Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the real barracks

This is what the barracks forum would look like if they didnt delete/lock every even slightly negative post.  Actually, instead of having 10 posts a day in the only active "game" forum, atleast you would have 20 with the truth about how bad the game and developers are.  More people have issues with the game than enjoy it at this point by far and many of us trully do want to see them go under.  This is a great place to save/warn people the time to load this POS and give a charity donation to a very dead product that offers little. 

Now pack up your skittles and skip back over to the fairy tale forum :)

LOVE

OJ

Comments

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

I love ya OJ, but take it deep bro

Love Pittpete AKA Pitt2

LOL like no one made that connection when I was with Der Tigerimage

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by OtotheJ

This is what the barracks forum would look like if they didnt delete/lock every even slightly negative post.  Actually, instead of having 10 posts a day in the only active "game" forum, atleast you would have 20 with the truth about how bad the game and developers are.  More people have issues with the game than enjoy it at this point by far and many of us trully do want to see them go under.  This is a great place to save/warn people the time to load this POS and give a charity donation to a very dead product that offers little. 

Now pack up your skittles and skip back over to the fairy tale forum :)

LOVE

OJ

Couldnt agree more. Thanks OJ

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Lawl! Offers little? More anti-game BS that doesn't really consider what non burnt out butt hurt vets might see in the game.

A great example here, of why this forum is the m and m's quarter.

Let it go, move on.

I'm sure there are other games you guys can complain about...LOL

• OtotheJOtotheJ Member Posts: 52

Yeah, the game just offers so much! So much that you have 200 player peak server pops for a couple hours a day and its free....Are the numbers even that anymore? The game hasnt reached any milestones being up 11 years either because anyone with half a brain would of unplugged the server with those numbers in an mmopg long ago

Most of the day its a counterstrike server with nintendo 64 graphics that you were trying to charge people 17.99 a month for.  One thing that keeps me smiling and coming here is that no way in hell will they ever figure out whats wrong with the game and actually dev something that adds players.  They havent done anything right in 7+ years and will continue to do nothing with the people currently involved now or the past.  

I'm waiting for the next brilliant idea like RA that no one wants.   

Point well made OJ - CRS are one of the most dedicated crews out there to their game and vision....the rest of it, your just miffed they saved the game.

Your the same guy who used to crow you broke their game, right?
  • wrath04wrath04 Member Posts: 89

Yeah, the game just offers so much! So much that you have 200 player peak server pops for a couple hours a day and its free....Are the numbers even that anymore? The game hasnt reached any milestones being up 11 years either because anyone with half a brain would of unplugged the server with those numbers in an mmopg long ago

Most of the day its a counterstrike server with nintendo 64 graphics that you were trying to charge people 17.99 a month for.  One thing that keeps me smiling and coming here is that no way in hell will they ever figure out whats wrong with the game and actually dev something that adds players.  They havent done anything right in 7+ years and will continue to do nothing with the people currently involved now or the past.  

I'm waiting for the next brilliant idea like RA that no one wants.   

Jesus OJ  lol So ... you like the game too eh?  :) if you keep talking dirty like this, Depot might friend you on facebook lol

!S

So why waste your time OJ posting about how bad the game is?

Usually people post a review if they don't like a game, uninstall it and move on.

It boggles the mind how you guys can't let it go.

Answer my question bro.

Honestly, why can't YOU specifically let it go?

I actually had a hand in ruining the game .  Please see knowitall kilemall for my "tribal raiders of france" grand wizard membership card 

While a very minor part it was, my mega squad helped cement the always planned dev of the good ole boys hc driven mechanics that completely cut the nuts out of the game you play today.  You cant touch the squad level play someone like myself or deadlock or dinker etc provided people at the drop of a hat with this over regulated, completely shit hc and supply layer present today

Those forced hc mechanics took the game from a very hardcore planned and executed squad based tactical sim to a steaming pile of crap play.  You think fighting in a box one by one all half assed with never ending supply compares? LOL

Regardless, you cant FUP the command mechanics, supply mechanics and even what you develope all at the same time like these morons did.  I could pick the entire dev apart infantry animation redo after weather addition at a time and so many other awful choices all day

"We have done lots of things over the years and nothing has brought any players". Well no shit... maybe its time to let someone else pick the ideas since yours have ALL failed miserably over the last 7+ years.  A 12 year old could come up with better concepts than most of what you have done here with the game at this point.

Want some more? The game is irreversably F'ed at this point.  Gameplay is for idiots that like to be herded in a box with arcade supply and lacks anything close to resembling something worth even playing for free.  Please go dl this POS and come back in here and tell us all how exciting it was.  These people no longer belong in business.

• RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Regardless of what people say,  OJ and Dinker and many others that no longer play did more for this game as PLAYERS then the CRS could wish for in 100 years of positive advertising.  I should know,  I was on the receiving end of the mega zerg / breakfast club rolls.  Frustrating?  Yes.....but hella fun
    Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)

And that was the key riga.  FREEDOM with game mechanics that supported players. I was personally despised by the allied and axis.  Big joke was that with 150+ squaddies I could really give a shit what the dumb hc goon wanted or what the rest of the players thought.  My goal was to have fun and provide that fun to my squadies first, fuck the rest. 

You see if you didnt like my cocky camping style you had a choice to join a more refined gentlemen like dinker  or you could go play in the bushes with hathchicken.  The game offered endless squads, styles and leaders which generated countless immersive gameplay options.  Instead they traded it all for hc in box with arcade mode supply. Add shit dev content for the complete failure the game is today

• RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207

And that was the key riga.  FREEDOM with game mechanics that supported players. I was personally despised by the allied and axis.  Big joke was that with 150+ squaddies I could really give a shit what the dumb hc goon wanted or what the rest of the players thought.  My goal was to have fun and provide that fun to my squadies first, fuck the rest. 

You see if you didnt like my cocky camping style you had a choice to join a more refined gentlemen like dinker  or you could go play in the bushes with hathchicken.  The game offered endless squads, styles and leaders which generated countless immersive gameplay options.  Instead they traded it all for hc in box with arcade mode supply. Add shit dev content for the complete failure the game is today

Btw...its good to still see you around OJ.  I was known as Tilolyen back in the day in game.  Now I simply go by Tilo.  Best allied HAVOC pilot to ever grace the game.

-Rig

Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)

OJ, thats all good and stuff.

I have no hard feelings toward ya and I loved that style of play but why can't ya answer my question?

• argelargel Member Posts: 34

Big joke was that with 150+ squaddies I could really give a shit what the dumb hc goon wanted or what the rest of the players thought. 

Couldn't. You couldn't give a shit. When you say 'could', it means that you did care what the others thought.

Happy to help.

• MouzurXMouzurX Member Posts: 44
    OJ the whole squads having more freedom would be great and some solution to the whole "HC-system requires 1 MOIC who is the one who gives all calls" thing, but I wouldn't play the game with armybase based supply for more than 2 years you know, it would get boring no?
    Originally posted by pittpete

So why waste your time OJ posting about how bad the game is?

Usually people post a review if they don't like a game, uninstall it and move on.

It boggles the mind how you guys can't let it go.

Answer my question bro.

Honestly, why can't YOU specifically let it go?

I'm here to remind everyone who was right about the game mechanics direction concerning the hc/toe/ao developed content.  They destroyed the game with it and I will continue to highlight this major lack of understanding on their part that has been a large reoccuring theme on why the product is not worth playing or investing in any further. 

The game they visioned with these craptastic mechanics appeals to a few hundred people on the entire planet even when free.  The game could of appealed to many thousands even today with the shit graphics had it been done correctly with quality squad based mechanics and dev that wasnt pulled out of a hat.  Please dont come in here blowing smoke up everyones asses on a yet another charity drive because the product is garbage, they dont deserve the support any longer, and havent for quite sometime

At this point, they not only will never have the resources to take this game any further, but even if they did its not like they  "could" ever figure out what brings players in.  Again, 7+ years of shedding players with bad idea after bad idea to the point where you dont even have the proper staff to develope anything isnt going to miraculousy change now.  You cant be this bad at what you do for this long and expect to go any further with this product and those associated with it

And that is the truth and final conclusion of ww2 online. 

Originally posted by Rigamortis

Btw...its good to still see you around OJ.  I was known as Tilolyen back in the day in game.  Now I simply go by Tilo.  Best allied HAVOC pilot to ever grace the game.

-Rig

Hey man

Yeah I remember you :) I could never fly in this game and it use to piss me off completely to be bombed

According to your logic  "I'm here to remind everyone who was right about the game mechanics direction concerning the hc/toe/ao developed content."

How can you remind people that never played the game?

Blow smoke up who's butt?

What does that mean?

I'm not trying to make the game appealing to you.

It's all about you isn't it?

Well guess what, it's all about me too.

I'm here for me.

I'm here to get more players to try it.

Maybe the more that try some might stay, contrary to what you say.

Why can't you move on?

What does the game owe you?

You claim you broke the game?

Good for you, you broke it, you won the prize, you're the topdog, you're the best.

You've been predicting the games death for how many years now?

You're a broken record...

I'll be here showing my support because I want to.

You're here because you have issues that go deeper than any game.

