Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is your favorite Martial Art School?

EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

I went Tang, it seems to be the most interesting to me and the skills you can get from this school. I have gotten into a few skirmishes and even being a newb to the game still, I think I am finally catching on (lol)  after 3 weeks, but it seems like I am still learning the basics of the game. 

I love the combat animations and the style of the Tang much better than my Scholar, but I think any martial arts school you pickup in, this game can get exciting. I can see the addiction players get into after you logged in a few times, especially after day 1 when you are saying WTF I am playing here.

Comments

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576

Tangman is great for kidnapping, probably number 1. But I have to go for scholar for being very well rounded and powerful.

• BatzenbaerBatzenbaer Member UncommonPosts: 76

I chose Emei.

We are not strong with first inner, because of our low external defense.

But we are very versatile with our 3 Skillsets.

I like the AoE Damage+Groupheal from Meridian Breaking and the Bhuddas Hearth Group Shielding Buff.

The AoE Stun from Double Sting Set is useful in School Wars.^^

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

I like my Wudang.

At first it seemed underpowered, especially against Tangmen who could just run away and kill you from ranged without you being able to do anything.

Now that I've got Tai Chi sword and a few flying skills it's a lot more powerful though, I can really recover hugely from taken damage and my rage skill is super powerful. Usually I can now hold out long enough against the Tangmen spammers until I can get my rage skill off and they die.

Haven't lost many duels anymore, though I must say I haven't fought many royal guards recently, and those seem to be the most OP dueling class.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

I like my Wudang.

At first it seemed underpowered, especially against Tangmen who could just run away and kill you from ranged without you being able to do anything.

Now that I've got Tai Chi sword and a few flying skills it's a lot more powerful though, I can really recover hugely from taken damage and my rage skill is super powerful. Usually I can now hold out long enough against the Tangmen spammers until I can get my rage skill off and they die.

Haven't lost many duels anymore, though I must say I haven't fought many royal guards recently, and those seem to be the most OP dueling class.

Most of the chinese forums say Wudang is a beast, THE beast,  as the game goes along as well, so you should see your strength only getting better as they release more internal skills.

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292

then You are reading some weird forums, as on official and many others people agree that theres no best clan

maybe You saw some talk about Wutang as best for soloing 1st instance, but later everyone can solo it easy

Originally posted by AresPL

then You are reading some weird forums, as on official and many others people agree that theres no best clan

maybe You saw some talk about Wutang as best for soloing 1st instance, but later everyone can solo it easy

That doesn't reflect what we already see in the game Wudang skills already are the highest price. It is much cheaper to start wudang and put together any other skill set than to start any other school and try to put together a taiji sword set...by a huge factor.

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292
    in game You can also see huge overpricing, doesnt mean its correct, most people still dont know game well, and content is very small
  • VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Beggar for me. Lotus Palm is the business (especially Green Lotus - the aerial takedown). Spirit Snake Stick is also really good. Crying Stick/Drunken Style could use some fixes as currently a couple of the skills are not working as intended.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

WV and Guard are on TOP of PVP food chain with their perma disables, tightly followed by Tang.

However, I written PVP in this game off already due massive advantage advanced characters get and I am not a type of player who would just grind the game for 2 months so I can survive more than 3 hits from those players...

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

My main is Emei and im happy with her. Love the school, so peaceful and full of great visuals.

ps/ I also eat Royal Guards with their funny ropes for breakfast