Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera Armor Activaition

chiller963chiller963 Member UncommonPosts: 7
So I have been trying to play some tera since its going F2P soon, but the account armor is saying im logging in from an unknown device. The code is sent to my email and i then input the code, yes very simple. except for I am not getting any emails from them. The support site needs me to log in so i can submit a ticket, chat with a emplyee and everything else. BUT I CANT FUCKING LOG IN! I dont see a special email or phone number i can use either. I would love for some help.

Comments

• cchow4cchow4 Member Posts: 8
    Its a bug they've been having. should be fixed by now. i just got my armor
  • Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

8am tried today, asked for the armor, and the code was never sent to my email.

tried again.

tried a third time.

waited an hour, tried again. nope.

If they can't get the login to work...really?

They expect people to buy the game...really?

• HawthornHawthorn Member UncommonPosts: 43

Sorry nephew pasted while I was AFK for a minute.  Try making a new account and going through the forums to try and get your old account back.

Originally posted by Hawthorn

Have you tried:

Live Account, Billing, and Technical Support representatives are available to assist you with your questions and concerns.

Hours:
    6AM - 5PM Pacific Time (GMT -8), Monday-Friday.

USA

1-877-70-TRION (87466)

United Kingdom

0800-2795224

Canada

877-70-TRION (87466)

Australia

(02) 8307-5294

Croatia

(3851) 884-8693

Cyprus

(3572) 200-7805

Czech Republic

(420) 228 882 699

Denmark

(45) 8988-1043

Finland

(35893) 158-4304

France

0805-110264

Germany

0800-7088800

Greece

(30211) 198-2668

Hungary

(361) 700-8683

Iceland

1-519-568-5217

Ireland

(3531) 697-2752

Israel

(9723) 935-0619

Italy

(39066) 220-7178

Malta

(3562) 778-0651

Norway

(472) 104-9619

Poland

(4822) 307-0764

Portugal

(35130) 880-1732

Romania

Slovenia

(3868) 288-0603

Spain

(3490) 166-7544

Sweden

0200-883165

Switzerland

+41-(0)22-518-00-95

The Netherlands

0800-0234736

Rest of the World

1-519-568-5222

International Charges May Apply

Umm, Trion?....really?

I'll say I have been to TERA's CS site, and it's 24/7 support, but you need to log in from their site, with an armor code.

They have live chat support, same deal, hours are 11am-8pm pst

Pretty sure the support you listed is not for this game, if it is, my apologies, and then my opinion of Trion (Rift) goes to the crapper.

Sorry nephew pasted while I was AFK for a minute.  Try making a new account and going through the forums to try and get your old account back.

I would, but I have this insanely strong feeling that if a company can't get the login to work in the game, I don't want to give them money to find out what else they can't do right.

But I will warn others about it.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

Sorry nephew pasted while I was AFK for a minute.  

I hate it when that happens.  My nephew sent a bunch of drunk texts from my phone last Friday night and somehow photoshopped a picture of me bumping and grinding with a Ronald McDonald statue and posted it on my Facebook.  Kids these days. What nerve.

As far as the OP, I believe this may have been a bug.  Keep in mind that Account Armor is designed to protect your account from bad people, and this is a good thing.  Creating another account will give you a chance to let them know what happened.  It's a strange hoop, but I've heard that it does work.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Rider071

Have you tried:

...snip...

All those numbers are for TRION not tera - tera no longer offers phone support.

How can anybody confuse Trion and Tera? They both star with T? Sheesh....

He edited that post.  His nephew snuck in and posted on his account.  

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• dooNzdooNz Member UncommonPosts: 3
    The armor code is a bit buggy. I tried logging into my account friday night and it said I needed and armor code. Same deal, it was never sent. However around 2pm yesterday I did get the codes (Like 11 of them considering I kept trying to resend the code). Fear not, it will be sent but if it's anything like my situation it could take upto 14 hours.
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

I PM'd GM Minea about the problem, showing her the threads that have been popping up here and elsewhere and she made a topic about it for everyone.

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/Email-and-Purchase-Delays

Basically states there's delays for certain things and that they are looking into rectifying it.

• r3volt21r3volt21 Member UncommonPosts: 97
    also if u need to contact customer support but cant log in (I had similar prob when swapped isp and lost e-mail), you can make a new account and chat with a gm they will do an id check and sort it out for you.  Tera customer support was very fast 1 min wait time to talk to a gm and they went out of their way to sort out my problem.
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

I PM'd GM Minea about the problem, showing her the threads that have been popping up here and elsewhere and she made a topic about it for everyone.

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/Email-and-Purchase-Delays

Basically states there's delays for certain things and that they are looking into rectifying it.

I was asleep, but the time stamp on the post at en masse is the same as the 20 or so armor codes that arrived in my email, lol.

Good to know they are responding, hopefully a fix is quick in coming, as I would like to support the game.

