Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This looks like a scam. Read and decide for yourself.

Comments

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352
    Originally posted by Mogus

We haven't confirmed or denied anything yet because we haven't made those decisions 100%.

As of right now, NOTHING has changed but the engine. There aren't any additional Kickstarter campaigns scheduled. We have been bringing up topics of discussion to get feedback from those with an ACTUAL interest in the game. No decisions have been made on any of it yet.

And even thought I'm making this 100% clear, right here, you are still going to post whatever the hell you want regardless so why bother? lol

This sounds like a confirmation to me, from the thread right here on the forums:

"Like I stated on the forum Games take ALOT of money to develop. Even going with Cloud Hosting we are looking at thousands of dollars per month for the required Bandwidth to run the game. The 2nd KickStarter is needed in order to get us through beta testing and the first few months of release. For those who supported us in the first round there will be nothing forcing them to help fund us again in this 2nd round. The only way they will help us again is if they WANT to help us succeed, want more land parcels, or like one of the other rewards we offer this time around."

With above post and you made that 100% clear. You say that you want to keep the option open to do a second Kickstarter. Are we on the same page here?

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• JamesPJamesP Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Originally posted by mistmaker

i would stop discussing, and close this thread and every other one too.

those threads about mr appleton are really not presenting him in the best light, i have to admit, but i can understand him. he is someone who has a lot of different ideas and want them to be realized with him as some kind of creative lead. he is doing something, what other people just think, me included. why do you have to be a graduated game designer to make a good game? i guess it would help avoiding a lot of failures he certainly make, but in the end, what counts is, that he bring a good team together and keep the money coming in.

we will see if its successful, i would hope so, because its always good to see someone being successful with just a dream. a lot of good things started this way.

i am more afraid, that he isnt continueos enough to realize it, he does a lot of idea hopping in his life. you can never do 1000 things and be successful with all of them, you ave to concentrate. making mistakes, learning out of it, fall down, stand up. in the end, there should be anything very sucessful, idealy.

so when making games is your thing mr appleton, keep doing it till you are successful. it will be a hard way, but why not?

i dont back you but i will keep an eye on this game. my opinion is, it will be just average, but maybe the next game will be good and the next great?!

good luck and dont waste other peoples money

We aren't wasting anyones money. This game WILL be made! Also I don't remember forcing anyone to back us during our KickStarter campaign. They knew the risk. They believed in our vision and so they backed us end of story. Our vision remains the same today as it did back in oct. when we started our KickStarter Campaign.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Since I've been diving into my own history online, I've been finding things relating to my fight that's been interesting to watch again.

Now, you should all know right up front that though you would expect everything to be top notch because the owner of the company was handling everything and all of the video, production etc should be HUGE, in fact, in order to fight with a promoters license, I had to go to Indiana and wasn't allowed to do much of anything in terms of the business or promotion of the event. But we got through it. It was VERY stressful having to prepare for a fight while watching the show develop from the sidelines. lol

Actual fight video.  You may want to skip ahead a couple of minutes because Kirk had to clip his nails. haha

image Old fight team photo from way back. Can you find me? hahimageMe, Roger, TJ and Greg.

It wasn't GSP vs. Condit, but grats image

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321
    Originally posted by JamesP
    Originally posted by mistmaker

i would stop discussing, and close this thread and every other one too.

those threads about mr appleton are really not presenting him in the best light, i have to admit, but i can understand him. he is someone who has a lot of different ideas and want them to be realized with him as some kind of creative lead. he is doing something, what other people just think, me included. why do you have to be a graduated game designer to make a good game? i guess it would help avoiding a lot of failures he certainly make, but in the end, what counts is, that he bring a good team together and keep the money coming in.

we will see if its successful, i would hope so, because its always good to see someone being successful with just a dream. a lot of good things started this way.

i am more afraid, that he isnt continueos enough to realize it, he does a lot of idea hopping in his life. you can never do 1000 things and be successful with all of them, you ave to concentrate. making mistakes, learning out of it, fall down, stand up. in the end, there should be anything very sucessful, idealy.

so when making games is your thing mr appleton, keep doing it till you are successful. it will be a hard way, but why not?

i dont back you but i will keep an eye on this game. my opinion is, it will be just average, but maybe the next game will be good and the next great?!

