Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge English Website

2»

Comments

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Pro friggin site!
  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

weird, I think the site is awful, gaudy, convoluted.  I'm not trying to be a 'negative nancy'  gotta love the 'in b4' crowd.  Make up your own phrases.

It's not friendly at 720p resolution, too much text chopped off.  The auto loading music and youtube trailer are considered bad practices in web design.   I don't know if alternative modes of navigation are the new hip thing, but I like to point and click with my mouse on what I want to view rather than using the scroll wheel to flip through things.  Less is more.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by adam_nox

weird, I think the site is awful, gaudy, convoluted.  I'm not trying to be a 'negative nancy'  gotta love the 'in b4' crowd.  Make up your own phrases.

It's not friendly at 720p resolution, too much text chopped off.  The auto loading music and youtube trailer are considered bad practices in web design.   I don't know if alternative modes of navigation are the new hip thing, but I like to point and click with my mouse on what I want to view rather than using the scroll wheel to flip through things.  Less is more.

I didn't write "in b4". Proper sentence so what's the problem?

You said "I'm not trying to be a 'negative nancy'" As far as I know, I didn't name names so...if the shoe fits, up to you.

Anyways, I don't see how your feedback on the website's layout (at 720p), music etc is negative.

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675
    Wow, this makes me optimistic, if they put as much effort into making the game as they do into the website, this should be a very fun and exciting game to play.
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    The web designer in me wants to strangle the people who did this and pat them on their backs at the same time.  Still, it's a fantastic presentation and gives hope for a proper English version instead of the junk we usually get (see Age of Wushu).
  • infamouswhoisinfamouswhois Member Posts: 185
    i'm confused with the race description page. I thought there were suppose to be a few more different races?
  • SygrisSygris Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by yutty
    i'm confused with the race description page. I thought there were suppose to be a few more different races?

the ones missing are the; dwarves, fairies, warborn and the returned. they will be added with patches.

• SharessSharess Member UncommonPosts: 293

Gorgeous well fuctioning website with amazing music that you can pause or skip. Lots of information though I wish they went more in depth with the class section. So many things you can be/do. God I want to play this game now. 

I find it hard to believe that the guild community I belong to (Tribegaming) will not have a chapter in this game. If you are interested in Archeage then I would recommend putting an application in with us. We also have a great GW2 and WoW chapter currently with many other 'gaming nights' with other games. 

Archeage, shutup and take my money. Korean English or otherwise. 

Sharess Dragonstar - Midgard
    Grievance is recruiting.
  • Chief021Chief021 Member Posts: 107
    I'm thinking we will see this game sooner than we expect? we hope...

A PS4 ESO guild accepting applications at http://lowlyknights.enjin.com

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860
    Originally posted by adam_nox

What do you mean with not friendly at 720p resolution? The site has a minimum width of 1004 pixels, it's perfectly fine for 720p monitors (which standard resolution is 1280x720). It's not responsive, but I doubt gamers visit gaming sites from ipads, so not a real issue.

Auto-loading music perhaps, depends on the genre of the site, for gaming I'd consider it acceptable. The trailer introduction is a very korean thing to do though, I think it should be part of the website requiring a click instead of being something you have to skip.

I'm a web developer and this website is pretty good, it's pretty well done, it offers an engaging method to display stuff, the navigation is exactly like http://www.beoplay.com/Products/BeoplayA3 which has won multiple awards by expert judges, hip thing=successful? I don't think how this website could be "less", you scroll, you obtain new information, you have the alternative to click, if that isn't a straightforward UX experience, then I don't know what is.