Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You guys are sleeping. Alpha on Wednesday - french facebook

gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250

No activity here regarding official announcement on Neverwinter alpha on french facebook?

The alpha is starting on 16.01.2013

Check official forums for details.

It was announced this friday.

Comments

• manakanamanakana Member Posts: 75

I don't speak french. But I'm awake, don't worry.

Thanks for the heads up :)

• ChadiwickerChadiwicker Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Not sleeping.  Just skeptical.  ;)
  • ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Is it just me, or does it feel like this game should already be in advanced beta at this point given release date approximation?

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    If they are only starting alpha now, then the game is far less finished than we tought it would be.

Originally posted by Vrika
    If they are only starting alpha now, then the game is far less finished than we tought it would be.

Yeah this worrisome to me. I was hoping to play it by end of March.

Originally posted by ignore_me
    Is it just me, or does it feel like this game should already be in advanced beta at this point given release date approximation?

The official word about the release date for Neverwinter is "Early 2013" according to the Perfect World FAQ here.  Not sure what "early" means.  For me, that would mean no later than May.  Doesn't mean they won't push it back more.  I'd rather have a great game than see them release a disappointing version.

The Q1 release on MMORPG.com is not the official release information so take it with a grain of salt.

Rumors of alpha keys being given out to German and French players for alpha release on 1/16/13 started this morning in the Neverwinter forums at Perfect World.  No confirmation from devs or community managers yet on what that may or may not mean for North American players.

Originally posted by Chadiwicker
    Originally posted by ignore_me

The official word about the release date for Neverwinter is "Early 2013" according to the Perfect World FAQ here.  Not sure what "early" means.  For me, that would mean no later than May.  Doesn't mean they won't push it back more.  I'd rather have a great game than see them release a disappointing version.

The Q1 release on MMORPG.com is not the official release information so take it with a grain of salt.

Rumors of alpha keys being given out to German and French players for alpha release on 1/16/13 started this morning in the Neverwinter forums at Perfect World.  No confirmation from devs or community managers yet on what that may or may not mean for North American players.

Yeah youre right. This thing won't see light of day for a while. Oh well.

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250

p.s. It is not a rumor. Check official french neverwinter facebook page, "NeverwinterFR".

The PWE employees (community representative - employee of PWE on french forums) are the ones giving it out and posting that info.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by gillrmn

p.s. It is not a rumor. Check official french neverwinter facebook page, "NeverwinterFR".

The PWE employees (community representative - employee of PWE on french forums) are the ones giving it out and posting that info.

So is it available in anywhere else?

I can't read french.  Are you sure this isn't a ploy to get them to see a horrible bug infested game and have them run from it?  French, you know

Okay, so maybe confusion is a better word than rumor.  ;)  Lot's of questions about why alpha testing is being opened up to random people in France and Germany with no known corresponding option being given to North Americans (as far as is known).  There is confusion about whether it is alpha or beta.  I can't read French, so I'm being cautious until I read a dev or community manager announce it in North American Neverwinter forums.  image  Wasn't trying to imply to you were being misleading.  

Originally posted by kadepsyson

So is it available in anywhere else?

I can't read french.  Are you sure this isn't a ploy to get them to see a horrible bug infested game and have them run from it?  French, you know

What it says in french is (not very good with it but what all I know, they hadn't written tough words):-

First of all the PWE representative - "something like what CMtrailturtle is" (from other PWE games) on french forums made a post on how to redeem alpha keys and be ready for alpha. It also includes NDA and a link to it.

Next, on friday the official facebook(fr) [as advertised and linked from NW site] madea post saying alpha starts 16th Jan.

Then after an hour they asked a question on drow giving away 2 beta keys to those who answer correctly (lucky draw). The question was on drow.

Then today they asked "which race is made of stone and worships moradin?" or something like that giving away 3 alpha keys. [obvious answer is dwarf]

Today we are asking on official forums in english and there is an uproar, but all the dev team is mysteriously hiding with us getting hints "there is something good in store". Well in a few hours we get confirmation from devs directly I hope.

Okay, so maybe confusion is a better word than rumor.  ;)  Lot's of questions about why alpha testing is being opened up to random people in France and Germany with no known corresponding option being given to North Americans (as far as is known).  There is confusion about whether it is alpha or beta.  I can't read French, so I'm being cautious until I read a dev or community manager announce it in North American Neverwinter forums.  image  Wasn't trying to imply to you were being misleading.  

Yeah I am gonna run back to official forums too.

