now, even if they add it this year.

  • VolenibbletsVolenibblets London, LAPosts: 212Member Uncommon

    An utterly beautiful, well-made game infused with a lot of love even in the small details, runs about as smooth as can be (WvWvW withstanding) even on oldish machines like mine and has all the hallmarks of a well crafted engine.

    However, for me, they've proved a very important point about online persistent games: If you remove the drive to achieve something that is a challenge to obtain (the proverbial carrot) and give players everything they want from the start, let them roam free to explore whilst simultaneously making the lore either paper-thin or hard to access, then its longievity will ultimately suffer. Plus, and maybe I'm trinity brainwashed, but there's nothing like feeling useful while playing with other people, that I thought was the point of playing with other people. It feels hard if not impossible to feel like you're making a useful impact in a group, it truly feels like every man and woman for themselves. It doesn't even have to involve pigeon-holing roles, just some inter-dependant dynamic would be nice. All that said I think they've moved the bar on...a little. 

    Others may disagree but that's my take. 

  • derek39derek39 monett, MOPosts: 155Member Uncommon

    Me and my GF still play it. There's gotta be some crazy stuff on the horizon this year. But I love what the game already has.

    It HAS longevity. But it's up to you to create a routine that is fun for you. The game doesn't set you on rails and tells you there's only a few things you can do. It's very open ended and I like that. There is a ton of stuff to do at 80. It's just up to the player to figure it out. But Anet has stated they wanted to make the 80 experience more informative, instead of throwing you in there. I can respect that.

    Anyways good on Anet, This is the best MMO I've ever had the pleasure of purchasing and I'll be playing it with my awesome guild for many years to come =] Seeya in Tyria!

    Monster Hunter Veteran since '04.
    Currently playing: MH4U, Bloodborne, FFXIV, and a bit of GW2 on the side.

  • mikahrmikahr ZagrebPosts: 1,066Member
    Originally posted by Draemos
    Originally posted by Marcus-

     As an MMO vet, i don't really recall most of the early MMOs built so heavily on the progression that so many folks like to harken back on (NwN, UO, SWG) there were some sure, but this fallacy that MMOs have always been about progression is getting old.  Is it casual friendly? Sure it is. Aren't most MMOs these days?

     

    Eh, most were pretty heavy with gear and character progression.  Maybe not  WoW level, but definitely a huge step ahead of GW2.  The whole vanity thing doesn't quite cut it for the non casual crowd.

    It might have been huge in PvP if they just had the architechture (ladders, ratings, spectator mode, etc) in place to support it at launch.  The actual gameplay in PvP is quite good.  I just  feel like it's too late now, even if they add it this year.

    Im in the "non casual crowd vet" and it cuts it nicely for me, more nicely than few WoW clones in past few years (namely LOTRO/Rift/SWTOR).

    But i do come from a bit different background, DAoC, L2, EvE.

    Originally posted by Volenibblets

    An utterly beautiful, well-made game infused with a lot of love even in the small details, runs about as smooth as can be (WvWvW withstanding) even on oldish machines like mine and has all the hallmarks of a well crafted engine.

    However, for me, they've proved a very important point about online persistent games: If you remove the drive to achieve something that is a challenge to obtain (the proverbial carrot) and give players everything they want from the start, let them roam free to explore whilst simultaneously making the lore either paper-thin or hard to access, then its longievity will ultimately suffer. Plus, and maybe I'm trinity brainwashed, but there's nothing like feeling useful while playing with other people, that I thought was the point of playing with other people. It feels hard if not impossible to feel like you're making a useful impact in a group, it truly feels like every man and woman for themselves. It doesn't even have to involve pigeon-holing roles, just some inter-dependant dynamic would be nice. All that said I think they've moved the bar on...a little. 

    Others may disagree but that's my take.

    I assure you that my server was never given victory immediately and that lot of work and persistance goes into achieving no. 1 place on friday (not doing too well atm though).

    And there are more interdependancy in GW2 than your proverbial trinity, though you actually have to coordinate your actions with other players through combo fields/finishers opposed to trinity where theres absolutely no need for coordination whatsoever.

  • bookworm438bookworm438 Detroit, MIPosts: 647Member
    Originally posted by Ramonski7
    Originally posted by bookworm438
    Originally posted by dlld
    Originally posted by Ramonski7

    Apr. 10, 2012: ArenaNET announces they are accepting pre-purchases for GW2 but give no release date.

