Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are you playing now? What future game are you hoping will succeed?

Currently Playing: WoW

I am currently playing WoW again. I had initially leveled to 90 then I dropped it, because I am not a fan of the Asian lore. I am a fan of cheesy kung fu, etc. but the Orient lost its appeal to me many years ago.

I came back after dabbling elsewhere and am pleasnatly surprised to find solid raiding experience and a better balance of thigns to do. WoW has done it again. It is almost as good as it was in TBC.

Hoping will Succeed: FFXIV: ARR

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn seems to be a game the have doubled down on and shows good signs of being a solid game rising from the ashes of a game I tried SO HARD to play when it first came out. Gorgeous character art, the best graphics... now a real combat system, an AH... basically the game most of us wanted. I really hope it works out for everyone.

Someone please make a good MMO.

Comments

• AalamrAalamr Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Currently playing phantasy star online 2.

Waiting on Final Fantasy 14 AAR and NA release of PSO2.
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    I am currently playing Tera since it is active right now. I am hoping The repopulation is going to be my next long term MMO.
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Currently: EQ2

Hoping: FFXIV: ARR, AA or, further down the line, PFO or EQ Next.

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

Currently: Chivalry, PS2, Darkfall:Unholy Wars beta  (didn't specify MMOs or not)

Waiting on: Archeage, DFUW release, Age of Wushu, and eventually Embers of Caerus, EQ next

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• baritone3kbaritone3k Member Posts: 223
    Originally posted by Grixxitt

Currently: Chivalry, PS2, Darkfall:Unholy Wars beta  (didn't specify MMOs or not)

Waiting on: Archeage, DFUW release, Age of Wushu, and eventually Embers of Caerus, EQ next

I totally get that I didn't specify MMOs, but this is the MMO discussion area. There is an off-topic area for non-MMOs. Technically, we are only supposed to talk MMOs.

That being said, I did DL Chivalry and am looking to play it a bit. Also loving Dark Souls. Thosre are my current non-MMOs.

Would also like to state that I have hopes for TESO and Archeage. But FFXIV: ARR is my #1 game.

Someone please make a good MMO.

• Goatgod76Goatgod76 Member Posts: 1,214

Currently: Vanguard: Saga of Hereos

Hopes: EQ Next or The Repopulation. OR the indie MMORPG Legends of Etherell....if it isn't just vapoware.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

LOTRO and NHL 2013.

Edit:

Want Neverwinter.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

playing D3, STO, PS2

waiting for Marvel Heroes, and news on titan.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Planetside 2 a bit, mostly AC/AC2 though. Various single player games.

Hoping for mostly future single player titles. There's a few upcoming MMO's that sound neat, but meh. It's hard to get motivated for the future of this genre right now.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Still playing Guild Wars 2, indifferent to the success of other MMOs now.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071

Cool thread.

Currently playing: Vendetta Online - the game that grew up from four guys in Milwaukee, was based on ideas nobody in the industry would take a risk on, and is still around today being continuously developed and updated after 10 years.  Most recent innovations: multiplayer ships (capital and fighter class) and a mobile-native port letting users play in the same galaxy as pc's and laptops.

Hoping will succeed: Elite Dangerous - because it looked like this game almost didn't even make it off the ground with the kickstarter, and yet proved the market for twitch-based spaceflight is there.  More competition tends to lead to more innovation, and as a dreamer I see more competition as a good thing.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• django-djangodjango-django Member Posts: 115
    Currently playing: Age of Wushu and The Secret World.

Hoping will succeed: Age of Wushu once fully released, Final Fantasy: AAR and The Repopulation.

Honorable mention: World of Darkness (since there is a lot unknown about it.)
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Playing Skyrim, Torchlight2 and RaiderZ currently.  Ive semi-given up on GW2 because every since the hype train dropped for me for Neverwinter I jsut can't see me playing it because it doesn't offer the kind of content I want.

Desperatly waiting for Neverwinter.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    Currently playing the waiting game. Cautiously following TESO, EQ:Next, and WildStar. Hoping one of those will be worth playing.
  • JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271

Currently playing TERA, Age of Wushu CB (NA and RU accounts) and a bit of Vanguard.

Looking forward FF ARR, Archage, Blade & Soul and EQnext

• Z0RR0Z0RR0 Member Posts: 9
    Currently playing wow on queue waiting for bg.. i'm hoping that my team will win :)
  • AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

GW2 and some planetside 2

I hope PS2 and archeage both do well.  Planetside 1 was one of the best games ever made, IMHO, and I would play PS2 more if I had a better computer and friends to play with.  I have a few friends who enjoy GW2 so that is what I do right now; it is pretty good.  I also liked GW1 so I knew GW2 wouldn't be too far from the mark and it is not.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

currently playing a heavily modified skyrim with realism mods and graphics mods for the true sandbox rpg feel.

Hoping and preying that TESO will be awesome as hell and continue my love of TES games.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Currently playing : Mabinogi, although I haven't logged in a few days. Pretty much the only MMO I've played lately. Been spending more times with non-MMORPGs as of late (Skyrim and DOTA 2) but that's out of subject.

Hoping will be a success : There hasn't been much that caught my attention other than ArcheAge. I guess I'd add Phantasy Star Online 2 to that list as well since there are no NA/EU servers yet. Defiance as well, although I don't see myself playing it for a very long time (few weeks tops). That's pretty much it.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Playing - SWTOR

Hoping to suceed - All games.

I can't think how anyone can be petty enough to hope for an entertainment product to fail but that might be my bias talking.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154

playing lol and cabal

created characters in tsw and gw2 but havent been able to play properly... was in a bus accident  : <

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912

Playing: Vindictus and slumming through EQ2.

Not much on the radar really. Maybe Blade and Soul, Mabinogi 2, and EQNext.

• DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371
    Im not playing any MMO's atm, just waiting for Final Fantasy ARR to come out. Actually playing sims 3 some lately, but that's starting to get boring again. May start up skyrim again idk.
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961

Currently playing: FallenEarth (sporadically for crafting fix)

Hoping for: EQNext (but that one is too far away), TESO (still desperately hoping it doesn't suck as much as it sounds like till now. So I hope my impressions so far are wrong)

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Currently: I'm not playing any MMO full time. Once in a while I login GW 2 or SWTOR.

Hoping: I'm looking forward to trying the WvW changes in GW 2 in the upcoming patch. I am going to give Defiance a shot in beta. Wildstar looks like it could be a fun change of pace. Age of Wushu sounds appealing on paper but I'm wary of the localization and UI issues I've read about. I might give TESO a try in beta although it would have to be pretty awesome to get me to purchase another generic fantasy MMO.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer