Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A summary on the changes that are coming to GW2 in 2013

TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Comments

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Tiller
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/colin-johanson-on-guild-wars-2-in-the-months-ahead/

Already posted - twice before - search is your friend....

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Originally posted by botrytis
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/colin-johanson-on-guild-wars-2-in-the-months-ahead/

Didn't see it, but search tool is not a friend of mine since it don't work very well here, even after all these years.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• travamarstravamars Member CommonPosts: 417
    Originally posted by botrytis

Didn't see it, but search tool is not a friend of mine since it don't work very well here, even after all these years.

LOL yeah the search here is totally useless.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

I don't see any thread dedicated to this in this subforum.

I expected a little more details. They said they will show a roadmap and I remember roadmaps for FF XIV with dates and specifics etc. I guess we have to wait a little longer.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Yes, the whole blog is too loose on the little details. No release date estimates, no concrete details... it's basically about what they want to do and not about what they'll do and when.
  • bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647
    Everyone knows that most companies never give release dates until they are absolutely certain it can release. What if something goes wrong between now and when they are suppose to release? When they announce that it'll he pushed back, the amount of complaining will be enormous.
  • IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    After the ascended gear thingy I lost all trust in the management. I am still convinced there will be new tiers and "better" equipment in the coming years. The "there won't be a new tier in 2013" says much about where they want to go with this. I know things can change, but the design philosophy doesn't change that as much as systems being replaced. To me ANet seams totally insecure, which is not good. With GW1 ANet knew exactly where to go. With GW2 there are too many maybes and we'll look into it.

Tbh, all the teased stuff sounds great, but so did the manifesto and blogs only a couple of months prior to release.
  • WARCRYtmWARCRYtm Member Posts: 875

I cant believe
    Did you give yourself the trouble to read what has been said about the changes??
    The updats will be launched in the first half of the year, with the majority in February and March, and we will have a small patch in January.

What was said in the blog is what the haters (mmorpg community) complain
    Anet says they will do what you ask and even then you conplain.

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

I love that they say they want to avoid introducing a gear treadmill whilst finally confirming that there WILL be future tiers beyond ascended meaning there will indeed be a gear treadmill...

It's that same attitude of 'our players are stupid so if we just lie to them they'll never know' that made me give up on them after the initial Ascended Armor debacle.

• Originally posted by Scalpless
    Yes, the whole blog is too loose on the little details. No release date estimates, no concrete details... it's basically about what they want to do and not about what they'll do and when.

Dude  read it properly omg.

Just because it’s not listed here doesn’t mean it’s not being worked on, but hopefully this helps give some insight into where we’re headed in the first half of 2013.

In the short term, to provide a guideline on how we’re going to get where we’re going, our January release will be a relatively small one, setting the stage for the story that will play out in February and March. The January release will also provide the groundwork for the major feature additions you’ll see in the larger February and March releases.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

SCREW THAT! I want Expansion GW1 style!!! NEW CLASSES AND MORE SKILL!!!!

Edit:

AND MORE WEAPONS!!!

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223
    I want to see what they do with WvW. The whole section on that was vague, but pointed in a direction that might be what I am waiting for. Looks like 2013 could be a good year for GW2.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

SCREW THAT! I want Expansion GW1 style!!! NEW CLASSES AND MORE SKILL!!!!

Edit:

AND MORE WEAPONS!!!

Expansion is in development, but I don't think it will be released in 2013. Maybe early 2014 or very late 2013.

• Rayzer235Rayzer235 Member UncommonPosts: 63
    Originally posted by Alberel

I love that they say they want to avoid introducing a gear treadmill whilst finally confirming that there WILL be future tiers beyond ascended meaning there will indeed be a gear treadmill...

It's that same attitude of 'our players are stupid so if we just lie to them they'll never know' that made me give up on them after the initial Ascended Armor debacle.

Where in that did they even say that what blog were you reading?

• LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by Rayzer235

They clearly stated that there will be no more gear between ascended and legandary.

(incase of confusion I am siding with you Rayzer235)

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    They said that there WILL be future tiers, but not in 2013. L2read really. They also mentioned something about expanding selection of Ascended items, the sounds of which I did not like. They haven't said that they'll fix Trading Post/Crafting conundrum(GW2 is the only game where basic materials are more expensive than crafted items). They haven't said nothing about balance(Necro+Engineer+various other issues say hello!). Only thing that I actually cared in that big parade of self love was the mention of fixing loot. Too little and too late.

And to think that this could've been such a nice game if they kept Strain as lead dev instead of appointing this Colin clown with such a burden. Shame.

No they didn't. They implied that there will be future tiers in years to come, which realistically is more manageable. As long as each tier isn't extremely more powerful than the previous gear, and it doesn't take forever and a day to obtain them. Also, if they make previous tiers easier to obtain it'll also be better. However, they didn't say that there WILL be future tiers.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

At the moment, it sounds like they don't know about future tiers. Maybe there will be, maybe there won't. Their interest in raising the level cap makes the whole thing even more problematic.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Originally posted by Scalpless

At the moment, it sounds like they don't know about future tiers. Maybe there will be, maybe there won't. Their interest in raising the level cap makes the whole thing even more problematic.

Anet said that an expansion is in the works so the level cap increase is a given.

About half of the blog post was ways ANet was going to get the playerbase into the world which is a good thing cause GW2 level 20-70 is dead right now.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by LadyEuphei

They clearly stated that there will be no more gear between ascended and legandary.

"in 2013" :/

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

Hey he said it's not "gear", that leaves the option to add mega infused super upgrade slot items in the new elite fractal levels ....for...existing gear.

:D

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    Originally posted by LadyEuphei

"in 2013" :/

It is a blog about 2013.

And im fairly sure that "new tier" is tied to level cap increase.

Anyway, thats all i wanted to hear anyway, im satisfied for a year...if they hold on to that.

Originally posted by skydiver12

Hey he said it's not "gear", that leaves the option to add mega infused super upgrade slot items in the new elite fractal levels ....for...existing gear.

:D

I dont care about fractals so they may do infusion grind however they like ;P

Ill probably go through them on level 1 sometime, no need to infuse that he he

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    I seriously don't care if they add more tiers of gear as long as they can be achieved by pooling my efforts among the various activities. It's actually something Colin stated in the linked article.
  • allendale5allendale5 Member Posts: 124

Notice how games that try to break the WoW clone mold start out okay but then slowly get enough criticism to make them eventually patch towards becoming more clone like.  So many of these changes appear that way to me. 

I'll be most interested in the spvp changes.  As it is now, the thought of pvping for cosmetics is just not fun to me.  Ya, it's equal for everyone, but without some impactful rewards, it lacks any life to me.  

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by allendale5

Notice how games that try to break the WoW clone mold start out okay but then slowly get enough criticism to make them eventually patch towards becoming more clone like.  So many of these changes appear that way to me. 

I'll be most interested in the spvp changes.  As it is now, the thought of pvping for cosmetics is just not fun to me.  Ya, it's equal for everyone, but without some impactful rewards, it lacks any life to me.  

I think that you can be sure of one thing: that one area that wont have "impactful rewards" is sPvP/tPvP.

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222
    I honestly dont get why they havent gone more into new PvP modes, rather than stickin with capture the flag. They had nice pvp options in gw1, why not copy it