Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HeroEngine Update #1

JamesPJamesP Member UncommonPosts: 595

I will be making daily updates on here about What's going on with our Switch to Hero. This will be purely technical and WILL not for the time being be used to answer any questions concerning KickStarter, potential changes to our Revenue generating plans, or anything of that nature until we our selves have further information in these regards.

We have had a fairly productive day today. The following is a listing of what's been worked on:

GUI - We have our GUI in place. I still have scripting to do to get it all working but it's in place

World Development - We have our team working on importing our models into Hero and starting the process of developing our World. Our goal is to get the UI completely working, Our Grasslands Climate fleshed out, Combat in place, and our Housing system in place before we release any updated Screenshots or Videos. We are working as quickly as possible to get that done!

Company Owner
MMO Interactive

Comments

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Boy, this game is starting to sound like "The Chronicle." Anyone remember that nonsense? Here you go. Enjoy:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/196/view/forums/thread/120993/Open-letter-from-Rapid-Reality.html

Joined - July 2004

• JamesPJamesP Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Originally posted by Jacxolope
    Originally posted by JamesP
    Originally posted by Jayaris

I will be making daily updates on here about What's going on with our Switch to Hero. This will be purely technical and WILL not for the time being be used to answer any questions concerning KickStarter, potential changes to our Revenue generating plans, or anything of that nature until we our selves have further information in these regards.

We have had a fairly productive day today. The following is a listing of what's been worked on:

GUI - We have our GUI in place. I still have scripting to do to get it all working but it's in place

World Development - We have our team working on importing our models into Hero and starting the process of developing our World. Our goal is to get the UI completely working, Our Grasslands Climate fleshed out, Combat in place, and our Housing system in place before we release any updated Screenshots or Videos. We are working as quickly as possible to get that done!

Very productive day on the forums as well =P

The boss throwing around threats and making himself look like 10 year old....

How do we know this work is really happening- How do we know you are not "Pulling an Appleton" on us?

Look, I'm not here to argue with you or anyone else. I posted an update on what we have been working on. I have Screenshots, Chat, and plenty of work to back it all up that I can't post because It's not ready for the public eye yet. You can choose to believe me or not it's up to you...

I just hope being associated with such a fucking scumbag doesn't negatively impact on your life. 

(Please don't threaten me IRL)

Jason is done with these forums. Any updates that are made on here will come directly from me. All official information will be made first to our own forum and then if I decide to I will post it to these. I really hope everyone on here can stop this crap that's been going on. We ARE here to stay. GM WILL be made. and it's going to be a great game!

James- reading posts by you leads me to believe you are legitimate... You should have been the PR guy since day 1 and locked Appleton away on dishwashing duty or sent him to a fight club or something...

-The damage is done though. You have to see something wrong with taking donations for a FREE GAME (MMORPG.COM please update the information on this game as it is NOT F2P) and then "pulling an Appleton"... Surely you see the guys misrepresentations and lies.

I seriously hope this does not negativly impact you because Appleton will be the new Buzzword for scam if this does not materialize.

Like we keep trying to say no final dicision on a paid subscription or not has been decided. There is still a chance everything will remain the way we had said on our KickStarter. Truth be told that is REALLY our goal. We just aren't sure if it's possible. We ran into issues with using Unity3D. The Switch to a better engine for our desired vision HAD to be made. Hero was hands down the logical choice. Yes it may mean having to make some changes but those changes are completely out of our Control.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by Jayaris

Very productive day on the forums as well =P

The boss throwing around threats and making himself look like 10 year old....

How do we know this work is really happening- How do we know you are not "Pulling an Appleton" on us?

Look, I'm not here to argue with you or anyone else. I posted an update on what we have been working on. I have Screenshots, Chat, and plenty of work to back it all up that I can't post because It's not ready for the public eye yet. You can choose to believe me or not it's up to you...

I just hope being associated with such a fucking scumbag doesn't negatively impact on your life. 

(Please don't threaten me IRL)

Jason is done with these forums. Any updates that are made on here will come directly from me. All official information will be made first to our own forum and then if I decide to I will post it to these. I really hope everyone on here can stop this crap that's been going on. We ARE here to stay. GM WILL be made. and it's going to be a great game!

James- reading posts by you leads me to believe you are legitimate... You should have been the PR guy since day 1 and locked Appleton away on dishwashing duty or sent him to a fight club or something...

