Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: v1.7 Teaser Site Launched

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

BioWare has updated the official site with a teaser page featuring the highlights on the way with the arrival of patch v1.7. The new teaser also includes several new screenshots and some new information.

Check out the v1.7 Star Wars: The Old Republic teaser site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• pioneer08pioneer08 Member Posts: 76
    Sounds exciting looking forward to the update. They have really been doing a great job making this a very good mmo by adding new feature and content like the ones listed here.
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    The greed of EA makes this game unplayable for me. Maybe Disney will put out a quality Star Wars MMO... lol.
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    I wonder how much of this will be available to the non-subscribers.
    For a few folks usually the same ones who over and over post Swtor is damned if they do and damned if they dont. As one of the many who actually play this game I am looking forward to it.
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

As much as any new content is good for a game, a game that is hurting and struggling to bring in new players one would think the company would start focusing on where the game is bad instead of adding little to add to the game. Expanding a near worthless system like the legacy system is just telling everyone to expect more of of the same that made the game lose so many players in the first place.

Good for those that stuck around, short term.

Long term, doesnt do much to bring in or keep new players and certainly doesnt bring back old players. So, fans can cheer all they way, but they are not facing the reality of a game that is hurting, why its hurting or how to save it so it lasts longer.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416
    Originally posted by bigsmiff
    I wonder how much of this will be available to the non-subscribers.

If you click the link it tells you.

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Im sorry but this game left a sour taste in my mouth since launch. Yes I know they have fixed a lot of issues players had but its to little to late. I doubt if TOR will ever make the money back that they dump into it ot make this game. They better hope they someday can at least break even.

Originally posted by jtcgs

As much as any new content is good for a game, a game that is hurting and struggling to bring in new players one would think the company would start focusing on where the game is bad instead of adding little to add to the game. Expanding a near worthless system like the legacy system is just telling everyone to expect more of of the same that made the game lose so many players in the first place.Good for those that stuck around, short term.Long term, doesnt do much to bring in or keep new players and certainly doesnt bring back old players. So, fans can cheer all they way, but they are not facing the reality of a game that is hurting, why its hurting or how to save it so it lasts longer.

Hurting yeah clearly you have absolutely no idea what your talking about. Since f2p almost 3 months ago the servers have been full I wouldn't call that hurting or struggling. If you actually played the game you would see in chat daily people talking about how they were F2p but now are subs how is that not bringing in new players? Its posters like this that cant comprehend the fact that swtor is doing good f2p has brought in a ton of new players and the future is bright. New content in 1.7, new expansion this spring feel free to waste another couple years of your life bashing a game you dont play.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by pioneer08
    For a few folks usually the same ones who over and over post Swtor is damned if they do and damned if they dont. As one of the many who actually play this game I am looking forward to it.

I think you got your few and many adverbs switched.  I logged in last weekend and the server was deserted.

Hyping a few minor changes like this patch has is only something EA would do.

• ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

I think you got your few and many adverbs switched.  I logged in last weekend and the server was deserted.

Hyping a few minor changes like this patch has is only something EA would do.

What time did you log on because I usually play every night at primetime and every single server is heavy or higher. 

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

As much as any new content is good for a game, a game that is hurting and struggling to bring in new players one would think the company would start focusing on where the game is bad instead of adding little to add to the game. Expanding a near worthless system like the legacy system is just telling everyone to expect more of of the same that made the game lose so many players in the first place.

Long term, doesnt do much to bring in or keep new players and certainly doesnt bring back old players. So, fans can cheer all they way, but they are not facing the reality of a game that is hurting, why its hurting or how to save it so it lasts longer.

The expansion is coming soon after the 1.7 uptade. And sorry to dissapoint you, but the game is earning new players and subs everyday, is not a game for everyone, but lots of people love and enjoy it. More poeple will come back to try the 1.7 update, same with the expansions, i remember people talking about how swtor will die fast, 1 year after launch and is not the wow killer but the game is doing great and getting better with all those new updates.   

Originally posted by Thebigthrill

When SWTOR launched 10,000 was the cap for a full server.

8,000-9,000 was the range for Heavy.

All they did was change the cap to appear full and heavy.

As of FTP model

176 players is a full server

20-80 is heavy.

All they did was change the cap.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677
    I was hoping for more pvp activities in 1.7. As far as server load goes, tried playing my alt last weekend. Way too many peeps running around for the spawn timers not to mention lag issues due to population. The Harbringer is overloaded.
  • kyssarikyssari Member Posts: 142
    haha mindless grinding of dailies wasn't enough so here come the rep grinds!
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by catlana
    I was hoping for more pvp activities in 1.7. As far as server load goes, tried playing my alt last weekend. Way too many peeps running around for the spawn timers not to mention lag issues due to population. The Harbringer is overloaded.

I'm on shadowlands I believe right now and same story here. Far too many peeps around to level on open world quests. It seems easier to pass the class quests now though, finished up korriban last night at level 7 hoping the next planet isn't as populated lol.

Edit: this is why I hate F2P

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Originally posted by catlana

1.7 will have rep missions from military divisions, maybe that is about some Opvp. We have to wait for the patch notes to know more i guess 

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

It's common for all MMO's to lose pop after a while, and since a lot of people yell "doom" when an mmo start merging, they come up with white lies like "We will merge servers into these new mega servers", to make it appear as if they didn't lose any subs.

Rift did something similar, they made a lot of their servers "trial servers", gave everyone free transfer and asked people to move off of them (even put in a few restrictions to make sure people moved), then when people were moved off the trial servers they could close them down without everyone going apeshit about it.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by hikaru77

The expansion is coming soon after the 1.7 uptade. And sorry to dissapoint you, but the game is earning new players and subs everyday.

Too bad for you yet ANOTHER EA quarterly report shows differently.

You guys have been doing NOTHING but deny that SWTOR is having issues ever since they started popping up shortly after release.

Since that time, Bioware has gone through 2 massive shifts in management, mega server mergers and F2P with 4 straight piss poor quarterly earngins reports.

You can like the game all you want, EARNINGS REPORTS DONT LIE and SWTOR has seen yet ANOTHER DROP in the amount of money its bringing in. So you can wave your flag in front of the burning building to try to keep people from noticing it all you want...all you are doing is allowing Bioware to continue on their downward spiral instead of actually doing something to try to put out the fire.

BTW, Age of Conan had near 600,000 new accounts created at the 2 month mark after going lol "f2p", go log on and see how many stuck around...because Funcom didnt address the games issues that drove players away also...and they didnt even merge into mega servers placing all sub players together to inflate the numbers like SWTOR did.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

As much as any new content is good for a game, a game that is hurting and struggling to bring in new players one would think the company would start focusing on where the game is bad instead of adding little to add to the game. Expanding a near worthless system like the legacy system is just telling everyone to expect more of of the same that made the game lose so many players in the first place. Good for those that stuck around, short term. Long term, doesnt do much to bring in or keep new players and certainly doesnt bring back old players. So, fans can cheer all they way, but they are not facing the reality of a game that is hurting, why its hurting or how to save it so it lasts longer.

The expansion is coming soon after the 1.7 uptade. And sorry to dissapoint you, but the game is earning new players and subs everyday.

You guys have been doing NOTHING but deny that SWTOR is having issues ever since they started popping up shortly after release.

Since that time, Bioware has gone through 2 massive shifts in management, mega server mergers and F2P with 4 straight piss poor quarterly earngins reports.

You can like the game all you want, EARNINGS REPORTS DONT LIE and SWTOR has seen yet ANOTHER DROP in the amount of money its bringing in. So you can wave your flag in front of the burning building to try to keep people from noticing it all you want...all you are doing is allowing Bioware to continue on their downward spiral instead of actually doing something to try to put out the fire.

BTW, Age of Conan had near 600,000 new accounts created at the 2 month mark after going lol "f2p", go log on and see how many stuck around...because Funcom didnt address the games issues that drove players away also...and they didnt even merge into mega servers placing all sub players together to inflate the numbers like SWTOR did.

Well please post a link to your information. 2nd quarter'13 ended in October which means they have not released or ended a quarter since swtor went f2p. Nice try epic fail. Btw the I do enjoy AOC if they did add 600,000 (based on your inaccurate facts about swtor i fiubt this) thats good for them.
  • i hope the trooper armor in this pic is obtainable. maybe its part of the gree tech gear they mention

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

When SWTOR launched 10,000 was the cap for a full server.

8,000-9,000 was the range for Heavy.

All they did was change the cap to appear full and heavy.

As of FTP model

176 players is a full server

20-80 is heavy.

All they did was change the cap.

Proof?  Even more important, explain why they would even bother?  They don't need to prove anything to the gamers who already like the game and those who are outside wouldn't know or care about server caps and the whining of haters about population conspiracies.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    A rep grind for dailys you have already been doing for months and a public quest. Wow! So much new content! Almost as much content as the expansion! 

I don't think anybody is going to deny that SWTOR has had it's fair share of issues. We all know the game has been struggling, but things are on the upswing at the moment, and it gets a bit tiresome dealing with the overt negativity that is constantly displayed on this website.

The latest earnings report that is available is from October 30, 2012 and there is no mention of a drop in the amount of money it is bringing in. In fact, in the report you will find that it says, "Subscriptions, advertising, and other digital revenue grew 48%, driven by Star Wars: The Old Republic."

Like you said, EARNING REPORTS DONT LIE, so I'm not going to accpet it if you decide to tell me that the quote I provided is nothing but PR spin.

Originally posted by Celcius

A rep grind for dailys you have already been doing for months and a public quest. Wow! So much new content! Almost as much content as the expansion! 

Really there are reputation factions in swtor you dont say...oh wait you dont play the game and dont know what your talking about. Move along nothing to see here.
    Originally posted by Celcius

Really there are reputation factions in swtor you dont say...oh wait you dont play the game and dont know what your talking about. Move along nothing to see here.

Reputation tied to factions is being added in 1.7