The folks saying, 'talk to a GM on another account', I hear ya, but it's a no-go for me personally. I can't give money to a game that you can't log into, and I honestly don't think that's an unfair statement.

• cchow4cchow4 Member Posts: 8

try emailing [email protected]

i got my account armor as soon as i did

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

The folks saying, 'talk to a GM on another account', I hear ya, but it's a no-go for me personally. I can't give money to a game that you can't log into, and I honestly don't think that's an unfair statement.

I can understand that but I have to say that En Masse is actually really decent. They are one of the few companies that I have any faith in. At least when it comes to being earnest and genuine about their product and relationship with their clients.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Well the email system works, but now the game doesn't read DirectX correctly. 3 fresh installs, oh well.

So yeah, another bug with manifest not being able to download.

Did find a bug fix for it, select the launch icon of your choice and make sure all users have 'full control' when launching the game. running as admin doesn't make it passed the bug, you need to change the launch icon's properties.

I guess it's just coincidence they were plagued by these bugs when they announced their f2p launch, but, yeah bad timing and bad luck. hope the info helps those that made it this far.

Originally posted by hiccups

WOW I have neer heard so much whining about a F2P move as much as ....AION... All the aion crew left at F2P pointing fingers at every little personal problem at a F2P announcement (so funny it is not even launched as F2P but yet the world is over already). 

1) Transaction issues plague everymmorpg ever created. No one escapes it. It is a heavy used system offered usually by third party payment systems...hell, I cant even pay with my credit card at Wal Mart sometimes because the networks so used...So just be patient, report, change your diaper.

2) This other guys client manifest boo hoo poo problem... That is called WNDOWS protection changes. Nothing to do with a F2P model. I have had that issue with every online program I have run since 2012... you also can fix it by right clicking the folders, PROPERTIES - SECURITY - and give full control permissions to all users there. All games and programs in that folder and branch work after that...

LOL So lame. I hope so many whiners leave and the new F2P crowd makes this title shine like AION US :-)

1. Insults beget flames, be prepared, little boy.

2. Their forums are flooded with 100s of folk having the same bugs in the same order.

Well we (as in 100s of people on the forums there) have done fixes and followed advice, I have gotten through to 99% of the download so far, and ended up with a new bug, now:

'unable to open metafile'

Here's some food for thought, I play almost every MMO under the sun on 3 comps and none of them can get this latest build of Tera to work. Though it did work in the beta. Not sure what they did, they are stating there are problems, and yes 100s of folk are screaming (nicely) on their boards about how they cannot download or login, same bugs. 1 thread is 46 pages long and grows 2pgs per hour.

So whining? no. Telling people to not waste their time until the issues are fixed, more likely.

And furthermore, it's not f2p yet, those of us trying to log in and play are either trying it out, and/or wanting to  purchase and support the game (become founders). but as it stands, neither can be accomplished.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Sovrath

I can understand that but I have to say that En Masse is actually really decent. They are one of the few companies that I have any faith in. At least when it comes to being earnest and genuine about their product and relationship with their clients.

Sovrath, have you been having the "unable to download manifest/metafile" problem?  I've tried the fixes in the FAQ, and managed to get in once, but none of them are working for me now.  Looking at the sticky in the general forum, it seems that a lot of people are running into it.  This isn't making a favorable impression on a lot of returning/new people I'm betting.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
    Originally posted by Wraithone
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Sovrath, have you been having the "unable to download manifest/metafile" problem?  I've tried the fixes in the FAQ, and managed to get in once, but none of them are working for me now.  Looking at the sticky in the general forum, it seems that a lot of people are running into it.  This isn't making a favorable impression on a lot of returning/new people I'm betting.

So I think i had encountered every bug in the series, hoping not to find anymore...but...

I'm in the game, and once in, it runs pretty smooth.

The last trick to get in i can offer is to leave the launcher up and go to sleep. I had a ton of no downloads because of bad sources etc... but when I woke up the game had finished and 'PLAY' was highlighted. only took 2.5 days, but hey, it's working.

Just bad luck/coincidence all this broke when they released the news about their upcoming f2p move.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Good news Rider.

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/news-announcements/topics/Were-Adding-Game-Time-to-Your-Account

Looks like you haven't really lost any play time.

Originally posted by Pivotelite

Good news Rider.

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/news-announcements/topics/Were-Adding-Game-Time-to-Your-Account

Looks like you haven't really lost any play time.

aye, was about to come and post this. it's nice to see the company do this, but as I type this...we can't log into the game again.

Same problem is occurring all over again, 'unable to download manifest'

sigh.

they have responded about this new problem, the common fix (working) is to go into the games launcher cache in Appdata/local/tera and delete the contents.

game launches after that.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

they have responded about this new problem, the common fix (working) is to go into the games launcher cache in Appdata/local/tera and delete the contents.

game launches after that.

Good to know,  I had the error when i launched it this morning but I just restarted it and it was fine.  I'm worried it might crop up on me again,  if it does i'll do what you suggest.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...