Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AV shut down forums

Really? 10+ hours of  "The forums are currently offline for maintenance" following ..... 

Comments

• jskeets916jskeets916 Member Posts: 154
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Really? 10+ hours of  "The forums are currently offline for maintenance" following ..... 

After going from launch to over a month of beta without a word, there's nothing AV can do to surprise me at this point, literally.

• uidCausticuidCaustic Member Posts: 128

You mean Tasos and AV are scamming money from hard working folks again?  That sucks, if only something like this happened before to give the masses an indication of how untrustworthy anything realated to Dark Fall is.

Oh, wait.  Déjà vu...

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402

What is your problem ?

There was a thread in the public announcement section that the forums will be down for 24h. Hopefully we get new forums.

And they update plenty of times in the beta section, have to leave now need to play DF:UW Beta

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    I can see the community in this game is going to be AMAZING.../sigh
  • HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

So to learn details of the forum being down, you need access to the forums? image

Why not just change the vBulletin Message to reflect something other than "The forums are currently offline for maintenance."  

Oh, Great job on the timing given what happened yesterday. image FAIL!!!

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601

So to learn details of the forum being down, you need access to the forums? image

Why not just change the vBulletin Message to reflect something other than "The forums are currently offline for maintenance."  

The forum message is exactly what you need to know... it's down for maintenance lol. What more details do you need?

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

You cant expect too much from a game that is loaded with hacks and Dupes.

Originally posted by Thomas2006

umm...hacks are external and not part of the game.

• gchris7gchris7 Member Posts: 73

There is not a single hack and since recently not a single dupe in Beta. Get your facts straight.

• TymorisTymoris Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Obviously it's a scam Hancakes, they will start with the excuse that they are offline for maintenance then it will be an extended maintenance, then the forums problems infected the bet so it will be delayed for 2014 then they will keep our money for reimbushement for the mental anguish the players caused them by asking all the time for their game.

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Originally posted by gchris7

Originally posted by Thomas2006 You cant expect too much from a game that is loaded with hacks and Dupes.

There is not a single hack and since recently not a single dupe in Beta. Get your facts straight.

You keep thinking that.. Answer me this. How did within 10 mins of the server being up a village was captured? Within 5 mins of the server coming up there was 4 guilds already created.

People openly admitting to duping in global chat and people buying potatoes for 50g each in bulk.

As far as the hacking goes. Everyone that plays DFUW knows there are working hacks in the game. Hacks that let you teleport around and speed hacking something that is commonly used by several people in the game.

So you go ahead and keep telling yourself there are no dupes and hacks in the game. lol

[mod edit]

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

Originally posted by Thomas2006 You cant expect too much from a game that is loaded with hacks and Dupes.

You keep thinking that.. Answer me this. How did within 10 mins of the server being up a village was captured? Within 5 mins of the server coming up there was 4 guilds already created.

People openly admitting to duping in global chat and people buying potatoes for 50g each in bulk.

As far as the hacking goes. Everyone that plays DFUW knows there are working hacks in the game. Hacks that let you teleport around and speed hacking something that is commonly used by several people in the game.

So you go ahead and keep telling yourself there are no dupes and hacks in the game. lol

And just to keep the record straight. Its the EXACT same game engine as DF1. And anyone with half a brain knows DF1 had hacks and dupes. So take from that what you will.

I'm just glad that the $15 they where going to take they never did. So no loss on my end.

After a server restart (or in this case a new build) it isn't hard to send a few guys out to collect all of the freshly spawned chaos chests laying around. 

Especially if you have 100+ man guilds. 

As far as dominion goes, you need 1k for a hamlet, you get a few hundred for doing the tutorial + starting quests. Divide that by 10 and you get 30 - 50 dominion for what 10 minutes work? Again multiply by 100 if that's how many are in your zergling clan, and you can see how easy it is to get a holding almost immediately after server up.

Also, lag switching is nothing new to ANY game, but was addressed in the last patch. Too early to tell if it actually helped or not but it's very hard to tell the difference from someone intentionally lag switching vs someone with a crappy connection.

Hacks were addressed and taken care of in DF 1 and I'm sure they will be again in Unholy Wars when/if they get to be a problem.

They call it a beta for a reason.

