Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a "Blade Runner" style game..either RPG or MMORPG

brackatchabrackatcha Member Posts: 24

On a huge Blade Runner kick right now and would love to play a game that is similar to the world depicted in the movie..any thing that you guys would reccomend?

Thanks!

Comments

• GengeleGengele Member Posts: 9

Deus Ex, the first game, is a really good RPG, allthough single-player. Deus Ex: Human Revolutions is allright, nice as good as the first game but with significantly improved graphics and perhaps more inviting.

• ionxeelionxeel Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Deus Ex: HR is a good choice. Pretty solid single-player.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

I remember when GTS first came out for Vendetta Online thinking it was similar in mood to Blade Runner.  I've also drawn a lot of inspiration from the author of the book Blade Runner is based on when designing mission content for Vendetta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=E4XabTgxnF8#t=97s }

Neocron may also be worth a look, although I haven't spent a lot of time in that world.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Originally posted by brackatcha

On a huge Blade Runner kick right now and would love to play a game that is similar to the world depicted in the movie..any thing that you guys would reccomend?

Thanks!

Heya mate :)

I think lots of us waiting for an "Blade Runner" kinda Game :) I have something for ya which is in Development atm. It is done by the Guys which made "The Witcher". Perhaps something for you, but you have to wait a bit tho. Anyways...here is the Trailer. Hope you enjoy it :)

It is called Cyberpunk 2077

http://youtu.be/A2tJ6P5POks

• zerocountzerocount Member UncommonPosts: 200
    As mentioned before Neocron is well worth a look, especially as they have released a new server and are now updating the game.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    I'd listen to a guy named zerocount in a thread about Blade Runner. Check out VO too while you are at it 8-/

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    It would have the same issue as SW, minus Galaxies.  When everyone is a jedi or a blade runner, it cheapens the entire concept.
  • OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Some of the people who played the Matrix Online came over to The Secret World.  It's a bit more X-Files/Lovecraft/Indiana Jones, but might want to take a peek.
  • ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905

Son I've played every cyberpunk game under the sun and I'll list off my personal favourites (RPG wise).

Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition

Deus Ex Human Revolution

Original Syndicate

E.Y.E. Divine Cybermacy is all right

THANKFULLY! We have a ton of awesome cyberpunk games coming up. The genre has been dry for years save Deus Ex. We have Watch Dogs an open-world game about hacking public infrastructure, cell phones, etc. with a psuedo-multiplayer component. Remember Me is a game about altering memories and appears to have awesome Assassins Creed style combat and platforming. Lastly, Cyberpunk 2077 looks to be the holy grail of cyberpunk RPGs save Deus Ex. It's being developed by CD Projeckt Red, the creators of The Witcher games.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

There are already good titles in the thread, and I admit mine would be slightly off too (since it's adventure, not rpg) but :

if you have a kick and want a game in BR world... why not playing Blade Runner? :) I know it's a bit old, but it's a great game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner_%281997_video_game%29