*Picks up his adventuring gear, tent, ropes and stuff - and puts it all in his inventory in pocket*

According to cmpinpointerror, a community manager at the North American Neverwinter site:

"You haven't been ignored. We'll run a similar contest for you to gain that elusive Neverwinter Alpha key! Stay tuned to this forum section for a giveaway announcement today."

and

"Any official Beta news and/or giveaways will be on our web site."

Looks like more news will be coming...  :)

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

According to cmpinpointerror, a community manager at the North American Neverwinter site:

"You haven't been ignored. We'll run a similar contest for you to gain that elusive Neverwinter Alpha key! Stay tuned to this forum section for a giveaway announcement today."

and

"Any official Beta news and/or giveaways will be on our web site."

Looks like more news will be coming...  :)

And the giveaway is up!  Log onto the forum now to get an alpha key.

I know I want one, but for everyone who gets one, try to be professional and spend more time looking for bugs, glitches, errors, etc. than anything else.  We need people to criticize the game and find stuff wrong with it more than anything else.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516

Exactly. The beta should have begun, according to their original plans, in December - and they are still in Alpha. 

This means that we won't likely see the game released before April/May, or even later.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

Originally posted by XAleX360

Exactly. The beta should have begun, according to their original plans, in December - and they are still in Alpha. 

This means that we won't likely see the game released before April/May, or even later.

Even if Alpha began in say, hypothetically, in October or september last year, you won't know because there is NDA.

So you see, you are assuming a lot there.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Even if Alpha began in say, hypothetically, in October or september last year, you won't know because there is NDA.

I kinda want to agree with you, but his fear is kinda warranted.  There was a Lime Odyssey alpha mid-last year (or was it two years ago), and we have not heard any since, not even a site update on the current status of the game.  It has been almost a year since the Lime Odyssey alpha, and no word on when the beta is.  Like Neverwinter, Lime Odyssey was still in development at the time of the alpha and not a game that was released overseas and translated for english audiences, so it is not unreasonable to assume the same could happen with Neverwinter.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

Ok. Truthseeker the forum mod confirmed that alpha "has been on longer for 2 days"

He won't say when due to NDA. It is good taht those guys take NDA seriously. For all we know alpha could have been going on for a year behind our backs and people talking normally to us might be testing it!

Nice to see NDA being followed seriously for a change.

Originally posted by MadDemon64

I kinda want to agree with you, but his fear is kinda warranted.  There was a Lime Odyssey alpha mid-last year (or was it two years ago), and we have not heard any since, not even a site update on the current status of the game.  It has been almost a year since the Lime Odyssey alpha, and no word on when the beta is.  Like Neverwinter, Lime Odyssey was still in development at the time of the alpha and not a game that was released overseas and translated for english audiences, so it is not unreasonable to assume the same could happen with Neverwinter.

Exactly, I completely agree. But I was not being sarcastic or putting anyone down - just pointing out something I felt.

And it was confirmed as I just post above (ninjaed  :D )

But it seems that alpha has come to final stages that company has started talking about it.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Exactly, also alphas are generally done by in house paid testers, not the public.

Chances are this is just a French localisation alpha.

Games magazines (PC Gamer) have already started Neverwinter beta promotions, so I doubt beta for the English client is more than a month away.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    If this is a new stage and not localisation, then it chaps my hide a bit, being someone who preordered TL2 for the Neverwinter beta.  I feel like they are stalling to let us in.
    Originally posted by evilastro

Exactly, also alphas are generally done by in house paid testers, not the public.

Games magazines (PC Gamer) have already started Neverwinter beta promotions, so I doubt beta for the English client is more than a month away.

Actually, they agreed its an alpha. Head to official en forums to register for a chance at 2 alpha keys. 1100+ people have already post for it - the forgotten forums have a stampede!

But it does seem alpha is in final stages and beta is less than month away.

Originally posted by adam_nox
    If this is a new stage and not localisation, then it chaps my hide a bit, being someone who preordered TL2 for the Neverwinter beta.  I feel like they are stalling to let us in.

They never ever promised you day 1 access remember?

They specifically said you may only get a chance to be in close beta in final phase.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by evilastro

Actually, they agreed its an alpha. Head to official en forums to register for a chance at 2 alpha keys. 1100+ people have already post for it - the forgotten forums have a stampede!

But it does seem alpha is in final stages and beta is less than month away.

Yeah thats what I was getting at sorry, people seem to think that it has only just entered Alpha, which I doubt looking at the state of the game from expos. I think beta will be just around the corner. Don't think we will get more than 5 classes to start with, being F2P I think they will be selling the other classes and releasing them regularly.

• wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172
    Seeing as how the public use "beta" as "free demo" is it any wonder companies start using "alpha" in place of beta. I don't know, maybe they just want some testing to happen?