good luck and dont waste other peoples money

We aren't wasting anyones money. This game WILL be made! Also I don't remember forcing anyone to back us during our KickStarter campaign. They knew the risk. They believed in our vision and so they backed us end of story. Our vision remains the same today as it did back in oct. when we started our KickStarter Campaign.

you didnt get my point :-)

• MogusMogus Member Posts: 169

James, just stop responding to this guy. He obviously doesn tknow what hes talking about and is only here to create drama and get us frustrated. It doesnt matter what we explain in detail, he will just continue making up whatever he wants and post and laugh as we continue to defend ourselves and our goals.

He's has no interest in the game at all, he's just bored with nothing else to do.

Just ignore him, like I'll be doing. It's not worth going back and forth with someone like this.

www.greedmonger.com
    Did you like Ultima Online? Then you'll LOVE Greed Monger!

• boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    What is wrong with you people and bashing a game that you may or may not like? If you dont like it, dont play it. No reason to flame a game that someone is trying to make. Its people like you, that are part of the reason alot of us others are in the situation of not able to find a game we enjoy ATM. You should be supporting the growth of new games onto the market as a gamer yourself, and if someone makes a game that you dont agree with, let it be. We are not going to get past this hump of garbage games we have seen this last year by setting around bashing new game producers from getting a foothold and hopefully changing the market.  
  • ortheneorthene Member UncommonPosts: 13

AWESOME THAT A "DEV" IS TAKING THE TIME TO POST AND ACTUALLY BACK UP HIS CLAIMS!!

That said, Jason im a little skeptical about wether the game will actually release even though this game so far, dose not appeal to my gameplay style liking.  

Too often we see huge claims and VERY little payoff in-game or a RALLY watered-down  version of what they said it was going to be.   Maybe after i see some combat and how complex or boaring it will be, some MONSTERS (not furry animls from the forest) i'll be stoked for this.

PLEASE PRODUCE SOME DEMOS SO YOU CAN GRAB A FEW MORE HARDCORE PLAYERS 

I DONT THINK ANYONE WANTS TO PLAY WURM OR MORTAL ONLINE 2.0 

PLEASE DO NOT DISSAPOINT YOUR FANS WITH ALL THE EFFORT YOU ARE PUTING IN THIS.

James, just stop responding to this guy. He obviously doesn tknow what hes talking about and is only here to create drama and get us frustrated. It doesnt matter what we explain in detail, he will just continue making up whatever he wants and post and laugh as we continue to defend ourselves and our goals.

He's has no interest in the game at all, he's just bored with nothing else to do.

Just ignore him, like I'll be doing. It's not worth going back and forth with someone like this.

Ok now you got all this distraction out of the way, can you answer my question please. I would really appreciate it.

Do you consider making a second kickstarter?

Assuming that you do a second kickstarter and it fails, will the game still be made?

2 Simple questions to answer. No need for anything but a YES or a NO.

Thank you, i appreciate you sharing this information.

• rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Can a mod shut down this thread for obvious reasons?

I'll tell you what. I'll answer more your questions as soon as you have answered all of mine.

You've wasted enough of my time.

Answer all of my questions that you have ignored in all of my posts, and I will answer more of your questions than I already have.

What I predict will happen, is you will reply some grand post about how I'm dodging you, then you will write up some rediculous theory while providing your own answers all of which will be worst case scenario, topped off with an added insult.

Am I right?

All while completly ignoring my request for you to answer some questions of my own.

Such as, what is your name? Who are you? What investments have you made?

These are very valid questions because, as someone like yourself who seems to be an authority on what I'm doing, how I'm doing it and apparently how I should be doing it better, with enough experience to assume so many things without actually having been told as much by anyone and your uncanny ability to draw up conclusions all on your own given little information to support your theories, I HAVE to assume you have created multiple games, have a multi million dollar investment portfolio and a list of accolades as long as I am tall.

So, I would just like to give you the opportunity to present yourself as the authority that I'm sure you are, so that we understand where you're coming from a bit better.

I've been an open book with nothing to hide and so, I figure since you have so much to say about me and my efforts, you would be just as open for the sake of fairness.

