Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Opinion: Why WWIIOL is dead.

Comments

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by pittpete

Are you guys all the same poster?

You do realize that counting guys on TS doesnt tell you how many people are logged into the game at a certain time?

Also BTW ,

Pittpete     Joined: 6/04/10

depot12   Joined: 9/24/12

Please don't tell me  "You guys are coming over here"

Wise up.

Use your real WWII Onlinegame name's, what are you guys afraid of?

The only person who mentioned TS is stug.  My original game name is rendus, search that in CS&R and my other handles will come up as well.  But like my post above says, I'm out.

• swindlersswindlers Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by rendus
    Originally posted by rendus
    Originally posted by Stug
    Weird. Are you guys playing the same game as me? Is their a lowest pop server you spawn on so you can ignore what is.actually going on in the real servers? There was over 160+ on Ts alone last night,.let alone the private servers or those who don't even use Ts.

Don't really care who is on TS.  There were only 10 -15 people per AO last night on Axis.  It's not hard to read the names and total up the numbers.  Is the invisible infantry bug so bad I can't see half the playerbase?  I doubt it.  Now I'm sure those playing the airwar (and navy, lol) will add to the numbers, but I can't see those due to F2P restrictions.  This evening, let's set up a time and go online at the same time and count the bodies.

Rendus, how is crucifying this game going to help increase numbers if in fact you are telling the truth?

I guess discussing the player population is off the table, you know, for the good of the game.  I thought, maybe, we could have some interesting discussions about the direction of the game, and some solutions to get it out of the hole it's in.  But you guys won't even admit there is a hole, much less the game is in one. 

You're just here as agents for CRS marketing and as such will not say anything that can be construed as negative.  And with that, I'm out.

Keep beating the drum guys, good luck and Godspeed.    

Very well put.  I'll also leave it at that since this place is fast becoming the 2nd private forums of CRS.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Hodo my man, let me school ya a little bit

Im not new

I've played on and off since Feb. of 2003

I was there when the game was phenomenal

You don't have to tell me about the history of the game

The past is the past

We are in the future

The title of the thread is "Why WWIIOL is dead"

IMO and many others, it is not dead.

I posted there were 4 AO's yesterday 

If the title was "WWII Online is not as active as it used to be a few years ago" I would agree with you.

It is obvious that a lot of you down inside love the game still but just dislike DOC and XOOM.

It is totally evident by most of your posts.

I don't play for DOC or XOOM or any of the other creators/Devs.

I play for me,myself and I.

I hope you have learned something today.

School is out.

So you have been playing off and on since 2003.  Well replacement, you aint got nothing on me, DAY 1 here!   I was there on June 6th 2001, sitting behind my Celeron 333mhz computer at Ft Drum NY, while serving in the 10th MTN Division, also known as frozen hell on Earth.

I was there when there was one tree you could "clip" or climb up by laying prone next to it and moving sideways to the top.   I was there when night time was PITCH BLACK!    I was there when the German SMG fired backwards, and when the ATGs when pushed made this horrible grunting noise like they were "breeding" a sheep.    Yes I was there for all that and a bag of chips and the salsa too.  

So you are still "new" to me, when I can say I was there for the server up time of 45min and the 12 hour patch.  

Its nice you play for you, yourself and Irene.  

I would respect you less if you admited to playing for DOC or XOOM, again I dont know why everyone assumes I hate XOOM.   I barely remember him from the HC when it was founded, other than he had the stratigic skillset of a chimp.  

I learned you have confidence issues and you're trying to back the lack of experience up in game by trying to buck up to one of the few day 1 players left out there who still even LOOK at this game.  

I dont HATE WWIIOnline, I love the game, I just hate DOC, and believe the game would have been better off if he had left 6 years ago instead of so many others. 

3,053 2,355 1.30
    Total stats from the 7 years active that I played before that account was permabanned by DOC for sending a patition signed by every squad in the axis side,   To do some fixes to the tier 0 aircraft tables, on all sides.  

They banned me and fixed it after the FASTEST campaign in WWIIOL history.   Thanks to the "walkout" by the axis side during that period to show to CRS we were serious.

So much crap, so little quality.

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

Hodo, I'll let you in on a little secret.

I don't care for DOC either.

I think he's rude and treats some people like pure garbage.

I honestly wonder how many paying subs he drove away from the game over the years.

I'll probably catch crap for this but I wish he left also.

I'd take a Hatch and a Monty for 5 DOC's any day of the week.

I hope you understand mine and others positions though when we see people going way out of their way to bash the game.

Now if you started a thread about why DOC needs to wise up I couldn't argue that.....LOL

• RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207

I honestly wonder how many paying subs he drove away from the game over the years.

I hope you understand mine and others positions though when we see people going way out of their way to bash the game.

Now if you started a thread about why DOC needs to wise up I couldn't argue that.....LOL

Careful pittpete,  they may ban you for showing discontent for the devs here.....it has happened before.

Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)
  • wrath04wrath04 Member Posts: 89
    Originally posted by Hodo

Hodo my man, let me school ya a little bit

Im not new

I've played on and off since Feb. of 2003

I was there when the game was phenomenal

You don't have to tell me about the history of the game

The past is the past

We are in the future

The title of the thread is "Why WWIIOL is dead"

IMO and many others, it is not dead.

I posted there were 4 AO's yesterday 

If the title was "WWII Online is not as active as it used to be a few years ago" I would agree with you.

It is obvious that a lot of you down inside love the game still but just dislike DOC and XOOM.

It is totally evident by most of your posts.

I don't play for DOC or XOOM or any of the other creators/Devs.

I play for me,myself and I.

I hope you have learned something today.

School is out.

So you have been playing off and on since 2003.  Well replacement, you aint got nothing on me, DAY 1 here!   I was there on June 6th 2001, sitting behind my Celeron 333mhz computer at Ft Drum NY, while serving in the 10th MTN Division, also known as frozen hell on Earth.

I was there when there was one tree you could "clip" or climb up by laying prone next to it and moving sideways to the top.   I was there when night time was PITCH BLACK!    I was there when the German SMG fired backwards, and when the ATGs when pushed made this horrible grunting noise like they were "breeding" a sheep.    Yes I was there for all that and a bag of chips and the salsa too.  

So you are still "new" to me, when I can say I was there for the server up time of 45min and the 12 hour patch.  

Its nice you play for you, yourself and Irene.  

I would respect you less if you admited to playing for DOC or XOOM, again I dont know why everyone assumes I hate XOOM.   I barely remember him from the HC when it was founded, other than he had the stratigic skillset of a chimp.  

I learned you have confidence issues and you're trying to back the lack of experience up in game by trying to buck up to one of the few day 1 players left out there who still even LOOK at this game.  

I dont HATE WWIIOnline, I love the game, I just hate DOC, and believe the game would have been better off if he had left 6 years ago instead of so many others. 

3,053 2,355 1.30
    Total stats from the 7 years active that I played before that account was permabanned by DOC for sending a patition signed by every squad in the axis side,   To do some fixes to the tier 0 aircraft tables, on all sides.  

They banned me and fixed it after the FASTEST campaign in WWIIOL history.   Thanks to the "walkout" by the axis side during that period to show to CRS we were serious.

First, I'd like to say respectfully, I'm here on my own...as Just a long-time player of this game. To support it here as much as I can. Not for any other Hidden Reason...but for myself..selfish in a way ,yes. But serious.

I have a question bud, So why not just come back and play with the rest of us if you love the game so much? I read your post so I understand you say you're perma banned but there are ,as you know, ways around that, anyway... We would love to have you back .If Doc is the reason, when was the last time you were in-game and spoke at length to Doc? Probably never or very little right?

I been in this game since Oct 2001 and you know how many times I've talked to doc In-game? ...Never have..And that's Honest! Never have mate... I like Doc personally but I don't know him, and he's never effected my gameplay in the least bit negativly, but that's just me... There's a reason for this, I just play the game I enjoy. and have a damn good time.  My Expectations are no further than they have always been...I watch the forums and read about the cool things but I have never let my expectations get ahead of me, And I never feel like I need some kind of Vet Entitlement man... Just because I been here supporting the game(like you did), doesnt make me feel like I need something extra.

You were on for about what 64000 min(roughly) in game since Cs&R and who knows how much before that,even though I don't remember you being on much back then, I also didn't know everyone either, so I guess you could have..My point is, I played the game for as long as you and as far as in game min goes(as wrath04), Longer!  And I know better than to Expect things that are said to be comming down the road or that all bugs be fixed "soon", I believe you ,as a Vet, should've too. It's a business man, things happen, no matter what's said to who. Your Ideas, while cool, might not be do'able for whatever reason.

who knows? Really, I think what's between you and Devs, should stay between you and devs, and not become you vs. the players.IMO

My Main point is, if you love the game so much, why not put the 2008 Hate in the past and re-join us Players in supporting this game, for our sake maybe, that is if you care about us players and have ever cared about this game?  Why not? You don't need to talk to the people you have a problem with to play with us, and I think you would be suprised at the Vets that still play.

Or you may not, I don't know. 

I read your post and what stood out the most was you say, in a nutshell, you really cared for the game. This is why I cared to ask.... anyway, this is not a flame, or anything like that, just questions, I'm curious about you is all. 

!S

Originally posted by Rigamortis

Careful pittpete,  they may ban you for showing discontent for the devs here.....it has happened before.

:)

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    I'm here of my own back because people where exaggerating all sorts of bs about a perfectly good game for what it is, and that is something unique.

As to game being user? It ticks all my boxes. Is.it perfect? Of course not. But it is.way more effective than the way it was being bashed here so do excuse me if I correct you.

Everyone is.entitled to their own opinion, but don't make bull up that undermines an active community.

Ref Ts. Certainly not accurate a as more players than on Ts will be in game.
  • argelargel Member Posts: 34

It's interesting that in the eyes of axishatr, depot, rendus, rigamortis, Hodo etc a person can't actually come and defend the game for what it is without being seen as shilling for CRS. Instead of having a normal discussion, they get real personal about the devs and the motives of those of us who defend the game.

As I think wrath alluded to, Hodo seems really hurt that his suggestions weren't taken on, and lets face it, a dude who calls another guy 'new' because he played a game for 11 years over the other guy's 9 years is clearly the type of guy with a sense of entitlement when it comes to gaming. The issues are off the scale there.

The other people like axishatr, depot, rendus etc just seem desperate for the game to die, which is sad. What could honestly be so bad about it surviving and - try to absorb this - you not playing it? Seriously, get a grip, get a life and move on.

• mrcheapymrcheapy Member Posts: 56

most dont hate the game, they just hate seeing the direction it has been drug through. i assume most people here once did like the game, but after seeing the decline are rather disenfranchised. its not their job to sell the game to people, i like the game but all the people i've introduced to either can't run it , or can't understand it. there are problems to ww2ol that you can't even MENTION on playschool forums because it gets locked. 

Yup -wwiiol is for the thinking gamer cheapy. No two ways about it that, and that is certainly a strength in some ways.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

[quote] Originally posted by wrath04 [quote] <snip>quote] 

I still play off and on, on my alt account. I was on this past weekend, 4 AOs and around 100 people online. It was to say the least depressing.

Checked both Teamspeaks, and there were at most 20 people in the Axis TS when I checked and thats spread out over 30 different channels.

The lag issue is pretty bad also, I watched a few people rubberband around, one rifleman run off into the sky. Nice to see they havent fixed that yet. Then you have the I shot him, and 3 seconds later when the packet gets to my computer, I die, because he shot me.

And they still havent improved the flightmodel. It still feels like I am flying a poorly designed paper airplane balanced on the head of a pin. The random snap stalls and spins are stupid. Also they havent fixed the slats on the Bf109. They still pop in and out like they are spring loaded. Trueth is they are much like the flaps on the aircraft, they operate pretty deliberately, not suddenly.

This was tested and confirmed by several people back in 2003 at an air show with a surviving 109. But now I am nitpicking again.

So much crap, so little quality.

Originally posted by Hodo

[quote] Originally posted by wrath04 [quote] quote] 

I still play off and on, on my alt account. I was on this past weekend, 4 AOs and around 100 people online. It was to say the least depressing.

Checked both Teamspeaks, and there were at most 20 people in the Axis TS when I checked and thats spread out over 30 different channels.

The lag issue is pretty bad also, I watched a few people rubberband around, one rifleman run off into the sky. Nice to see they havent fixed that yet. Then you have the I shot him, and 3 seconds later when the packet gets to my computer, I die, because he shot me.

And they still havent improved the flightmodel. It still feels like I am flying a poorly designed paper airplane balanced on the head of a pin. The random snap stalls and spins are stupid. Also they havent fixed the slats on the Bf109. They still pop in and out like they are spring loaded. Trueth is they are much like the flaps on the aircraft, they operate pretty deliberately, not suddenly.

This was tested and confirmed by several people back in 2003 at an air show with a surviving 109. But now I am nitpicking again.

Whazzup Bro!

Yeah I wish more people were on too and that was most of the reason for me to come into the forum and try to speak up. I don't find it sad or anything like that because I see the pop picking back up slowly again imo...But for a while there I wasn't sure, and that was scary.

I just didn't feel good about sitting around watching people go. I have a healthy respect for even the most ardent haters here, to me, some of thier plight represents how I felt way back when some of the changes that I hated to see made took place. But at the same time I gotta be honest here by saying the Game is Still Great...I wouldn't waste my time on it if it wasn't. I Think I'm still a sensible person lol hell I don't know sometimes though :)

I play mostly Infantry so I'm not much of a pilot, lol That's the UNDERSTATEMENT of the world LOL  let's put it this way, they should code it to where I can't get within 1000m of a runway,I'm so bad lol. I've even unplugged my j/s to stamp-out any temptation!

No doubt there's alot of things that need worked on with the game, many have been mentioned already so i'm not gonna beat a dead horse listing any, but I think people should know that there's ALOT of GREAT things going in the game too.

I wish you vets that left for one reason or another could "bury the hatchet" and come back to the rest of us players you left behind. I think I speak for alot, if not most, when I say you guys are more needed now than ever.

I also would like to mention how COOL this community is. For example,Last night before I went FB busting with a new friend, there was a "green tag"(new player) asking how to use area chat, and what was an FRU, ect, In open channel...and almost instantly, 4 or 5 Vets spoke up and helped him out. This is not a revealation or anything, I see this kind of thing go on all the time. As well as the players who have the help channel tuned. To me ,it's this kind of thing that strengthens this community. And part of the reason I have GREAT HOPE, that this game will go on for years to come.

Damnit!  Just thinking about it makes me want to log in right now. But I have to wait a bit. Sorry for another wall of text man, but it had to be said. Look me up anytime in-game(wrath04) and we'll have some fun! as long as you do the flying:)

• axishatraxishatr Member UncommonPosts: 167

What you are seeing here, mmorpg subscribers is a company driven (orders by the pr staff) to come over here and defend thier dead game. 

You see, the pr guy came over and got his arse handed to him.  He got his threads deleted and locked.  Why?  Because he is terrible at what he does.

However, what he is good at is swinging his virtual "big club" to make people do things.  Thats why likes of company0 (a crs rep) is over here promoting a "positive" vibe for this game.  Yes, it takes an order to get people to come defend this pile.

What do we get overall?  You see the same 10 people defending the game.  It's the long time drones of this game that have more invested in it with money and TIME then most of the people carrying a crs tag these days.  You see the scared old timers in panic mode that the game is gone soon.  Another last ditch effort to save the dealer for their addiction.

I find it amusing that we see these "new" people posting but it always seems they have a full understanding of the current admin in game and the lingo used in that world.  New people that just joined know the full slang for a new game?  Come on....

Everyone see it for what it is.  A company using whatever means they can find (FREE) to help this game.  They've raised the real sub price.  They've tried to trick people into playing FTP and then complain they are baggage.  They are begging for people to pay $30 to keep the game running and have some hope to update it again in a year or so.  They cannot afford to hire anymore staff and have had to recycle another batch of volunteers to run the forums and day to day gaming world (FREE).  Now they contact their "High Command Staff" to come over here and pump glitter and rose scent into everyone.

Just stop crs.  In everyones eyes besides those that are addicts or employees (free or paid) you look like idiots and failures.  The more you claw, the more you highlight it.

You should have treated people better.  You should have just run your company without thinking you didn't have to answer to anyone because you are an internet gaming brand and rules don't apply to you as far as customer service and care.  Even at this bleak and ugly hour when you need everyone you can muster to come pay for your world.....your head pr guy is caught posting horrible nasty things about those free players.

You see, that is because that is whom they allow to run their company.  Those are the same people that turned me into an enemy of this game and its bugs, bias, and overpricing.  Yep, I need to move on....but thank that pr guy for making me what I am today. 

• Silky303Silky303 Member Posts: 134
    If you strip away all the bias, the personal hurt and grandstanding points scoring, you have a struggling game still much loved and enjoyed by its players and community

Yeah it has issues but hey, it's still the most gripping game out there, even if it doesn't quite realise its full potential

SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

"You see, that is because that is whom they allow to run their company.  Those are the same people that turned me into an enemy of this game and its bugs, bias, and overpricing.  Yep, I need to move on....but thank that pr guy for making me what I am today. "

And for anyone keeping up with these posts, there it is in a nutshell.

Most players don't hate the game, but rather have an agenda against an employe/employees.

This is like going to eat at a restaurant, then telling everyone that the food, owners and people who eat there all suck because the waiter was rude to you.

Seriously axishatr, get help :D It's worrying to see someone saying 'they made me an enemy of the game... they made me what I am today...' in such a weird way. This is why nobody takes you seriously and your comments are seen for what they are: biased lunacy.

Fwiw I'm not even subbed and I still defend the game. I don't feel that they owe me anything and I don't owe them, it's just a game I enjoy and when you see that, you don't like people characterising it as unenjoyable or gloating over it's downward trajectory.

Grow up son.

No its like paying top dollar for what was advertised as the best meal in town and having to pay for it in advance, sometimes for the whole year, and then when they serve you its cold crap from 1990s fast food menus.  When you complain they attack you and then throw you from the resturant and tell you it WAS good food because other hungry people are eating it. 

No wait, if that was a resturant, they'd be out of business by now.  You see, even the regulars would die from the food poisoning.

Originally posted by argel

Seriously axishatr, get help :D It's worrying to see someone saying 'they made me an enemy of the game... they made me what I am today...' in such a weird way. This is why nobody takes you seriously and your comments are seen for what they are: biased lunacy.

Fwiw I'm not even subbed and I still defend the game. I don't feel that they owe me anything and I don't owe them, it's just a game I enjoy and when you see that, you don't like people characterising it as unenjoyable or gloating over it's downward trajectory.

Grow up son.

You enjoy the game but are not subbed?

I understand...

Okay,  I understand the hate drum I've been beating on is growing to loud and the repetitive beat is starting to make people sick just like "Ganster in Paridise" did back in the 90's for me....

I am in the process of writing a background of my time with the game, the actual love I have for it, and how it was probably the biggest draws to gaming via a PC I've ever had.  Yes, this game was the fishizzle for me for 10 years.  I wasn't a day 1 player, but I was a day 2 player.

Stay tuned for a more controlled retrospect of this game, the direction, and why I am where I am now. 

I know they are trying....for that I do salute them. (most of them)

Yeah I'm unsubbed because I'm a historian who is studying for a PHD, don't have time really to commit to a game that is at it's best when you're playing without time constraints.

The last post is encouraging, don't become a parody, show us more of who you are and what you loved about the game and maybe people will understand you a little better.

Argel - what history?
  • Krieger1104Krieger1104 Member Posts: 1

This march I will have been here for offically one year.

Today I heard that dcoy was unsubbing....so is spear.....so !@#$

Sooooooooo........who wants to egg XOOMXOOM's house now?

• AbyssussAbyssuss Member Posts: 85
    82 second Spawn delay for Axis even though we were "low pop", games broken in so many ways
  • david06david06 Member Posts: 183

Originally posted by Abyssuss82 second Spawn delay for Axis even though we were "low pop", games broken in so many ways

Low pop as in the axis side was underpopulated, or low pop as in low total server population? Since spawn delay is determined by a ratio and there doesn't appear to be any reliance on total server numbers, high spawn delay during low server population has been a frequent problem for years.

A year or two ago I made a thread in the official forums about having 80 seconds or so of spawn delay during low pop, it should still be there if you search. Basically I was told that SD was necessary and that it saved the game, made it fair for the underpop side, etc. It's not going to change. CRS is stubborn and to be blunt there are some players who actually want the server to slow down, for town captures to cease during other time zones.

About the recent spawn delay problems...normally I would think that the lead producer of a game would be able to make a minor tweak without breaking the feature entirely, and that he would never change a game mechanic in order to force a loss for one of the teams. Unfortunately there are no such guarantees with DOC.

This discussion has been closed.