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Forums are getting redone. They still running the old df1 boards. There is nothing else to it.
  • KalstarkKalstark Member Posts: 63
    Originally posted by JayFiveAlive

The forum message is exactly what you need to know... it's down for maintenance lol. What more details do you need?

hahahaha you cant help these people man they are a lost cause. 

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Lets stick a pin in this comment and wait until release when we can see how many unreported exploits the beta "testers" have found and concealed and the hacks players are currently developing and testing quietly are revealed.

It's the case in many new games, some players use "beta" to find exploits and develop other methods of cheating ready for release.

You can't really claim there are no hacks or dupes (read:exploits), all you can say for certain is there are none you have seen or the dev's have found yet.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• gchris7gchris7 Member Posts: 73

Its sad to see people hate and spread lies on games made by small indie companies. Yes Aventurine has many flaws as a company but atleast they are trying to do something different compared to all this crap mmorpgs out there.
    Obviously i can understand if the game is not your type, but why all the hate? You should be saving it for the AAA games...

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

The forums were the 1.0 forums.  They are remaking them into the unholy wars forums.  Whats the big deal?

I mean really having darkfall with all the 1.0 character plasterd on it, with its ancient layout and look, and lack of usable subforums was in desperate need of an overhaul.

Op is like a lot of extremely vocal angry vets.  They are mad that DFUW isnt going to be a zero progression, quake style FPS and will grasp onto every reason possible to bash the game.  Ironic thing is that these angry vets will still play, so all they are doing is hurting the game they are going to play. 

I mean there should be no shock with this development team given how 1.0 launch was, and im counting the years prior to launch when it was "ready to go anyday" ect.

Honestly the forums being down is a good thing, we can stop making poll after poll asking for them to make the game a no progression quake, hoping that one of the polls will actually show community support (which they never do) and stop making complaint threads related to the game being an RPG, since they are not going to change that.

Community of this game isnt too bad, its just this vocal minority of vets, who were trashing the game all through 1.0, who are being extremely noisy trying to get some revenge for not getting their way.  Their way was done in 1.0 and resulted in a ghost town, by the way...oddly enough they want 1.0 back, forgetting how it sucked with no players.

Maybe take another break, go make another stupid tasos head photoshopped on something...kinda creepy, i wonder if how large your tasos pic folder is....

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Originally posted by uidCaustic

You mean Tasos and AV are scamming money from hard working folks again?  That sucks, if only something like this happened before to give the masses an indication of how untrustworthy anything realated to Dark Fall is.

Oh, wait.  Déjà vu...

Why did you copy and paste that from the refund thread? How does the forums being down for scheduled maintenence mean they are scamming anyone? Your post was wrong in that thread as well as in this one.

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

Originally posted by karmath
    Forums are getting redone. They still running the old df1 boards. There is nothing else to it.

Why would they take the forums down right after releasing the biggest patch to date ? Rather hard to report issues being the forum was the conduit.

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

What these guys are still at large? I thought this game was dead a long time ago...So whats the mad, testosterone filled greek doing these days, other than shutting down the forums.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    Originally posted by Kalstark
    Originally posted by JayFiveAlive

hahahaha you cant help these people man they are a lost cause. 

lol, no joke. At first I was like wait are these guys kidding? but this thread just keeps on going...

Relax people, forums will be up tomorrow or the day after and you can report bugs then.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Originally posted by taus01

What these guys are still at large? I thought this game was dead a long time ago...So whats the mad, testosterone filled greek doing these days, other than shutting down the forums.

I guess you missed the whole Darkfall: Unholy Wars forum thing with the beta thing and release of a new game thing that has been in the news for months and has the game high on the hype meter.

Wether or not he game is good is another issue but I can continue the trend of ignorance too:

What people still play Guild Wars? I thought that game was dead a long time ago ... So what's those crazy Anet people doing these days?

You stay sassy!

• JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308

Actually got to play a relatively stable version of the game, couldn't give less fucks about the forum being down.

Only issue is I have to troll this ugly looking forum instead. 

Hi

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by karmath

Why would they take the forums down right after releasing the biggest patch to date ? Rather hard to report issues being the forum was the conduit.

Because the forums are 95% trolling, bullshit and whining.