     

    So ArenaNET has sold 3 million copies of GW2 since April not August. So you do the math:

    4/10/2012 to 1/15/2013

    Ten months GW2 has been up for purchase with only 3 million being sold in that time frame. Sounds less impressive. Don't let that official date or that misleading headline fool you. The person asking the question let ArenaNET slip them a mickey on that one and ArenaNET is making it seems to people not aware of the pre-purchase date that GW2 sold 3 million copies in 5 months, which is not the case.

     

    Example if I sold 3 copies of GW2 on Monday and then turn around and sold 2 more on Tuesday and you ask me how many copies of GW2 have I sold since Tuesday, the correct answer would be 2 not 5.

    If instead you asked me how many copies of GW2 have I sold to date, then the correct answer would be 5. With no one the wiser that I started selling them a day early.

    Intersting point, the straight from the source says "It’s been a fantastic ride so far – in the few months since Guild Wars 2 launched we’ve sold more than three million games and have become the most critically acclaimed MMO of 2012"

    So unless lying it means they've sold over 3 million copies since launch, and then the added whateveridon'tthinkitwaseverannounced number of prepurchases.

    I believe it was around 1 million prepurchases. 

    Also @Ramonski: It was 5 million. They projected 3 million purchases by the end of 2012. And if you include prepurchase numbers, as well as 2 million purchases last time the number was announced, they made that.

    Stop trying to inflate the numbers. What was 5 million? The man said over 3 million copies have been sold. He did not say over 3 million copies have been sold which brings our total units sold to over 5 million now did he? My point is the dates not the numbers. Those he made clear. It's the dates he's trying to use fuzzy math with to make it seem like GW2 was selling like hotcakes in 4 months. To which I respond if that is the case he would have followed up with that or we'd see ArenaNET announcing: Over 5 million copies sold! Which they are not.

     

    Just wanted to add a quote from the article in question:

    Just two weeks after launch, Guild Wars 2 had reached 2 million sales and the total now stands at 3 million.

    Two weeks after launch: 2 million (which is really 5 months not 2 weeks worth of sales 4/10/12- 9/11/12)

    Total now: 3 million

    Why are you adding 2 million and 3 million? When he's clearly saying it jumped from 2 million to 3 million.

    It was a freakin typo. *It wasn't 5 million. They sold 4 mil total. 1 mil from the prepurchase, and then 3 mil current post-release sales = 4 mil.

  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter BristolPosts: 2,801Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by bookworm438
    Originally posted by Ramonski7
    Originally posted by bookworm438
    Originally posted by dlld
    Originally posted by Ramonski7

    Apr. 10, 2012: ArenaNET announces they are accepting pre-purchases for GW2 but give no release date.

     

    So ArenaNET has sold 3 million copies of GW2 since April not August. So you do the math:

    4/10/2012 to 1/15/2013

    Ten months GW2 has been up for purchase with only 3 million being sold in that time frame. Sounds less impressive. Don't let that official date or that misleading headline fool you. The person asking the question let ArenaNET slip them a mickey on that one and ArenaNET is making it seems to people not aware of the pre-purchase date that GW2 sold 3 million copies in 5 months, which is not the case.

     

    Example if I sold 3 copies of GW2 on Monday and then turn around and sold 2 more on Tuesday and you ask me how many copies of GW2 have I sold since Tuesday, the correct answer would be 2 not 5.

    If instead you asked me how many copies of GW2 have I sold to date, then the correct answer would be 5. With no one the wiser that I started selling them a day early.

    Intersting point, the straight from the source says "It’s been a fantastic ride so far – in the few months since Guild Wars 2 launched we’ve sold more than three million games and have become the most critically acclaimed MMO of 2012"

    So unless lying it means they've sold over 3 million copies since launch, and then the added whateveridon'tthinkitwaseverannounced number of prepurchases.

    I believe it was around 1 million prepurchases. 

    Also @Ramonski: It was 5 million. They projected 3 million purchases by the end of 2012. And if you include prepurchase numbers, as well as 2 million purchases last time the number was announced, they made that.

    Stop trying to inflate the numbers. What was 5 million? The man said over 3 million copies have been sold. He did not say over 3 million copies have been sold which brings our total units sold to over 5 million now did he? My point is the dates not the numbers. Those he made clear. It's the dates he's trying to use fuzzy math with to make it seem like GW2 was selling like hotcakes in 4 months. To which I respond if that is the case he would have followed up with that or we'd see ArenaNET announcing: Over 5 million copies sold! Which they are not.