Thanks.

www.greedmonger.com

• Alorse89Alorse89 Member Posts: 8
    I'm posting here and not on the Greed Monger forums since I don't want this discussion shutdown. As $300 Greed Monger backer I'm very worried with how Jason has been handling the new engine, 2nd kickstarter and $10 sub. If problems arise which they have and it seems you guys arn't worried about money, then why even do a sub or second kickstarter. You should guys be worried about getting the extra money to pay the 75K liciense so its a FREE TO PLAY GAME like you stated it would be.
  • vgamervgamer Member Posts: 195

I'll tell you what. I'll answer more your questions as soon as you have answered all of mine.

Answer all of my questions that you have ignored in all of my posts, and I will answer more of your questions than I already have.

What I predict will happen, is you will reply some grand post about how I'm dodging you, then you will write up some rediculous theory while providing your own answers all of which will be worst case scenario, topped off with an added insult.

Am I right?

All while completing ignoring my request for you to answer some questions of my own.

These are very valid questions because, as someone like yourself who seems to be an authority on what I'm doing, how I'm doing it and apparently how I should be doing it better, with enough experience to assume so many things without actually having been told as much by anyone and your uncanny ability to draw up conclusions all on your own given little information to support your theories, I HAVE to assume you have created multiple games, have a multi million dollar investment portfolio and a list of accolades as long as I am tall.

So, I would just like to give you the opportunity to present yourself as the authority that I'm sure you are, so that we understand where you're coming from a bit better.

I've been an open book with nothing to hide and so, I figure since you have so much to say about me and my efforts, you would be just as open for the sake of fairness.

Thanks.

All those questions serve only to attack him personally.

SO stop dodging and put your money where your mouth is. I too can claim I'm going to cure cancer with my own bare hands and I've got excellent credits to back it up. Problem: unless I actually DO it, nobody's going to believe me. So show us and stop arguing. The OP has some points and the best way to disprove them is to show physical evidence.

• mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321
    Originally posted by Alorse89
    I'm posting here and not on the Greed Monger forums since I don't want this discussion shutdown. As $300 Greed Monger backer I'm very worried with how the Jason has been handling the new engine, 2nd kickstarter and $10 sub. If problems arise which they have and it seems you guys arn't worried about money, then why even do a sub or second kickstarter. You should guys be worried about getting the extra money to pay the 75K liciense so its a FREE TO PLAY GAME like you stated it would be.

lol

• Alorse89Alorse89 Member Posts: 8
    shhhh haha
    Originally posted by vgamer

Am I right?

All while completing ignoring my request for you to answer some questions of my own.

Thanks.

SO stop dodging and put your money where your mouth is. I too can claim I'm going to cure cancer with my own bare hands and I've got excellent credits to back it up. Problem: unless I actually DO it, nobody's going to believe me. So show us and stop arguing. The OP has some points and the best way to disprove them is to show physical evidence.

Really? How so?

If he is the authority he claims to be, it shouldn't be any problem to back it up with supporting information as I have quite clearly.  Are you his secondary account or something? I'm struggling to find how my request to him matters to you.

So, according to you, if I make a claim, it's ok to bash me, insult me, accuse me and then attack my history, present and future while asking me to back up what I say, which I have done without any issue, but my requesting the same of someone who also make some pretty grand claims while adding in insults, accusations and the like is an attack on him personally?

I'm just not sure how that works out...

In my opinion, it's a very basic request much like one I would make with anyone outside of these forums who poses such accusations and assumptions.

I am just tired of all of the anonymous bashing, finger pointing etc. The way I see it, if you have such strong convictions and are certain your assumption and accusations are right, then why hide yourself? Point the finger, thats fine, but at least have the honor of not pointing fingers hiding from shadows. I'd like to see how much experience and credibility some of you have that are constantly making such grand claims against me or this game. That's all. I really dont see how that should be a problem for anyone honest.

www.greedmonger.com

• vgamervgamer Member Posts: 195

Still dodging the issue. Actions speak louder than words. You immediately  accuse me of being his secondary account. All I said was that you should prove you can make this game of yours. It does not matter who attacks you, if you can discredit his attacks with facts you won't need to ask for his personal details. Yet, your reaction shows your true character, the others can read and think for themselves.

Just my two cents, if you can't handle criticism, just quit before things get out of hand.

I've backed up everything I've said so far. Some things can't be answered 100% yet.

I just find it odd that he's let you do his talking for him since I made that post, but hey, whatever's clever.

It's obvious this is going nowhere, and or in circles so I will excuse myself as this is all rather unproductive.

Thanks for making my afternoon a little more interesting though!

www.greedmonger.com

Am I right?

All while completly ignoring my request for you to answer some questions of my own.

Thanks.

I am sorry. I can not disclose this information due to contractual agreements. Breaking these NDA and Venture capital contracts would leave me wide open for  law suites or fines.

Quite frankly, i find it insulting that you try to turn around this whole discussion which started really mature and friendly with you beeing very open about everything and polite, but now has turned into what resembles an angry punks helpless struggles to get out of the hole he dug himself.

Please if you do not want to answer my questions, a simple: "Sorry i can not confirm nor deny any of these issues and questions" would have sufficed.

Here are the 2 questions again:

Do you consider making a second kickstarter?

Assuming that you do a second kickstarter and it fails, will the game still be made?

Thank you.

PS: If you need a lession in PR and Corporate Identity Management, please send me a PM and i can offer you some advice. For free in the spirit of teaching the next generation what this generation learned by fucking things up. Yeah i know we did fuck up a lot of things.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by vgamer

Am I right?

Thanks.

Really? How so?

If he is the authority he claims to be, it shouldn't be any problem to back it up with supporting information as I have quite clearly.  Are you his secondary account or something? I'm struggling to find how my request to him matters to you.

So, according to you, if I make a claim, it's ok to bash me, insult me, accuse me and then attack my history, present and future while asking me to back up what I say, which I have done without any issue, but my requesting the same of someone who also make some pretty grand claims while adding in insults, accusations and the like is an attack on him personally?

I'm just not sure how that works out...

In my opinion, it's a very basic request much like one I would make with anyone outside of these forums who poses such accusations and assumptions.

It boils down to us not being interested in that poster. You are the one developing the game and a lot has been pointed out that brings in to question your ability to do so. Ideas and ideals are never really the problem in game design, its the follow through that usually messes things up. 

Right now it seems you are the project lead, yet you have no experience or skill in programing, game design, project management, 3D modeling, animation, well nothing that would make you suitable for project lead. 

Q) What can you tell us to put our minds at ease about this, why should we have faith in you as the project lead?

You seem to do things on a whim, have trouble comitting to things, and suffer from a lack of focus . You want to be Governor of Ohio, you want to be an MMA fighter, you want to design ios games, you want to make MMO's,  you want to sale sexual enhancement pills. I mean you just discovered Unity and jumped into trying to make an MMO with no experience, no relating skills, no kowledge about the process, etc. and we are talking about a matter of months after discovering it, if even that, you start the kickstarter and decided you are going to be a game designer. Even after that you jumped from one engine you invested in to another that is far more complicated and even more expensive.  

Q) How can we trust you to stay commited and focused on this project? Whats to stop you from deciding you want to design and fly air planes in a few months?

You seem to be unwilling to listen to those that have the experience and skill that you lack. Look at the Unity forums and how you took the advice from those that had years upon years of experience. You shrugged it off and felt you knew better. 

Q) What can you say or do to assure us that if you do or have hired others you are going to actually let them do their jobs and listen to them?

This does smell like a scam and you don't seem to be overly truthful. I mean you seem to simply be looking for a way to make easy money. I mean bouncing from sexual enhancement pills to game design to who knows what next doesn't instil confidence. Then you contradict your own posts and such. You told players the game would be free to play and such if goals were met apparently and then changed your mind after you got the funds and said it will now be $10 a month. You came in here saying you never talked about a second kickstarter yet a post was linked that shows you specifically discussing a second kickstarter. 

Q) Why should any of us put any faith in what you say?

It's kind of hard to remain polite when being constantly bombarded with insults, accusations of being a scammer etc.

Apparently you aren't even able to share your name, which I do all the time to strangers I meet ever day. I have friends in the VC world. Send me a PM if you'd like.

If you are who you say you are and you can tone down your insulting manner here, I'm happy to show you some respect. But to get my respect, you'll have to do more than create uncessary and unfounded drama.

www.greedmonger.com

Originally posted by Alorse89
    I'm posting here and not on the Greed Monger forums since I don't want this discussion shutdown. As $300 Greed Monger backer I'm very worried with how Jason has been handling the new engine, 2nd kickstarter and $10 sub. If problems arise which they have and it seems you guys arn't worried about money, then why even do a sub or second kickstarter. You should guys be worried about getting the extra money to pay the 75K liciense so its a FREE TO PLAY GAME like you stated it would be.

May i ask you what prompmted you to spend $300 for this game?

Please, i am not trying to say you made a mistake or you did the right thing. I am genuinely interested since there has to be a reason.

Was it the prospect of the land parcels to become more valuable or was it the pure idea of a sandbox game in the spirit of Ultima Online?

I am asking because i think that a big amount of the success is due to gamblers investing and hoping for a quick flip once the game goes live. It's a very risky investment, one i would never make, but it can be extremely profitable as we have seen with other games that pursued this type of revenue stream.

Thank you.

• pantheronpantheron Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Haha this is too great. Most entertaining thing since the Swotor forums. Evertying i had seen about greed monger had made me question whether it was a legit game or not, but reading the dev's words sealed the deal. the best thing he could have done for his game is not post on this forum, let this die, and be done with it. I didn't see bioware on here refuting the Swotor haters, and i sure as hell don't see Anet going to war on the anti-gw2 forums. it really makes one seem as if one is covering something up if you have to be this defensive. 

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

Taus,

in all seriousness, from what I know of whats been said in the Greed Monger community, only a few people have openly stated they are speculating on parcels. The vast majority appear to have pledged due to the ideas behind the game and the overall concept.

We all want a modernized Ultima Online. I have for years. Nothing has come close to that. There is a certain feeling I get when I play Ultima Online, even today. That is what we are trying to capture in Greed Monger and the people who know and love UO, know exactly what kind of feeling I'm talking about.

It's not about mind busting graphics. It's about options. Risk vs reward. Feeling like what you do actually has an impact. It's about the RARE MARKET that no other game has gotten right since UO. It's about wheeling and dealing. Not auction houses, not global chuck norris chat.

Yes, Greed Monger is a challenge and things will certainly change over time. So far, we are on the right track. It's really just going to be a matter of getting the game to Alpha and allowing the backers run around in it for a while and allowing them to express their pros and cons at that time. Until then, anything we say is just going to be twisted up by those who really have no interest other than to see it fall for whatever reason.

www.greedmonger.com

It's kind of hard to remain polite when being constantly bombarded with insults, accusations of being a scammer etc.

Apparently you aren't even able to share your name, which I do all the time to strangers I meet ever day. I have friends in the VC world. Send me a PM if you'd like.

If you are who you say you are and you can tone down your insulting manner here, I'm happy to show you some respect. But to get my respect, you'll have to do more than create uncessary and unfounded drama.

I said many times here that i do think you genuinely want to make this game and that this might not be a scam rather a project from an over confident person with no real knowledge what is involved in this particular business. You got the chance to proove me wrong with your upcoming Alpha. I am looking forward to it.

Yet you come up with all these things like selling more parcels and starting a second kickstarter that makes this look like a scam. I am not saying it is, it just looks like one. Everyone can make up their own mind.

You have adamantly defended your position and i think we can all agree that you do not have any malicious intend.

I do share my name with friends and people i meet that are complete strangers. I do not however tell them what i do with my money, since that is none of their business and as i already made clear, i am not at liberty to disclose this information.

The questions remain open however.

Would you kindly take the time to anwers them?

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by pantheron
    Haha this is too great. Most entertaining thing since the Swotor forums. Evertying i had seen about greed monger had made me question whether it was a legit game or not, but reading the dev's words sealed the deal. the best thing he could have done for his game is not post on this forum, let this die, and be done with it. I didn't see bioware on here refuting the Swotor haters, and i sure as hell don't see Anet going to war on the anti-gw2 forums. it really makes one seem as if one is covering something up if you have to be this defensive. 

And look where SWTOR is now, if they had listened far more to the SWTOR haters the game woud have been in a better shape. Same goes for GW2, although we don't know yet how badly it hit GW2.

This discussion has been closed.