Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wizardry Online: Retail Launch Delayed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Wizardry Online developers have announced that the official retail launch of the game will be delayed from January 16th to January 30th. Devs cite the desire to deliver "the most epic gameplay experience to our players".

We are excited and eager to launchWizardry Online and are committed to delivering the very best gameplay experience possible. We thank you for your patience as we make a few additional refinements to the game.

Find out more about Wizardry Online.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586

I was looking foward to this being released tomorrow, but I can wait another couple weeks!

Curious what caused the last-minute delay.  The game has certainly remained under the radar, so maybe they will use the time to build up some hype.  I enjoyed my time in the beta immensely and will definitely play at release.  

*edit - The delay is for Steam launch.  Source

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Maybe they can totally revamp the game in two weeks...The one I saw in beta certainly wasn't worth playing.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I played a bit in beta but couldn't find any reason to continue. Maybe I'll give it another shot when it launches.
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    The beta was disappointing unless you were really in to griefing. 
  • LydarSynnLydarSynn Member UncommonPosts: 181
    I was looking forward to this game. I am not a big graphics guy but the artistic design did not fit into a perma-death atmosphere IMO. I really didn't get into the game that much because the look of it really turned me off. I think that was the first time that I stopped playing a game solely because of the way it looked.
  • DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by LydarSynn
    I was looking forward to this game. I am not a big graphics guy but the artistic design did not fit into a perma-death atmosphere IMO. I really didn't get into the game that much because the look of it really turned me off. I think that was the first time that I stopped playing a game solely because of the way it looked.

comments from gamers  like  this make me laugh, I can't wait for you to make a game... Oh wait !

Do you think all games should be made for everyone?? This is why we have WOW that game was made for almost everyone thats why its popular then we have games like Darkfall, Mortal online, so the people who love PVP can have games to enjoy instead of playing agasint boring AI...

If you want graphics there is final fantasy!!    I rather have game play then graphics any day of the week, I love how gamers are quick to judge and think they know everything about game design, I love the comments wow those devs suck, that issue is easy to fix when they never made  a game in there life.  The comments go on, and then you wonder why gamers, that are devs won't make you guys MMo's... Maybe one day you will learn, but I doubt it, so enjoy WOW..clones, and boring AI....

PS: I perosonally liked some aspects of this game and some I did not, I did like some of the control I had with combat were other aspects I dislike, the graphics were decent but not to cry about like some have said, maybe some need a new set  of eyes or graphics cards, because they were not bad as some have said,  it is a style that some either hate or love.

See I can have an opinion on a game but just because I do not like it I won't say a game fails like alot of people which annoy me.. I will never understand some people saying a game fails because they dislike it or because it didn't make 50 million subs , it amazes me with the comments every day on how many silly comments people say on the net these days..

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Just going to get put on life support and left to rot like other SOE games.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

Forgot add what happen to all the guild wars 2 fanboi saying how that is the best game ever, I said it from the start that game will start great and fade away most gamers today have a short attention span, that is why any Dev with a half a brain will not make MMo's anymore. They will make mobile, or console games, more money and faster to development, sad but true..

MMo's are a dieing breed and thats because of people they want they act and expect everything for nothing.