Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top 5 PvP games worth playing in 2013 video

BabySaamBabySaam Member Posts: 9
Doesn't matter if you disagree with this list, but the top 3 games seem pretty fun  [mod edit -removed link] please help spread the video, some of these small pvp games are pretty unknown

Comments

• marsh12marsh12 Member Posts: 1
    i liek this topic its good........
  • WahrHeitWahrHeit Member UncommonPosts: 57

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Just saw the video was made by Chuck Norris...hope I don't run into him in any of those games.
  • ThePvPGuyThePvPGuy Member Posts: 5

Wow thanks for posting :D

I tried BLC and almost gave up, it's hard, but I kept practicing and it's hands down the best PvP experience I've ever had :)

If anyone need tips write here. first I ran around like a noob, but remember to read the abilities before you fight.

I used to play WoW arena, so this is perfect for me!

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

lol what a shite list

GW2 which is A inferior to GW1 at small scale pvp and B inferior to DAOC, both planetsides and maybe even WAR at RVR

WOW which has the shittiest PVP ever, and went on to spawn a bunch of equally shite at PVP clones.

and 3 MOBAs, non of which is DOTA 2, which will be the MOBA of 2013

anyway top 5 MMOs for PVP in 2013 will be

EVE - STILL

planetside 2

darkfall UW

DAOC - STILL

TESO OR GW2

That is the list they chose, you don't have to agree, but why are you mad thinking your own opinion is the right list? they tested mechanics and stuff, how fair the games were, and grinding items to be better is not a good pvp element.
  • C.L.O.U.DC.L.O.U.D Member UncommonPosts: 365
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

lol what a shite list

GW2 which is A inferior to GW1 at small scale pvp and B inferior to DAOC, both planetsides and maybe even WAR at RVR

WOW which has the shittiest PVP ever, and went on to spawn a bunch of equally shite at PVP clones.

EVE - STILL

planetside 2

darkfall UW

DAOC - STILL

TESO OR GW2

That's why WoW went from being known for PVE to being known for PVP. Sorry but if you think that WoW has shit PVP you are just a daft person. Though not as good as it use to be with all the Talent changes, the PVP from WoW set the standard of what player vs. player should be like in MMO's. 

No wow always had and always will have shit pvp.

It also populised the trend for ghettoing pvp off in crappy little ctf mini games, gear and fotm spec being more important than skill and tactics and stupid bullshit like special pvp stats.

Wow is the father of all that is shite in modern mmo pvp. Wow killed mmo pvp. Wow is a raid grinder governed by a bunch of ex EQ raiders with token, tacked on sorry arsed "this will do" pvp. Wow is to mmo pvp what Simon cowell is to popular beat music.
  • BabySaamBabySaam Member Posts: 9

Shaky your opinion is subjective. This is not a thing to argue (even though it's fun, because everyone will have different opinions).

BLC has without doubt the best gameplay for PvP with its all Skillshots mechanics (if you look at it technically). Too bad it's going bad for Funcom atm because TSW failed income wise, they could have spent their money on BLC advertisement instead. I'm happy this is #1 on the list they made, so more people will notice it for how good it actually is.

I guess some people are satisfied by buying items that will help you dominate your enemy, while a few are only satisfied with having the same level of stats as their enemies and dominating because they're actually good at the game. (BLC being the last)

My opinion has more grounding in reality than "the pvp in wow set the standard of what pvp should be like in mmos"

Well it did set a standard as seen in games like rift and swtor. A standard for fobbing pvpers off with a few crappy mini games so you can put a "got pvp" check on the game box / marketing blurb.
    Oh I'm not disputing MOBA like dota2, bloodline and lol can't do pvp well. But they ain't mmos.

But wow, well that's just tragic, if anyone thinks wow has the best mmo pvp ever, I mean its not even the focus of the game, they maybe put 5% of their resources into pvp.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    My opinion has more grounding in reality than "the pvp in wow set the standard of what pvp should be like in mmos"

Well it did set a standard as seen in games like rift and swtor. A standard for fobbing pvpers off with a few crappy mini games so you can put a "got pvp" check on the game box / marketing blurb.

Again that is YOUR opinion. Saying someone's opinion is not grounded in reality is like say your opinion is the the bible of gaming - sorry it is just your opinion. When you start making it sound like your opinion is right and everyone has cuckoo  opinions, there is no room for objective discussion any more.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

lol what a shite list

EVE - STILL

planetside 2

darkfall UW

DAOC - STILL

TESO OR GW2

sigh...

I think he's looking at esport for this. BTW I don't agree with the list either.

