Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Ohhhhhhh....... the client.......... the complaining.....

Abuz0rAbuz0r Lexington, KYPosts: 354Member Uncommon

Please pay special attention to the post by Aventurine about the fact that this is a Debug client build.

They try to explain that a debug build means the client will run slower, let me try to expand on that.  A debug mode means every single script that occurs has a debug log that it generates and this allows all exceptions / errors to be reported.  

Let me break it down, if they turn off debug mode, the game will run the quick way you are wanting it to, but any time a crash or other error happens, Aventurine has no way to know what caused it.

As a closed beta, you shouldn't come on these forums and try to give a synopsis.  I made the mistake myself early on and got a warning as there is a NDA we aren't allowed to violate.

If you do not know what a beta test is, don't pay money and install this game, it's not a finished product.  They're allowing you to fund them while they finish the game, and to play the product while they're finishing it.  I've noticed there is an enormous population of MMO game players on the Darkfall forums that are just vile in their dealings with this game.

I will also venture to speculate that they will wipe the game multiple times during the beta test.  So also don't invest tons of time and energy into the game that you're already complaining isn't finished, only to rage out when your stuff vanishes one day.

Please be patient in dealing with a beta test game.........  Also, please stop using these forums to detract and insult Aventurine, they're not here to defend themselves, and if you want to give them a review, please use the Contact Us button on their website.  Your opinion of how they are is rarely accurate....

Comments

  • SchockeySchockey Urbandale, IAPosts: 58Member
    Well said!
  • GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Nada, FLPosts: 576Member
    Originally posted by Abuz0r

    Please pay special attention to the post by Aventurine about the fact that this is a Debug client build.

    They try to explain that a debug build means the client will run slower, let me try to expand on that.  A debug mode means every single script that occurs has a debug log that it generates and this allows all exceptions / errors to be reported.  

    Let me break it down, if they turn off debug mode, the game will run the quick way you are wanting it to, but any time a crash or other error happens, Aventurine has no way to know what caused it.

    As a closed beta, you shouldn't come on these forums and try to give a synopsis.  I made the mistake myself early on and got a warning as there is a NDA we aren't allowed to violate.

    If you do not know what a beta test is, don't pay money and install this game, it's not a finished product.  They're allowing you to fund them while they finish the game, and to play the product while they're finishing it.  I've noticed there is an enormous population of MMO game players on the Darkfall forums that are just vile in their dealings with this game.

    I will also venture to speculate that they will wipe the game multiple times during the beta test.  So also don't invest tons of time and energy into the game that you're already complaining isn't finished, only to rage out when your stuff vanishes one day.

    Please be patient in dealing with a beta test game.........  Also, please stop using these forums to detract and insult Aventurine, they're not here to defend themselves, and if you want to give them a review, please use the Contact Us button on their website.  Your opinion of how they are is rarely accurate....

     I am not a fan of websites enforcing NDA's for other companies and I do not know why mmorpg.com does it, however I am absolutely sure they still allow people to critique games and companies, or as you put it detract and insult. What is the purpose of a review if it is sent directly to the companies inbox? That defeats the purpose of this entire site and the entire idea behind reviews.

  • ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    It's not quite how you describe.

    Debug mode is typically compiling the project for debugging not full release, with compiler options set to keep track of stack frames, do less optimization and to keep tokens for function entry points. (so when you see for instance "access violation at 0xxxxxx" type errors they can match the address of the error to a rough block of code (usually).

    It's not sticking a manual trace in for every line, that would run super slow. But it will run slower than fully optimised release code.
  • Abuz0rAbuz0r Lexington, KYPosts: 354Member Uncommon

    Actually, they're tracking every line, and it is running super slow.

     

    To the person who is not a fan of sites enforcing NDA's:

    Like Aventurine, mmorpg.com is in business to make money.  Games pay mmorpg.com to run advertisements for them, they give mmorpg.com coupons and specials and promo codes.  This is the bait mmorpg.com uses to attract players to participate and have an account and to click their ads so they make money.

    What I'm trying to explain to you is that the games have a symbiotic relationship with mmorpg.com.  If this site does not enforce their NDA, then the game will be unlikely to do business with the site.  So now, keep in mind this site isn't a bunch of kids discussing games, it's actually in business to make money off kids discussing games. 

     

  • HancakesHancakes flint, MIPosts: 1,045Member
    AV used the same "debug mode" excuse with DF1 beta, come release the game ran about the same. 
  • ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    Abuz

    They're not.

    No one is going to write twice as much code as they need. Well not on a game anyway, maybe on something highly safety critical.
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson sun prairie, WIPosts: 1,937Member

    If this game releases, it'll be fun to revisit this thread.  See how vast the performance improves from them simply switching off debug mode.

    Personally I'm excited for when that is off, as they can't use it as an excuse anymore then :D

    El Psy Congroo

  • HancakesHancakes flint, MIPosts: 1,045Member
    Originally posted by Abuz0r

    Please be patient in dealing with a beta test game.........  Also, please stop using these forums to detract and insult Aventurine, they're not here to defend themselves, and if you want to give them a review, please use the Contact Us button on their website.  Your opinion of how they are is rarely accurate....

    How can ones opinion not be accurate? image I've been on the DF forums since 2006 and in both Betas.

    Frankily, AV deserves 90% of the crap that is thrown their way and the reason AV doesnt defend themselve is they can't. 

  • NiburuNiburu BerlinPosts: 378Member Uncommon
    nice patchnotes
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn belleville, ILPosts: 1,706Member Uncommon
    People enjoy being vile.  I don't understand it, but it's the way of the world.  I tried it out, played a bit to learn the mechanics, then stopped and am waiting for final release.  I see people playing as if this was the actual build, and then complain that their character gets wiped.  It's kinda strange.

