Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wakfu: Ankama Takes Over North American Publishing

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Square Enix has announced that it will no longer be publishing Wakfu in North America. Ankama Games will take complete control of community management, customer support, promotion, sales, marketing and other live operation duties. 

We'd like to reassure you that this decision was not made lightly, and that this process will not have any impact on the game itself, your characters and progress, or the delivery of new content; we will do our utmost to ensure that the transition will be as seamless as possible and without interruption of service.

Check out the FAQ on the Wakfu site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,003
    Ankama are really bad at customer service while Square Enix is good at customer service so thats bad for customer service and probly other things too.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• fldashfldash Member UncommonPosts: 227
    Needs to go full F2P before I give it another look...

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

• samvenicesamvenice Member UncommonPosts: 153

So now my hopes of being able to play this game again someday in ENGLISH have been crushed forever.

For those who don't know, there's a crazy region lock on communities: I live in Spain, I am by no means Spanish, and Ankama doesn't let me play on the "International - English" server because I have a spanish IP (no, i don't want to VPN or anything).

That's just silly and all the official forum posts on the matter since the switch to this model, past CBT (when I could play) have been ignored by Ankama so... this is what ankama does: poor service and suicidal marketing decisions that are preventing loads of potential customers to play because they are "region locked" in the country they connect from.

• rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185
    Originally posted by fldash
    Needs to go full F2P before I give it another look...

same i dont like the trial nonsense version

hallo ~_~

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Fun game but it cant get me to sub on it. To many games that cost nothing with more content. If it went f2p id probably try it again though.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• thrasher1991thrasher1991 Member Posts: 9
    Dude you know there is an european server right? 
  • DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Samvenice, join Remington. International English speaking server.

• BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403
    It will never go F2P, Dofus is still P2P to this day