     

    Just wanted to add a quote from the article in question:

    Just two weeks after launch, Guild Wars 2 had reached 2 million sales and the total now stands at 3 million.

    Two weeks after launch: 2 million (which is really 5 months not 2 weeks worth of sales 4/10/12- 9/11/12)

    Total now: 3 million

    Why are you adding 2 million and 3 million? When he's clearly saying it jumped from 2 million to 3 million.

    It was a freakin typo. *It wasn't 5 million. They sold 4 mil total. 1 mil from the prepurchase, and then 3 mil current post-release sales = 4 mil.

    They sold 3 millions.

    The 1 million pre-purchases are only counted when the game was released.

    Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Aurora, ILPosts: 2,656Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by darkrain21
    to be honest 3 million in 5 months is actually kinda bad. For an mmo at least.And it being a B2P kinda means that its not making any more money

    It was actually 3 million in 9 months not 5 months. Pre-purchases are paid in full commented sales and they started on April 10th, 2012. Pre-orders are uncommitted sales that cannot be counted on and those are not what I'm referring to. When they officially released on August 28th, 2012 ArenaNET tallied all those pre-purchases since April 10th and two weeks later stated that they sold 2 million copies in 2 weeks. Which was complete hogwash.

     

    it doesn't matter if other companies do pre-purchases or not, that's not what we are talking about. But for some reason everyone wants to give ArenaNET a free pass when they fudge the actual point of sale date.

    image
    "Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

  • NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common
    Originally posted by Ramonski7

     for some reason everyone wants to give ArenaNET a free pass when they fudge the actual point of sale date.

    everyone does "day 1" sales like that  -- whos making exceptions?

     

    when Diablo3 announced sales for in May

    declaring itself the fastest  PC selling game in history due to "Day 1" sales

    that included 2 months of prepurchases  (d3 could be bought direct from Blizzard in March 2012)

     

     

    you can slice it however you want

    but its clear that GW2 sold over million copies from October forward

     -- 6 weeks after release

  • meddyckmeddyck Athens, GAPosts: 1,140Member Uncommon
    I give them credit for trying to do things somewhat differently than WOW clone #12345..., but the game still got boring for me after about 2 months. I'm hoping the changes they have outlined for WvW willl make it something I can enjoy as the next best thing to DAOC 2 which is most of the reason I got interested in the game in the first place.

    Camelot Unchained Backer
    DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

  • gaeanprayergaeanprayer Somewhere Out There, PAPosts: 2,320Member Uncommon
    I was never disappointed in GW2 until Fractals, but only because it's hard to get a group for it. They're working on that though and I'll pick it up again when they do. In the meantime I have 3 80s and am taking a break from it to play other things, but I'm starting to miss it. Everytime I try a game that has the traditional quest system I can't help but grimace.

    "Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

  • MagnetiaMagnetia SydneyPosts: 1,029Member Uncommon
    I like it. I don't love it though.

    Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

  • IPolygonIPolygon ViennaPosts: 707Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Tayah

    Originally posted by Bad.dog
    Originally posted by Tayah
    Originally posted by fat_taddler
    GW2 is a great entry point for players who are new to MMO's and those that are looking for a very casual friendly online gaming experience.   As many have and will state, the game simply doesn't have enough meaningful gameplay / progression options to keep many MMO veterans and hardcore players engaged over the long term.    Sounds like ANet is seeing this as well which is why the 2013 changes seems to be geared towards player retention which is great.

    Aye, the game is perfect for casual players. Too much hand holding for me to have stuck with the game. I knew it was a typical themepark though when I bought it. I treated it like a PS3 game, I bought it, completed it, gave it away.

    I think the problem with GW2 is that it a skill based game and folks like the above posters have a real problem getting around the concept ...gone is the gear grind crutch that soothes folks ego's .Meaningful gameplay was grinding gear drops ,the reason someone kills you in pvp was they had better gear but no in GW2 they take away the ego buffer ,now the reason you lose is your opponent is better .MMO veterans and hard-core players have always known that gear grinds and farming drops were just added to keep the cannon fodder happy and thinking they were competitive ...GW2 cuts the cord, it's builds and skills the reign over grinding and loot drops .

    You're wrong, I despise gear grinding BS that I had to do in order to play with my family, friends and guild in WoW. I prefer real mmo's like the ones in the past Ultima Online, DAOC, Asheron's Call. Don't lump me in there with those gear grinding hamsters.