A grown man that can't let go of an online make believe war game who finds time to post here and on the forums of the game he hates.

I mean I can understand the others that find it almost their rightly duty to bash the game because DOC was mean to them and stuff.

Originally posted by MouzurX
    OJ the whole squads having more freedom would be great and some solution to the whole "HC-system requires 1 MOIC who is the one who gives all calls" thing, but I wouldn't play the game with armybase based supply for more than 2 years you know, it would get boring no?

The game was in FAR better shape both number wise and gameplay wise when squads were actually able to play the game without the hc interference.  Many players have left the game in disgust because of this very game mechanic as well and how many implosions of this system that controls the entire game have we had over the years?

As for supply, the current abomination of rotating flags is mindless.  Relying further to have commander corky grant you permission to attack some where when he is good and ready is completely lol . Basic town supply at each location (2004) was way ahead of this absolute shit supply mechanic.  No softcaps, no fab meatgriinder and actual regional attrition warfare to be had.  Driving up a lower tier tank to a battle that was raging for hours actually meant something.  Interdiction, actual formations and a tangible supply pool to attrit blows todays arcade mode out of the water. 

So the game was a series of shoebox shooters based around one towns supply?
    Originally posted by pittpete

According to your logic  "I'm here to remind everyone who was right about the game mechanics direction concerning the hc/toe/ao developed content."

How can you remind people that never played the game?

Blow smoke up who's butt?

What does that mean?

I'm not trying to make the game appealing to you.

It's all about you isn't it?

Well guess what, it's all about me too.

I'm here for me.

I'm here to get more players to try it.

Maybe the more that try some might stay, contrary to what you say.

Why can't you move on?

What does the game owe you?

You claim you broke the game?

Good for you, you broke it, you won the prize, you're the topdog, you're the best.

You've been predicting the games death for how many years now?

You're a broken record...

I'll be here showing my support because I want to.

You're here because you have issues that go deeper than any game.

A grown man that can't let go of an online make believe war game who finds time to post here and on the forums of the game he hates.

I mean I can understand the others that find it almost their rightly duty to bash the game because DOC was mean to them and stuff.

I just state the facts on why the game is terrible and going nowhere.  People who want to try the game should understand that the developers are not worthy of any further support.  My views are very much game related and are also shared by many

OJ bro thats cool.

Really thought highly of you from the old days and still do bro.

"People who want to try the game should understand that the developers are not worthy of any further support"

On this I say nothing for fear of self-incrimination...LOL

Just want you to understand why I'm here,  and don't want it  to result in any hostilities towards each other.

No sweat brother

I like you too <3 Not in a ghey way or anything but jesus will save you from the evil someday.  I just talked to him and he forgave rapistburger too :)

• MouzurXMouzurX Member Posts: 44

The game was in FAR better shape both number wise and gameplay wise when squads were actually able to play the game without the hc interference.  Many players have left the game in disgust because of this very game mechanic as well and how many implosions of this system that controls the entire game have we had over the years?

As for supply, the current abomination of rotating flags is mindless.  Relying further to have commander corky grant you permission to attack some where when he is good and ready is completely lol . Basic town supply at each location (2004) was way ahead of this absolute shit supply mechanic.  No softcaps, no fab meatgriinder and actual regional attrition warfare to be had.  Driving up a lower tier tank to a battle that was raging for hours actually meant something.  Interdiction, actual formations and a tangible supply pool to attrit blows todays arcade mode out of the water. 

Yeah the game had more subscribers in 2004, 3 years after release. But would it have been more if they made other choices? Perhaps. According to mmodata there were 15k subscribers in 2002 and then till 2006 around 12,5k.  Even with "awesome" gameplay it had 12,5k and it remained at that level. Its just a niche market this game is playing in because its a simulator and not a shooter like planetside 2(which will fail anyway within 3 years because of multiple things).

Only thing i know is that i will still support the game, because its the only game around that does this and It's still a lot of fun to play.

• AbyssussAbyssuss Member Posts: 85

Yeah the game had more subscribers in 2004, 3 years after release. But would it have been more if they made other choices? Perhaps. According to mmodata there were 15k subscribers in 2002 and then till 2006 around 12,5k.  Even with "awesome" gameplay it had 12,5k and it remained at that level. Its just a niche market this game is playing in because its a simulator and not a shooter like planetside 2(which will fail anyway within 3 years because of multiple things).

Only thing i know is that i will still support the game, because its the only game around that does this and It's still a lot of fun to play.

You're joking right? I just counted 34 players on the axis side not so long ago, I really wouldnt try to compare this mmo to Planetside 2, PS2 actually is updating the game, ww2 hasnt had an update for a year...