Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game's community really is horrible

Dxcam1Dxcam1 Member Posts: 5
I've been playing for 1 hour and have already seen over 10 hentai discussions, this is like 4Chan online.

Comments

• iksuhoeiksuhoe Member Posts: 3

It's really not. There's a few select people that start discussions like that and it's them doing it every time. Ignore those people and you have a regular community.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by Dxcam1
    I've been playing for 1 hour and have already seen over 10 hentai discussions, this is like 4Chan online.

er, pvp server?

the pvp server is a bit more intense.

try the role play pve server, it seems a bit better,.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    The RP server isn't bad, which is the primary reason I play on it. Give it a shot.
  • blkwltz19blkwltz19 Member UncommonPosts: 18

Haven't seen that discussion, but I swear everytime time I get on, I see a debate going about Alienware...... lol

But yes, try the RP-PVE, it should be better

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by iksuhoe

It's really not. There's a few select people that start discussions like that and it's them doing it every time. Ignore those people and you have a regular community.

Pretty much is just a select few.

Also its GLOBAL chat, it spams across the ENTIRE game, why wouldn't trolls flood to it? If you don't want to loosen up and join in on the stupidity turn it off. TERAs UI is one of the most customizable in any game, you can do anything you like with it so go to that chat window go to the options and edit it as you please.

Also about your point on 4chan...well, they've currently got the two largest most active guilds on the game so that explains that, both located on Mount Tyranas server.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    I went online and saw someone being an idiot...everyone on the internet is therefor an idiot.
  • Rayzer235Rayzer235 Member UncommonPosts: 63
    Dam they're still having Alienware debates on there I checked it out again about a month the chat was just about Alienware and how  inferior Guild Wars 2  was to  Tera.
  • hopenottakenhopenottaken Member Posts: 38
    WoW is the first MMORPG.
  • Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346

hentai, GW2, racism, GW2, alienware, GW2, homophobia, GW2, pedophilia.

TERA chat has been that way since beta.

• LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by hopenottaken
    WoW is the first MMORPG.

^ also common

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

I just played for the first time last week and had to leave Global chat before I had even reached level 4. Apparrenlty the cool thing to do in Global chat is to match a movie with the name Elie (or something close to that). So you get bombarded with non-stop spam of:

Gone with the Elie

Charriots of Elie

Star Wars: Elie Strikes Back!

A Fish Called Elie

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

You must be new to online gaming,  welcome aboard and make sure you wear you're thick skin.

Publishers have two choices in this matter,  Filter everything and make it a pain for the community or don't filter and let the community block players that abuse chat.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by Psychow

I just played for the first time last week and had to leave Global chat before I had even reached level 4. Apparrenlty the cool thing to do in Global chat is to match a movie with the name Elie (or something close to that). So you get bombarded with non-stop spam of:

Gone with the Elie

Charriots of Elie

A Fish Called Elie

Well, TBH that's WAAAY better than the 'anal' thing that was sweeping WoW a while back. Or the Mr. T / Vin Diesel / Chuck Norris / Random celebrity jokes before it. Or pretty much anything in Barrens chat.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Its why i hate general chat, its only flooded with nonsense and nothing usefull what so ever.
  • Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

judging a community by it's general chat...

you won't last long in any mmo, sir.

• wallet113wallet113 Member Posts: 231
    Originally posted by Rthuth434

nothing about WoW?

hahaha

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

You think TERA is bad? Head on over to Darkfall for a real eye opener. Worse of the worse.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Originally posted by wallet113
    Originally posted by Rthuth434

nothing about WoW?

hahaha

Some but not much.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582
    Originally posted by Rider071

judging a community by it's general chat...

you won't last long in any mmo, sir.

I say that all the time about WOW too.   People have to remember that players who are talking in general chat are only doing it because they aren´t in a guild and don´t have any real friends in the game.   Only new players, and weirdos use general chat... everyone who is normal is with their guild or friends.

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

though this game's general chat does have a specific keyword that no other game has to activate troll superpowers...

just say 'ELIN' in general, lol.

once again, to judge a game by it's general chat is silly, but yeah, the word Elin always is good for chuckles.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Rider071

once again, to judge a game by it's general chat is silly, but yeah, the word Elin always is good for chuckles.

I agree, I don't know why people do this, you've got a chat channel that thousands of people can use, guess which ones are going to use it the most? Oh that's right, the trolls.

Either put on your thick skin and take part in the nonsense or turn it off. Thats the beauty of it.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

TERA looks like a cheap anime, so it's no wonder it attracts the "lol hentai" crowd. I find them a bit amusing in the "well, at least my sense of humor isn't this bad" way.

Originally posted by Rednecksith
    Originally posted by Psychow

Gone with the Elie

Charriots of Elie

A Fish Called Elie

Well, TBH that's WAAAY better than the 'anal' thing that was sweeping WoW a while back.

Oh, don't worry, the "anal" thing made a comeback in TERA. Apparently linking items and writing "anal" before them is the funniest thing ever.

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

I agree , of all the mmos I have played, I found Tera to be the worse.

TSW when i did play , had a great community on the most part people were friendly and helpful

and most games I have played , there is a few idiots, but in general I found as far as mmos go, the chat was fairly reasonable.

But Tera , was in a total different league for idiots.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428
    Originally posted by Entropy14

I agree , of all the mmos I have played, I found Tera to be the worse.

TSW when i did play , had a great community on the most part people were friendly and helpful

and most games I have played , there is a few idiots, but in general I found as far as mmos go, the chat was fairly reasonable.

But Tera , was in a total different league for idiots.

You haven't played much mmos or most of mmos you play doesn't have a server wide chat. If you turn off global and just have Area than ya its fine like most game. but any game with a server wide chat will be spammed with just a few idiots buts its server wide so you see it all the time where in other games they can only infect 1 area at a time.

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931
    Well with Tera most never chat. Now head to WOW go to Goldshire and tons of girl and guys .. sorry guys and guys doing rp...