    The fact that ANet is turning GW2 into a gear treadmill (hi ascended gear) and gated content for that matter has pulled to plug for me. That's the sole reason I took a break from this game.

     

  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Aurora, ILPosts: 2,656Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Ramonski7

     for some reason everyone wants to give ArenaNET a free pass when they fudge the actual point of sale date.

    everyone does "day 1" sales like that  -- whos making exceptions?

     

    when Diablo3 announced sales for in May

    declaring itself the fastest  PC selling game in history due to "Day 1" sales

    that included 2 months of prepurchases  (d3 could be bought direct from Blizzard in March 2012)

     

     

    you can slice it however you want

    but its clear that GW2 sold over million copies from October forward

     -- 6 weeks after release

    Because not everyone offers a pre-purchase option for games being released 4 months in advance. No console game does this. PC games and console games are two different beast. PC games have a leg up because they can release games digitially well before the actual release date while console gamers HAVE to wait. But I'm glad you brought up the point with D3 and Blizzard, read on...

     

    The pre-purchase of D3 two months before release is definitely true. The only difference is that ArenaNET waited an additional 2 weeks before announcing sales and Blizzard announced it's sales day 1. We never got any day 1 sales from ArenaNET so are we to assume that all 2 million bought the game in 2 weeks? Everyone knows Blizzard didn't sell 3.5 million copies as soon as the doors open and many had already bought the game. They also announced by the end of week one, sales climbed to 6.3 million in total units sold.

     

    Now, if for some silly reason Blizzard decided not to release day one sales and waited a week and announced that Diablo 3 has sold 6.3 million copies since it's May 15th launch date, this site would have been lighting up in flames about Blizzard not releasing day one sales and of how many of those sales were from March 15th presales, day one sales and any other sales included in that first week. Just like they did when they actually did release day 1 sales and people here were trying to blast Blizzard because they didn't include copies given during the annual pass promotion giveaway.

    And if you really want to compare the two side by side:

    First Official Announcements:

    • Guild Wars 2 sales from (4/10/12) to (9/11/12): over 2 million (4 months and 2 weeks)
    • Diablo 3 sales from (3/15/12) to (5/15/12): over 3.5 million (2 months)

    Second Official Announcements:

    • Guild Wars 2 sales from (9/11/12) to (1/15/13) : +1 million/TOTAL: over 3 million (4 months)
    • Diablo 3 sales from (5/15/12) to (5/22/12): +2.8 million/TOTAL: 6.3 million (1 week)
    Third Official Announcement (NPD):
    • Guild Wars 2 sales (N/A)
    • Diablo 3 sales from (5/21/12) to (7/20/12): +500k/TOTAL: 6.8 million (1 month and 3 weeks)
    Both games are doing well as you see, but to knock Blizzard for not futher releasing sales figures even when their game was released first is foolish. Especially when Guild Wars 2 is a different beats all together. Because when you breakdown the actual time frame for both games, Guild Wars 2 will come up snake eyes in a side by side comparison.

    image
    "Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

  • NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common
    Originally posted by Ramonski7  We never got any day 1 sales from ArenaNET

    we never got day 1 sales for GW2 true

     

    but ncsoft did declare the pre-purchases to be 1 million on Aug 28

    https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/08/28/guild-wars-2-sales-surpass-1-million.aspx

     

    worth noting -- the presales figures for all of Blizzards games are unknown

     

     

  • VolkonVolkon Sterling, VAPosts: 3,788Member
    Originally posted by Ramonski7
    Both games are doing well as you see, but to knock Blizzard for not futher releasing sales figures even when their game was released first is foolish. Especially when Guild Wars 2 is a different beats all together. Because when you breakdown the actual time frame for both games, Guild Wars 2 will come up snake eyes in a side by side comparison.

    That's strange... I keep getting a 37 instead. image

    Oderint, dum metuant.
    image

  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Aurora, ILPosts: 2,656Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Ramonski7  We never got any day 1 sales from ArenaNET

    we never got day 1 sales for GW2 true

     

    but ncsoft did declare the pre-purchases to be 1 million on Aug 28

    https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/08/28/guild-wars-2-sales-surpass-1-million.aspx

     

     

    Yup so it's safe to assume that they managed to sell over 1 million copies from April 10, 2012 to August 28, 2012.

    image
    "Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Sign In or Register to comment.