Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1.7 INFO

ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Coming Soon

_________________________________________________________________________________________

GET READY TO HELP THE GREE- YOUR PROWESS WILL BE GREATLY REWARDED!

<p highlightsdescription"="">

Adventure with other Level 50 players or journey alone to assist the Gree in their continual pursuit of information. Those who are brave enough to help the Gree will be rewarded for their service. 

Events are available to Free-to-Play Players and Subscribers at no additional cost. 

NEW RECURRING EVENT: RELICS OF THE GREE

• Explore Ilum's contested area in the Western Ice Shelf to uncover the mysterious purpose of the Gray Secant, an enormous ancient Gree starship.
  • Get ready to face a powerful opponent that awaits you at the center of this ancient vessel.
  • Earn exclusive Gree technology, including highly-advanced weapon and armor!
  • Look for opportunities to join this recurring event throughout the rest of the year. More details to come!

NEW SYSTEM: GALACTIC REPUTATION

• Check out an all new exciting way to level up your character.
  • Advance through six ranks of increasing prestige: “Outsider”, "Newcomer", "Friend", "Hero", "Champion", and "Legend".
  • Earn Reputation Points by completing missions for allies such as the Gree and the Voss, or for military divisions within the Republic and the Empire.
  • Galactic Reputation is tied to your character’s Legacy, so enjoy earned Reputation Points and ranks across all characters in your Legacy!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Looking forward to this.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

Comments

• nukempronukempro Member Posts: 76

1.7 in a nutshell - PQ'S, CASH SHOP, REP GRINDS...OH MY!

EA is going to ask the wizard of OZ for a heart...

EA is also going to ask him for courage to innovate and not copy.

The Swtor playerbase is gonna ask for a brain. This needs to explanation.

• ShrewdDuckShrewdDuck Member UncommonPosts: 21

I think this is great. The game seems to be slowly heading in the right direction.

This will encourage more open world pvp as well.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

It sounds pretty good really , just hope you don't get flgged for PVP within that area on Ilum though. I will be still happy for PVP'ers though if that's the case. So it's an ongoing event and from the one screen shot it seems it will have at least 4 sections to gain "reputation" from. Might be a little grindy but at least it's something for poor ilum. I like the sound of the mobile imperial fleet too. It will give people something else to do before the cap goes up in a few months. That "Tron" looking armor seems pretty decent too.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    The faction thing (should that turn out to be what it is) is a good addition to the game. Not having additonal faction and its effects was a problem IMO.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

A little bit more info. but It might just be worded differently , here it is -

Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon to The Old Republic™, allowing players to experience brand new in-game content, including a limited time event and an exciting new way to progress your character.

• Explore the Planet Ilum to unveil a new Event, Relics of the Gree! A mysterious ancient Gree starship called “the Gray Secant” has appeared over Ilum’s Western Ice Shelf. Those who are brave enough will get the chance to help the Gree and face off against a powerful foe waiting in the heart of the Gree vessel. Republic and Imperial forces that finish this mission will earn exclusive Gree technology, including highly advanced weapon and armor appearances!
    • Advance your character with the new Galactic Reputation system! The Galactic Reputation system lets you earn Reputation points by completing missions for factions such as the Gree or the Voss, or for military divisions within the Republic and the Empire. This new system advances characters through six ranks of increasing prestige: “Outsider”, "Newcomer", "Friend", "Hero", "Champion", and "Legend". Galactic Reputation is also tied to a character’s Legacy, so Reputation points and ranks are shared across all the characters within the same Legacy!

Visit the Game Updates Page for additional information and screenshots of the content coming to Game Update 1.7. As always, you can stay connected with Star Wars: The Old Republic through FacebookTwitter, and YouTube.

Taken from the official site and has nothing to do with this site or myself.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    So it's basically the same stuff.. Dailies with a few new carrots to chase... Thanks but no thanks
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    This is an improvement from Illum 1.0 at least. Still not interested in more daily grinds even if it is for faction reputation.
  • defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469

we had the legacy levels, we reached 50 with no reason

i see the same with the galactic reputation

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Nice, Really excited for Expac coming, excited about this. I got too much to do in this game hehe. I'm all about more story and deeper character development.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by Elevenb4
    Nice, Really excited for Expac coming, excited about this. I got too much to do in this game hehe. I'm all about more story and deeper character development.

No kidding. I still got five other characters to level in this game for their class stories .I just figured out what role my three 50 level guys will be doing and still haven't finished all the end game stuff for them. Plus there is guild events to do every week. So much to do and so little time. :)

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937

Ick.

You can buy a cartel shop reputation bonus boost.

Note upper right corner.

• Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by ktanner3
    Originally posted by Elevenb4

No kidding. I still got five other characters to level in this game for their class stories .I just figured out what role my three 50 level guys will be doing and still haven't finished all the end game stuff for them. Plus there is guild events to do every week. So much to do and so little time. :)

Yeah no kidding. I"ve only played 3 of the stories to 50, Trooper, Consular and Sith Warrior. I just finished my Consular/Shadow yesterday. Next will either be a Jedi Knight or Bounty Hunter, probably Bounty Hunter since I just went through questing on the Republic side. I know many people didnt like the Consular, and it was a litle dull, but the end was good so it made up for it.

But yeah, so much to do.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

In reply to ability to buy reputation with cartel coins. I don't think anybody in right mind will do something like that. I much prefer to gain reputation by questing and spend my CC on cartel boxes /grin

I am very excited about 1.7. I love Ilum. The night sky in Ilum is the best I've ever seen in any game :)

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• pioneer08pioneer08 Member Posts: 76
    Originally posted by tiefighter25

Ick.You can buy a cartel shop reputation bonus boost.Note upper right corner.

Which f2p games does not sell rep bonus I swear some of these posters will complain about anything that has to do with swtor...think it's time to move on.
    Originally posted by pioneer08

Ick.

You can buy a cartel shop reputation bonus boost.

(pic clipped)

Note upper right corner.

Which f2p games does not sell rep bonus I swear some of these posters will complain about anything that has to do with swtor...think it's time to move on.

What does FTP have to do with anything? The game is Freemium. Endgame Reputation grind is aimed at the subscribers.

On top of your monthly subscription fee, Bioware is hoping people will buy real cash boosts to what I imagine is a tedious reputation grind a la WoW.

The reputation grind's reward is high end gear.  The game is drifting closer to Pay To Win.

I don't like it, Seven seems ambivalent, you seem beligerent about it.

*edit: highlighted spelling error.

Ick. You can buy a cartel shop reputation bonus boost. (pic clipped) Note upper right corner.

What does FTP have to do with anything? The game is Freemium. Endgame Reputation grind is aimed at the subscribers.

On top of your monthly subscription fee, Bioware is hoping people will buy real cash boosts to what I imagine is a tedious reputation grind a la WoW.

The reputation grind's reward is high end gear.  The game is drifting closer to Pay To Win.

I don't like it, Seven seems ambivalent, you seem beligerent about it.

Pay2win not even close. Belligerent (spelled correctly) ? I am not the one bashing a game I dont play on every post that pops up. You fit that definition not I.

Kudos on your spelling skillz.

Out of curiosity, how do you know I don't play the game?

On second thought, I don't really care about that, I'm more curious as how you don't see this as buying a competative advantage.

*Sorry if there are any spelling errors beforehand.

(*edit, caught one missed 1.5)

Originally posted by Robokapp

skillz.

competative

still two to go.

+2

Kudos on your spelling skillz.Out of curiosity, how do you know I don't play the game?On second thought, I don't really care about that, I'm more cuious as how you don't see this as buying a competative advantage.*Sorry if there are any spelling errors beforehand.

This site allows you to view a person post history. Not that hard to tell if someone plays a particular game or just bashed it cause they like to waste years of their life bashing a video game they dont play. As play 2 win as I see it would require you to buy top end gear that is better than anything else in game. Because you can buy a rep bonus (like every other f2p) does not make it p2w. You still need to play the game to get rep. A person that does rep bonus is not guaranteed to get there before someone that does not buy the bonus. Therefore this example of p2w us purely inaccurate. Please give another example of p2w in swtor.
    Apparently you could Just read my post history for more examples, although that could be construed as wasting your life.

Apparently you could Just read my post history for more examples, although that could be construed as wasting your life.

Well those would also be inaccurate examples so yes that would be wasting my time.
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

AoC, EQ2, LoTRo, DDO, RoM, AO, Atlantica Online, Vindictus...those are a few off the top of my head that comes without needing to actually think about it.

I swear some of these posters will defend anything that has to do with swtor...

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

Well those would also be inaccurate examples so yes that would be wasting my time.

Well next time you do your due diligence research into who plays the game and who's opinions are valid or not by going through post history, you could take notes and such on if there are any accurate points tucked in there. Kill two birds with one stone as it were. I thought I had a valid concern as to the future of the game, but apparently my opionion is invalid. So I guess enjoy the option to pay extra money to reduce the length of reputation grind.

Well next time you do your due diligence research into who plays the game and who's opinions are valid or not by going through post history, you could take notes and such on if there are any accurate points tucked in there. Kill two birds with one stone as it were. I thought I had a valid concern as to the future of the game, but apparently my opionion is invalid. So I guess enjoy the option to pay extra money to reduce the length of reputation grind.

Well i agree some will pay to reduce the time and that's their choice but all I was saying is that by no means =p2w.
  • Originally posted by BadOrb

It sounds pretty good really , just hope you don't get flgged for PVP within that area on Ilum though. I will be still happy for PVP'ers though if that's the case. So it's an ongoing event and from the one screen shot it seems it will have at least 4 sections to gain "reputation" from. Might be a little grindy but at least it's something for poor ilum. I like the sound of the mobile imperial fleet too. It will give people something else to do before the cap goes up in a few months. That "Tron" looking armor seems pretty decent too.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

i play on a pvp server so i dont know the answer to this, but do you get flagged automatically on pve servers when entering the ilum pvp area? because if so, then i think you probably will be auto flagged since thats where it is suppose to be.  one of the reasons they put it there is because they saw how the world bosses in outlaws den during the rakghoul event created pvp battles, and want to try and replicate that

as for the gear in the screens, i so want this for my trooper: