Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Last few hours to buy life day items and fireworks!

2»

Comments

  • pioneer08pioneer08 iowa, IAPosts: 76Member
    Originally posted by superniceguy

    Originally posted by pioneer08
    Originally posted by superniceguy
    It would be the char slot update this week, giving it a boost in players. Even I have played it this week again for the first time since before it went F2P, as the 2 char limit had me completely locked out of the game, as I wanted to create a new char, but could not until Tuesday. If they had said that they would not be doing more char slots I may have caved and subbed to get 12 slots, but as they said it was coming, and I had over 3000 CC from being subbed at the time of F2P, right up to Nov 15th too, I had no choice but to wait. I am not going to buy any LD items from the store now, it is a waste, as the season is over. Might as well wait until next Life Day. I spent loads of time collecting Candy canes in CoH last year, ready to buy stuff this year, but could not, which ended up being a waste of time.

     

    Boost in players? Its been this way since they have gone F2P you can word it any way you want the truth the facts show swtor is doing good.

    /facepalm

    If there has been no boost in players, then any updates they do are no good, and BW may as well not bother and dismiss all devs ;)

    It was a struggle to find one FULL server in this thread Only one server seemed to be flipping between Very Heavy and FULL. If there was so many FULL servers a couple of weeks ago, people would have been posting the stats too in that thread, but were not, especaially as I said I could see no FULL servers, other than that one server that was flipping Very Heavy / FULL.

    Anyway, just enjoy it, it stands to reason that it would give a boost in players, as the char slots opens up more gameplay to people. If there was no boost then there would be something seriously wrong with the game.

     

     

     

    You keep smacking yourself in the face since you have been wrong coutless times (look at your history). The tread you reference does show multiple full servers, it also turned into a forum for those to come up with two bit excuses as to why swtor has full servers. When there is only one reason and one reason only and that is because its a good mmo and a lot of people enjoy it. Its that plain and simple its time to accept that and move on.
  • superniceguysuperniceguy AnchorheadPosts: 2,278Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by pioneer08
    Originally posted by superniceguy
    Originally posted by pioneer08
    Originally posted by superniceguy

    It would be the char slot update this week, giving it a boost in players. Even I have played it this week again for the first time since before it went F2P, as the 2 char limit had me completely locked out of the game, as I wanted to create a new char, but could not until Tuesday. If they had said that they would not be doing more char slots I may have caved and subbed to get 12 slots, but as they said it was coming, and I had over 3000 CC from being subbed at the time of F2P, right up to Nov 15th too, I had no choice but to wait.

    I am not going to buy any LD items from the store now, it is a waste, as the season is over. Might as well wait until next Life Day. I spent loads of time collecting Candy canes in CoH last year, ready to buy stuff this year, but could not, which ended up being a waste of time.

     

    Boost in players? Its been this way since they have gone F2P you can word it any way you want the truth the facts show swtor is doing good.

    /facepalm

    If there has been no boost in players, then any updates they do are no good, and BW may as well not bother and dismiss all devs ;)

    It was a struggle to find one FULL server in this thread Only one server seemed to be flipping between Very Heavy and FULL. If there was so many FULL servers a couple of weeks ago, people would have been posting the stats too in that thread, but were not, especaially as I said I could see no FULL servers, other than that one server that was flipping Very Heavy / FULL.

    Anyway, just enjoy it, it stands to reason that it would give a boost in players, as the char slots opens up more gameplay to people. If there was no boost then there would be something seriously wrong with the game.

     

     

     

    You keep smacking yourself in the face since you have been wrong coutless times (look at your history). The tread you reference does show multiple full servers, it also turned into a forum for those to come up with two bit excuses as to why swtor has full servers. When there is only one reason and one reason only and that is because its a good mmo and a lot of people enjoy it. Its that plain and simple its time to accept that and move on.

    The thread I reference does NOT show FULL servers, only what people claim to see which ended up being only temporary, as when I looked only minutes later there was no FULL servers

    What I was after was posts like  this showing a screenshot of it. They clearly were FULL yetsreday, and not just one. Was there a post like that in that thread? If so, then link it here

     

  • crack_foxcrack_fox WellingtonPosts: 402Member
    Server status may indeed be meaningless, but I was still pretty surprised to see Heavy status on Gav Daragon. The APAC servers are not exactly known for being over-populated, but this certainly seemed to be reflected in the game (at least on the lower-level planets). There has definitely been a rise in population, whatever you attribute it to. 
  • tiefighter25tiefighter25 Winchester, MAPosts: 937Member

    All retail "SALES" are a bit of marketing and a dash of hidden manipulation; but in the real world, they do serve two purposes.

    Real world "Sales" both allow a retailer to steal potential customers from his competitors, and in many cases, especially limited time/seasonal sales, allows the retailer to move physical inventory cluttering up his stores and warehouses of product that would otherwise just sit there and take up space (which costs money to shelve and store.)

     

    Manipulation reaches new heights, and becomes comical, when an in game virtual cash shop has "sales" and sesonal items.

    The in-game cash shop obviously has no competitors (you could say it's competeting with cash-shops in other games, but that's a bit of a stretch) and the warehousing and shelving costs of its virtual goods are about .000000000000001% of the sale cost of the virtual good. It's just a tiny bit of code on a massive server.

    The usual pitch lines of "get them while you can", "get them before they run out" make me smile.

    It's just code. The seller is deciding the value, and availability of all items on sale.

    As a footnote, as predicted, the main seasonal items excedd any reasonable stash of the subscriber's complimentary coins.

    You want the item, spend real cash. Think you can save up with the free coins to buy the item at a later date? Ha, ha, we made it a limited time offer.

    I try not to comment much on the cartel market, but the fact that it blantatly is an attempt to increase ARPU (Average Revenue Per User) is hideous to me when you consider it's aimed directly at subscribers.

    Not to mention that ...

    Legacy time and in game money sink- Available for real money purchase.

    P2W creep with Space Ship upgrades.

    P2W water toe-testing with blue equipment for alts.

    Now coupled with...

    Time limited items that exceed the cartel cin stipend.

    Arbitrary "sales" on virtual goods.

    The best gear is hidden with "Gambaling Packs" which have a low chance of getting the actual gear desired.

    The gear is available to list on their in game Galactic Trade Network, meaning that someone paying real money can in effect buy in game credits. (A pretty big competative advantage.)

    And of course the Big can of worms....

    Most of the cartel gear was either designed prior ot release and intentionally withheld prior to the introduction of the cartel market.

    A great deal of the gear is just reskins of exsisting gear.

     

    If you couldn't tell, I'm not a big fan of cash shops in a P2P game. I find it beyond greedy, and that they inevitably create a P2W enviornment.

    But that's just me.

    Sorry Seven.

  • BadOrbBadOrb ManchesterPosts: 791Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by tiefighter25

    All retail "SALES" are a bit of marketing and a dash of hidden manipulation; but in the real world, they do serve two purposes.

    Real world "Sales" both allow a retailer to steal potential customers from his competitors, and in many cases, especially limited time/seasonal sales, allows the retailer to move physical inventory cluttering up his stores and warehouses of product that would otherwise just sit there and take up space (which costs money to shelve and store.)

     

    Manipulation reaches new heights, and becomes comical, when an in game virtual cash shop has "sales" and sesonal items.

    The in-game cash shop obviously has no competitors (you could say it's competeting with cash-shops in other games, but that's a bit of a stretch) and the warehousing and shelving costs of its virtual goods are about .000000000000001% of the sale cost of the virtual good. It's just a tiny bit of code on a massive server.

    The usual pitch lines of "get them while you can", "get them before they run out" make me smile.

    It's just code. The seller is deciding the value, and availability of all items on sale.

    As a footnote, as predicted, the main seasonal items excedd any reasonable stash of the subscriber's complimentary coins.

    You want the item, spend real cash. Think you can save up with the free coins to buy the item at a later date? Ha, ha, we made it a limited time offer.

    I try not to comment much on the cartel market, but the fact that it blantatly is an attempt to increase ARPU (Average Revenue Per User) is hideous to me when you consider it's aimed directly at subscribers.

    Not to mention that ...

    Legacy time and in game money sink- Available for real money purchase.

    P2W creep with Space Ship upgrades.

    P2W water toe-testing with blue equipment for alts.

    Now coupled with...

    Time limited items that exceed the cartel cin stipend.

    Arbitrary "sales" on virtual goods.

    The best gear is hidden with "Gambaling Packs" which have a low chance of getting the actual gear desired.

    The gear is available to list on their in game Galactic Trade Network, meaning that someone paying real money can in effect buy in game credits. (A pretty big competative advantage.)

    And of course the Big can of worms....

    Most of the cartel gear was either designed prior ot release and intentionally withheld prior to the introduction of the cartel market.

    A great deal of the gear is just reskins of exsisting gear.

     

    If you couldn't tell, I'm not a big fan of cash shops in a P2P game. I find it beyond greedy, and that they inevitably create a P2W enviornment.

    But that's just me.

    Sorry Seven.

    I agree with almost all what you typed. Not sure what the "P2W water toe-testing with blue equipment for alts " means though. they have addressed the space parts debacle a bit. I refuse to actually use real money to gain in game credits in SWTOR , I'm a traditionalist and like to buy and sell in game so i wouldn't use Cartel Coins to do it. Mind you you could argue that as long as I use my stipend then I'm not using real money at all ( i will think on that one while I save up my cc ). i won't be doing it in PSO2 either or any game.

    I don't think it's inevitable that the game will go fully P2W though and i really hope it doesn't as that might be the end of my subb if it does ( more than likely ).

    Anyways I bought ( with in game credits not cartel coins ) some life day fluff to sell at a later date. i got two whole sets of life day clothing and 7 life day orbs off the GTN. Cost me quite a bit , o and I kept two orbs considering two of my characters have the word Orb in them , a lil treat for them both :). I should be able to make a little profit at some point on those items.

    Cheers,

    BadOrb.

    EDIT - There wasn't a cartel Market update so the items are still here for at least a week , I jumped to early it seems :)

    PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

  • PelaajaPelaaja HevonkuusiPosts: 697Member
    Did I miss it?

    image

  • BadOrbBadOrb ManchesterPosts: 791Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Pelaaja
    Did I miss it?

    The items are still in the Cartel Market and they will probably be there untill Monday night , so you can still get those from my original OP.

    Cheers,

    BadOrb.

    PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

  • BadOrbBadOrb ManchesterPosts: 791Member Uncommon

    They have confirmed on their twitter page that the items i listed are being removed this Tuesday , plus I bought a few more items , I think i have 4 full sets of life day clothing now :)

    Cheers,

    BadOrb.

    PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

  • DraronDraron A town in, KYPosts: 993Member
    Originally posted by BadOrb

    They have confirmed on their twitter page that the items i listed are being removed this Tuesday , plus I bought a few more items , I think i have 4 full sets of life day clothing now :)

    Cheers,

    BadOrb.

    Nice, I get payed tomorrow :P Still got time.

  • PelaajaPelaaja HevonkuusiPosts: 697Member
    Originally posted by BadOrb
    Originally posted by Pelaaja
    Did I miss it?

    The items are still in the Cartel Market and they will probably be there untill Monday night , so you can still get those from my original OP.

    Cheers,

    BadOrb.

    Sarcasm is a hard sport when you're dealing with cereal people.

    image

  • BadOrbBadOrb ManchesterPosts: 791Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Pelaaja
    Originally posted by BadOrb
    Originally posted by Pelaaja
    Did I miss it?

    The items are still in the Cartel Market and they will probably be there untill Monday night , so you can still get those from my original OP.

    Cheers,

    BadOrb.

    Sarcasm is a hard sport when you're dealing with cereal people.

    No I did notice your sarcastic post , but I got a bump , now was it the fact you could still buy them on Tuesday last ? Or the fact that you think what event ? 

    Anyways you mis-judged me i think , nice try though. 

    Cheers,

    BadOrb.

    PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

2»
Sign In or Register to comment.