Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

can i complete inferno without using rmah

2»

Comments

• sadeyxsadeyx leicesterPosts: 1,553Member

using Real money in Diablo is merly an option, and probably not an option that many people even bother with, you need authenticators and secure paypal accounts and thats before you consider the tax.  Its a lot of faphing around.

So, the answer is yes, of course, you can easily completly inferno without using the Auction.  It just comes down to how much time you have available and how much time it will take for you to grow tired of farming.

In all honesty, there is no additional entertainment or fun to be got from using self found gear.  Not in softcore anyway.  you can pick up absoloutly amazing gear for peanuts.  There isnt much point in adding several weeks worth of farming time just to save a hundred k

What else are you going to do with your money? Craft?... not likley.

• sadWindssadWinds nocityPosts: 115Member
    My original intention wasn't to use the gold auction house anyways but since most of the rare are useless, i gave in to temptation and ended up buying a few nice legendaries in the GAH, nice thing bout it is i can have the gear with the stat i wanted lol. Anyways i have another set of question, is act 3 siegebreaker a good location to farm up lots of gold or are there better locations in other acts?

• SlukjanSlukjan Burlington, VTPosts: 254Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by sadWinds

hi guys, i jst dinged 60 on my wiz a couple of hours ago, completed hell and nw im doing inferno. I do not intend on using rmah or the gold auction house to buy gear, prefer do it the old school way by means of my own effort in game. I know this sounds stupid but how long will it take for me to get a good enough gear to hopefully complete inferno without any major problem?

Most of the time im joining a public game instead of single player mode and it brings me to another set of question, does solo have better loot drop than multiplayer or isit just the same?

I completed inferno without buying anything from either auction house.  I took several runs thru act 2 and act 3 on inferno before  I completed act 4.  I always joined a public game and I think I was largely able to complete the acts without much trouble because I had 1 or 2 uber players in the group that carried most of the weight.

• coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,934Member Uncommon

Completed Inferno in Hardcore mode last night. In HC, there is no RMAH.

OP's question answered :)

Waiting for L2 EU Classic

• zymurgeistzymurgeist Pittsville, VAPosts: 5,212Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by coretex666

Completed Inferno in Hardcore mode last night. In HC, there is no RMAH.

OP's question answered :)

Grats. I can't do HC. Not enough patience. Fools rush in where angels fear to tread and all that. image

"Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause" ~Victor Hugo

• nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 22,441Member
    Originally posted by sadeyx

using Real money in Diablo is merly an option, and probably not an option that many people even bother with, you need authenticators and secure paypal accounts and thats before you consider the tax.  Its a lot of faphing around.

So, the answer is yes, of course, you can easily completly inferno without using the Auction.  It just comes down to how much time you have available and how much time it will take for you to grow tired of farming.

In all honesty, there is no additional entertainment or fun to be got from using self found gear.  Not in softcore anyway.  you can pick up absoloutly amazing gear for peanuts.  There isnt much point in adding several weeks worth of farming time just to save a hundred k

What else are you going to do with your money? Craft?... not likley.

In fact, i found as much joy as selling an item for big bucks (gAH RMAH) or finding an affordable upgrade. When you get to the next upgrade is in the 100M gold (or roughly $25 range), it will take months before you find it in a drop.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 22,441Member
    Originally posted by sadWinds
    My original intention wasn't to use the gold auction house anyways but since most of the rare are useless, i gave in to temptation and ended up buying a few nice legendaries in the GAH, nice thing bout it is i can have the gear with the stat i wanted lol. Anyways i have another set of question, is act 3 siegebreaker a good location to farm up lots of gold or are there better locations in other acts?

Typically when i farm (gold & loot), i do MP6 act 3 .. but not siegebreaker. I don't find boss has any loot advantage. It is much easier just set the quest to the end of act 3, and then do crossing, bridge, stonefort (when u have 5NV for key), keep 1-3, crate 1-2, and sometimes i run some of the towers too.

The trick is to do the parts with high mob density. I use to run siegebreaker .. but don't find much reason to do so.

2»