Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So for an Expansion: What new PvE features would you like added to the game?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

For an expansion for GW2, what new PvE feature would you like to see added to the game?

1)Ships

For me, I cant help but want a Ship of my own to drive around in and do whatever I want with. With all the Water in the game, I want to cruise in a ship and battle monsters with my ship and search for underwater treasure.

Also would not mind Air ships that fly instead of float in water. But Still want a large age to explore in my ship, and things to do with my ship.
Also different ship models and types and ways to customize the ship to be different and function different from others.

2)Raid Instances

also I know somebody going to request it, but how about Raid Dungeons for Large Instance PvE for the PvE Guilds. I miss raiding dungeons. But want to try it with the GW2 role system and gameplay. the Events simply cant do that, similar to how the events cant replace party dungeons in GW2.

3)Player Made Events

What if players could control the monsters and invasions like a RTS game or something?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

1) Ships - I don't want my own ship, possibly a guild one tho. A place to meet a method of transport for free. Guild Instance?

2) Dungeons with puzzles. Not enough of those really.

3) Personal Dungeons. Every game has had to learn this lesson, dungeons with a max of 3 people min of 1 that scales. (and I only say this because of the stupid new focus on Fractals in case they don't get smart and return to a more open world focus)

4) Lot's more Metas!

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

I don't think PvE needs many new features. The features are already there, they just need to improve the way those features are used. Things like Guild Halls should be free updates.

Make DEs more global and complicated. Let players build stuff like they can in WvW. Let DEs affect areas on a more global scale. Make tough, interesting open world bosses with varied mechanics. Improve content scaling. Give normal mobs interesting skills. Make dungeons as large and open-ended as they were in EotN.

One can hope a part of that will come in the Jan/Feb updates, but an expansion pack full of well-done improvements could make this game a veru different experience. Of course, it would need to have quantitative improvements, too.

• trenshodtrenshod Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Ships would be odd or anything flying for that matter, seeing each and ever zone is its on instance. Having to zone into a zone takes away from a world that is truly expansive. First MMO that I played that had this was Warhammer Online and it really killed the game for me.
  • IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    PvE/WvW with vehicle combat.

A reward system that actually rewards players for completing challenging content. The rewards should be much greater than rewards from hours mindless grind. Give players a sense of player progression.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

Deep skill system that isn't locked to weapon types.

I gave up on dungeons early so i can't really criticize them too much.  I just hated my experience of pugging the level 30 dungeon and rez zerging one of the bosses.  The game needed doors to prevent that.  I think if I enjoyed the combat more I may have enjoyed dungeons more.  But frankly, I learned that I just like to pew pew stuff after burning out on tanking a long time ago.  GW2 felt more like a chore to me.

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 621

Collections: I know in many MMOs thats the only sense of exploration you actually get. Running around, looking for shiny things to grab and add to a collection. And The rewards can be simple like just money, xp or Karma. Or even appearance gear, for some harder ones, since the game focuses on skins. Maybe even housing items when housing is put in. Ive spent so many hours in Eq2 running around collecting shinies, and even played FreeRealms just for the collections alone, since the game is actually made for children.

Housing: mentioned above, but I guess this is more a full system, not just a PVE feature. But I cant wait to see what they do with it. I know so many people that do nothing in other MMOs but decorate houses. Most pay subscriptions purely to sit and decorate, while chatting with guildies / server. Hopefully this will add something to crafting as well, since Ive always enjoyed the idea of doing my own carpentry to decorate the house with.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Ships in various sizes this goes hand in hand with high seas adventure.

Housing with a free decoration tool very much like in EQ2.

Those 30+ mini games that were promised.

More complex DE with more outcome.

More elaborate Puzzle/trap dungeons.

More weapons such as 2 hand axe, flail, 2 hand mace,polearms.

Rewamp Orr.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

- More zones that require jumping not only restricted to puzzles.

- A rehaul or some new dungeons where you have puzzles to solve to progress not fight "elite" monsters then you reach a boss xinfinity which is boring and overused.

- More weapon skills.

- Better rewards for champions in the maps.

- Ability to dye weapon colour effects or parts of them.

- More puzzles.

- Hard challenges.

- Harsher penalties when a dynamic event is failed.

- Better drops in dungeons.

And last

- FIX THAT F*CKING ARAH GATE EVENT ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

Departure from dungeon focus altogether and focus on open world.

Housing

Ships would be nice.

More elaborate events. Possibly weekly "grand events" on wekends that would effect a zone for whole week (min 3 outcomes).

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

I don't necessarily need new features, it would be good enough if the basic features would work.

1. What about they would add the once promised dynamic events that "have an impact on the world"? instead of infinite loops of the same 2-3 stages incl. reseting them.

"In Guild Wars 2, your actions really matter and your choices have an impact on the world around you. Instead of static, boring quests in an unchanging world, our dynamic event system creates a living, breathing world that bustles with energy and responds to player actions."

2. "No matter how you like to play, you’ll find a profession that fits your style.". I miss my healer.

3. " The risks are immense but the rewards are great for those who brave the hazards of the dungeons of Tyria." -except there aren't any rewards. Fix the damn loot tables already and get rid of DR -and Christin Cox.

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    underground mining with chance of finding rare metals/gems with better stats
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362

Love GW2! Awesome game!

If they were to add something I would love ground mounts of some kind. I know not really needed but it's a small cosmetic thing I would like.

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

* A new Server Type, with horizontal progression, and the stats of new items stay the same.
    Seperated from the WvW "Vertical progression" Servers pool.

* "A dedicated team" to fixing all shallow implemented features, creating better scaling DEs and more landscape to explore with epic events like the whole island get's flooded while you stand on it because you failed the DE and now you are fighting sea monsters rather than moas.

* Pole Weapons added to various classes (Halbert, Lance, Staff).

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    except the basics ( maps, story, hearths ) i would like at least 1 more class or race, because i see a lot of potential on the combat with more weapons added.

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by Varthander

except the basics ( maps, story, hearths ) i would like at least 1 more class or race, because i see a lot of potential on the combat with more weapons added.

I am not sure about that, from experience (GW1) ANet is pretty bad at keeping balance when new skills are added. Instead I'd like to see Elites to be fleshed out and unique and utility skills to affect weapon skills or the other way around to add to customization and different playstyles. Usually you are stuck with one weapon and armor set for a specific weapon, if you want to min/max. I'd prefer something like LoL/DotA's weapons system to be integrated. Currently there is much more character progression found in these games than in GW2. Remember that it takes much longer to get the best-in-slot (ascended) gear for a specific role in GW2 than in all mobas together.