-The damage is done though. You have to see something wrong with taking donations for a FREE GAME (MMORPG.COM please update the information on this game as it is NOT F2P) and then "pulling an Appleton"... Surely you see the guys misrepresentations and lies.

I seriously hope this does not negativly impact you because Appleton will be the new Buzzword for scam if this does not materialize.

Like we keep trying to say no final dicision on a paid subscription or not has been decided. There is still a chance everything will remain the way we had said on our KickStarter. Truth be told that is REALLY our goal. We just aren't sure if it's possible. We ran into issues with using Unity3D. The Switch to a better engine for our desired vision HAD to be made. Hero was hands down the logical choice. Yes it may mean having to make some changes but those changes are completely out of our Control.

No. The descision was made IMHO the second the first donation came in. THAT mon ey went for the promised F2P... You cannot change rules midgame.

• boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Glad to hear of the progress. Will be following.
  • LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223

How does that make sense? specifically

" There is still a chance everything will remain the way we had said on our KickStarter."

How can you deviate from the path that you had people pay for? I thought kickstarter locked you into your plan. Hmmmm, I wonder if people will start asking for refunds. Even better if kickstarter will force a mass refund from 'editing' their path to much.

P.S. Dont pull an Appleton

Originally posted by LadyEuphei

" There is still a chance everything will remain the way we had said on our KickStarter."

How can you deviate from the path that you had people pay for? I thought kickstarter locked you into your plan. Hmmmm, I wonder if people will start asking for refunds. Even better if kickstarter will force a mass refund from 'editing' their path to much.

P.S. Dont pull and Appleton

Thank you- Yopu said it better that I.

This will hurt the credibility of legitamite KS projects. I for one wasnt too familar with KS until now and I wouldnt risk a dime knowing they can get away with this.

Originally posted by LadyEuphei

P.S. Dont pull and Appleton

Thank you- Yopu said it better that I.

This will hurt the credibility of legitamite KS projects. I for one wasnt too familar with KS until now and I wouldnt risk a dime knowing they can get away with this.

I am acctually looking into getting in contact with kickstarter to learn if this is legal. Seems to me like a bait and switch. I think it would be very interesting to get kickstarters view on the subject. Better go get my screen shots while the webpage is un-altered!

• Has anybody reported it to kickstarter? I'm sure they wouldn't take to kindly to a company using kickstarter to get funds, and not delivering what was promised.

LadyE beat me to it! ;)

Wooo, am I going crazy? Wasn't there a second kick starter? Where did it go? can someone link it to me?

• MogusMogus Member Posts: 169

Jesus,

there is no 2nd Kickstarter. As I've said several times, as of right now, nothing about the game has changed but the Engine we are using.

www.greedmonger.com
    Did you like Ultima Online? Then you'll LOVE Greed Monger!

• BlackUhuruBlackUhuru Member Posts: 770
    This guy reminds me of Henrik Nystrom lol.

"It would be awesome if you could duel your companion. Then you could solo pvp".--Thanes

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Yeah Jesus lady euphel.   no 2nd KS.
  • bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Originally posted by BlackUhuru

henrik....is that thd mortal online guy?

Originally posted by Mogus

Jesus,

there is no 2nd Kickstarter. As I've said several times, as of right now, nothing about the game has changed but the Engine we are using.

Actually, I am Buddah . jesus posts over at Ten Ton Hammer

No second kickstart? Could of sworn I read that? I am going to PM Jesus and see what he knows.

• boobitsboobits Member Posts: 27

Jesus,

I thought you said you were done with this board due to the lies????

Jesus,

Get out of here before you make a fool of yourself again lol! Let James handle it! For a programmer he is very good at not "pulling an Appleton"

Originally posted by bliss14
    Yeah Jesus lady euphel.   no 2nd KS.

This is a miss quote, I am not Jesus.

Originally posted by bliss14
    Originally posted by BlackUhuru

henrik....is that thd mortal online guy?

I am thinking this game was "False Flag" attack actually funded by henrick nystrom... This guy make henrick Nystrom look like the best CEO in the World. Now when people attack henricks credibility he will state "At least I do not pull an Appleton"- And he will shut his critics right up.

Well played henrick...Well played...

• BlackUhuruBlackUhuru Member Posts: 770
    Yes the Mortal guy lol...

"It would be awesome if you could duel your companion. Then you could solo pvp".--Thanes

This discussion has been closed.