• DarrgenDarrgen Member UncommonPosts: 65

While WoW pvp is good for some people. It in no way set the standard. It actually did much of the opposite. I will admit I played a lot of WoW pvp but that was mainly because it was the only choice.  The battlegrounds in WoW were some of the worst implementations of pvp ever imagined, but because it was quick and easy to jump into every game thereafter copied one of the worst parts of WoW's pvp. I'm not hating on WoW pvp either just to hate because I played to gladiator many seasons and achieved warlord in vanilla.

What really needs to happen is people need to copy the way DaoC did their battlegrounds. It was a persistant place with no cap on players with a keep in the middle. You zoned into your faction's keep that was a safezone for your faction and that's where people usually formed groups. it was level restricted to keeps things slightly even. There was meaning to those battlegrounds and they never ended which was nice. the objective was to capture the keep in the middle but when you captured it it quickly became a game of defending it for your realm. Instead of gear you were competing for like 95% of games pvp objectives. You were competing for Realm points that stayed with you character forever regardless of gear. These points bought new abilities or passive stats for you character and was a much better progression system than the gear progression.

• calranthecalranthe Member UncommonPosts: 359

EVE, M59 and UO were I believe the only true pvp games (preceded by muds) because those are the only ones where actual loss and cost came into it, most of the rest are just "playing" at pvp.

Never seen the point of a pvp game where you respawn 5 seconds later and no loss or long term consequence for being stupid enough to die

• DarrgenDarrgen Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Well thats not really true. You lose rank in wow arena rather than loot or time. Loss can be done many different ways rather than what youre talking about.
  • calranthecalranthe Member UncommonPosts: 359
    Originally posted by Darrgen
    Well thats not really true. You lose rank in wow arena rather than loot or time. Loss can be done many different ways rather than what youre talking about.

Okay talk to me when you can actual relate to it, in m59 your levels were your hitpoints 50 was max each time you died not only could people take everything on you but you lost one of those hp.

EVE that ship you fit out with hard earned money, it is gone

UO well UO was anything could be lost.

Each of those three and muds before them had consequences, you stepped up to pvp you risked your equipment, ship, money etc.

I hear about these ranks etc and scores must be nice to be able to pvp and the worse to happen is you drop a rank or get res sickness.

To me it is all kindergarden stuff because at no point when you step into the arena are you risking real in game loss.

Yes I did try these modern versions of pvp but they all seem so detatched and superficial only eve comes anywhere close to that class of pvp.

• BabySaamBabySaam Member Posts: 9
    Maybe this was the wrong place to post it, it looks like most of you don't care much for balance (esports-ish PvP), but prefer the mmo-style pvp where you can grind items to improve your stats or where you have more PvE elements in PvP.
  • Jixen9Jixen9 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Originally posted by calranthe
    Originally posted by Darrgen

Okay talk to me when you can actual relate to it, in m59 your levels were your hitpoints 50 was max each time you died not only could people take everything on you but you lost one of those hp.

EVE that ship you fit out with hard earned money, it is gone

UO well UO was anything could be lost.

Each of those three and muds before them had consequences, you stepped up to pvp you risked your equipment, ship, money etc.

I hear about these ranks etc and scores must be nice to be able to pvp and the worse to happen is you drop a rank or get res sickness.

To me it is all kindergarden stuff because at no point when you step into the arena are you risking real in game loss.

Yes I did try these modern versions of pvp but they all seem so detatched and superficial only eve comes anywhere close to that class of pvp.

Agreed.

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by C.L.O.U.D
     WoW set the standard of what player vs. player should be like in MMO's. 

Only for the worse pvpers known to man.

Speaking of you calling others daft you just won that title.

I wrote a message to them and they're going to make a top 5 MOBA list. Also they got their hands on a bunch of Dota2 keys so they can test that out now.
  • XsonicXsonic Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Each one with his own opinion I guess.
  • ibn_Cartwellibn_Cartwell Member Posts: 47
    Asheron's Call, EVE only games with what I consider good PVP. End of story.

Ever since everquest came up with the heatseeking missile combat, where nothing is dodgable in real time and your mashing lame little "skills", every game with the same combat system does not qualify for MMORPG PVP awards.

Real Skill PVP for the win, AC, PS, EVE.

Originally posted by C.L.O.U.D

lol what a shite list

EVE - STILL

planetside 2

darkfall UW

DAOC - STILL

TESO OR GW2

That's why WoW went from being known for PVE to being known for PVP. Sorry but if you think that WoW has shit PVP you are just a daft person. Though not as good as it use to be with all the Talent changes, the PVP from WoW set the standard of what player vs. player should be like in MMO's. 

The only standard it set is what makes money, and it only makes money because majority of the fans of MMORPGs crave easy mode combat. End of story.

This discussion has been closed.