    Concentrate on enjoying yourself, and not on why I shouldn't enjoy myself.

  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen USA, GAPosts: 2,451Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    AV used the same "debug mode" excuse with DF1 beta, come release the game ran about the same. 

    That's bad. :(

    image

    What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

  • NiburuNiburu BerlinPosts: 378Member Uncommon

    DF1 beta went pretty smooth with good FPS once it was out of debug.

     

    DF1 launch was fucked up but fixed after 2 weeks. 

     

    Some Queue errors were present at the DF:UW beta release, they are gone now.

     

     

    lets wait until they disable debug before we make any perfromance comment

  • GaladournGaladourn AthensPosts: 1,052Member

    The game is playable already, even without caching and optimization, so debug being turned off will surely increase overall performance.

     

    Also, check your installed programs list i windows; DFUW is not listed in the registry, only the lobby is, which means that the game reads everything from the raw source on-the-fly.

     

    I'm 100% positive debug mode off will make a world of difference, at least performance-wise.

  • FusionFusion VaasaPosts: 1,391Member Uncommon
    That's what you get with this Jersey Shore generation of 'gamers', unintelligent bitching and moaning without cause.

    Currently playing: -

    Waiting for: Class4.

    Dead and Buried: ESO, NWO, GW2, SWTOR, Darkfall, AO, AC2, Vanguard, CoH/V, EnB, EVE, Neocron, FE, EQ, EQ2, DAoC, FFXI, FFXIV, SWG, WoW, and billions of eastern junks!

  • CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Abuz0r

    Please pay special attention to the post by Aventurine about the fact that this is a Debug client build.

    They try to explain that a debug build means the client will run slower, let me try to expand on that.  A debug mode means every single script that occurs has a debug log that it generates and this allows all exceptions / errors to be reported.  

    Let me break it down, if they turn off debug mode, the game will run the quick way you are wanting it to, but any time a crash or other error happens, Aventurine has no way to know what caused it.

    As a closed beta, you shouldn't come on these forums and try to give a synopsis.  I made the mistake myself early on and got a warning as there is a NDA we aren't allowed to violate.

    If you do not know what a beta test is, don't pay money and install this game, it's not a finished product.  They're allowing you to fund them while they finish the game, and to play the product while they're finishing it.  I've noticed there is an enormous population of MMO game players on the Darkfall forums that are just vile in their dealings with this game.

    I will also venture to speculate that they will wipe the game multiple times during the beta test.  So also don't invest tons of time and energy into the game that you're already complaining isn't finished, only to rage out when your stuff vanishes one day.

    Please be patient in dealing with a beta test game.........  Also, please stop using these forums to detract and insult Aventurine, they're not here to defend themselves, and if you want to give them a review, please use the Contact Us button on their website.  Your opinion of how they are is rarely accurate....

     

    LOL we will have to wait and see.. i have run many beta tests myself as well a closed alpha tests.. going as far back as everquest and i have never seen a so called debug mode effect the game performance so much.. Saying that I dont appear to have many issues but I am running a high end PC..

     

    Still we will have to wait until later in the year if AV to see..

  • HancakesHancakes flint, MIPosts: 1,045Member
    Originally posted by Fusion
    That's what you get with this Jersey Shore generation of 'gamers', unintelligent bitching and moaning without cause.

    Obviously you aren't in the Beta.

  • HancakesHancakes flint, MIPosts: 1,045Member
    Originally posted by Niburu

    DF1 beta went pretty smooth with good FPS once it was out of debug.

     

    DF1 launch was fucked up but fixed after 2 weeks. 

     

    Some Queue errors were present at the DF:UW beta release, they are gone now.

     

     

    lets wait until they disable debug before we make any perfromance comment

    DF1 BETA NEVER ran without "debug".   People waiting for the "debug" miracle are the ones with marginal systems that will never see the performance they are hoping for.  DF-UW is more demanding than DF1, yet people still try to compare the two.

  • Abuz0rAbuz0r Lexington, KYPosts: 354Member Uncommon
    There's so much speculation and gossip it's insane.

    What Aventurine has said about the game to this point makes perfect sense. The series of events makes perfect sense. The game didn't make it's release and went into beta which made perfect sense.

    What doesn't make sense is the insane amount of rumoring and speculation and hatred directed at Aventurine for not stuffing 24 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag.

    I'm so happy this game is in the works, I plan to play it, and until I see Aventurine actually do something WRONG, then I'm not going to believe some crazy rumor about what happened in 2009 or something.

  • RaxeonRaxeon cedar falls, IAPosts: 2,090Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    AV used the same "debug mode" excuse with DF1 beta, come release the game ran about the same. 

    umm they took the debug mode off or osme of it at least before beta ended cause id ont remeber this hitching that debug mode is causing in the orginal game when i got in beta

  • RaxeonRaxeon cedar falls, IAPosts: 2,090Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by Niburu

    DF1 beta went pretty smooth with good FPS once it was out of debug.

     

    DF1 launch was fucked up but fixed after 2 weeks. 

     

    Some Queue errors were present at the DF:UW beta release, they are gone now.

     

     

    lets wait until they disable debug before we make any perfromance comment

    DF1 BETA NEVER ran without "debug".   People waiting for the "debug" miracle are the ones with marginal systems that will never see the performance they are hoping for.  DF-UW is more demanding than DF1, yet people still try to compare the two.

    the logging in dfuw is whats causing alot of performanc eissues. I never had logs in df1 beta

Sign In or Register to comment.