Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pathfinder Online: Funding Goal REACHED!

Comments

• DeddpoolDeddpool Member UncommonPosts: 197

This game has no end game content, when is it going f2p???

Oh..sorry am i early?

J/K...congrats to Goblinworks, looking forward to this.

• BlackUhuruBlackUhuru Member Posts: 770
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by Nemesis7884
    you cannot drop out once the funding is reached afaik

Close, you can't get your money back after time is up.  People still have 3-4 hours to remove their pledges, or increase them.  Once the deadline hits, people cannot lower or remove their pledge.  It isn't related to the funding goal.

In the last 24hrs if the project hits it's goal, even if people back out last minute, the project still gets funded. It's a anti-griefing measure kickstarter started...

"It would be awesome if you could duel your companion. Then you could solo pvp".--Thanes

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Close, you can't get your money back after time is up.  People still have 3-4 hours to remove their pledges, or increase them.  Once the deadline hits, people cannot lower or remove their pledge.  It isn't related to the funding goal.

Last 24 hours you cannot withdraw your pledge if it would make the KS fall under funding level.  So there is no way it will fail at this point.  100% done, now it's just a question of hitting any Stretch Goals!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    The only concerning factor is the disclaimer at the end, saying they cannot guarantee a game will be produced. Basically saying theres a very small chance it may not happen.
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by BlackUhuru

In the last 24hrs if the project hits it's goal, even if people back out last minute, the project still gets funded. It's a anti-griefing measure kickstarter started...

Well turns out that you CAN drop out even in the last hour even if the funding goal is met after all.  Also I didn't say that they project would be cancelled if a few people lowered pledges - the rule says you cannot cancel or lower a pledge in the final 24 hours if that would take it below the goal.

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311

So... ppl are moaing about how kickstart project works. Mmorpg.com never seems to suprise. 

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • mrjimorgmrjimorg Member Posts: 23
    Congrats to your team! I'm happy to have been one of the last pledges that pushed it over.
  • BlackUhuruBlackUhuru Member Posts: 770
    Originally posted by mymmo

So... ppl are moaing about how kickstart project works. Mmorpg.com never seems to suprise. 

LOL ... I love this site...

"It would be awesome if you could duel your companion. Then you could solo pvp".--Thanes

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079
    congrats
  • MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    MMORPG.com staff - you peeps gotta be happy to welcome a new member to the family, born under v heavy labour!!
  • VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    Originally posted by Raventree
    What happens to the money if the goal isn't reached?  Does it go back to the investors, does the kickstarter company keep it, or it just never charged to the customer?  I am guessing Kickstarter doesn't keep it, because that would make you less likely to invest.

the money its donated, and donations usually are not refunded, but in the site there are numbers about how much people canceled the donation in time, so the key will be that you have X time to get it back.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by mymmo

Who was complaining about it?  I was explaining some things about the site.  You know, informing people about how it works.

Is it bad that people should find out more about a funding website?  Or were you just 'moaning' about peoples posts on a forum you frequent?

• marcuslmmarcuslm Member UncommonPosts: 263

Good for them. I sure hope the end product is better than the tech demo video. I was really disappointed with that. I have hopes for the project, but I don't think they did themselves any favors with that video.

Good luck to them and all that invested.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

I'm blown away.  I thought for certain this was going to fail with that much money left in the end.  As of now, they are more than $30,000 over one million now!  That blows my mind.

Good for them.  Now we have 2-3 years to wait for the game... heh

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

Originally posted by MindTrigger

I'm blown away.  I thought for certain this was going to fail with that much money left in the end.  As of now, they are more than $30,000 over one million now!  That blows my mind.

Actually those of us that Crowdforged will be in the world next year.   Still 3 hours left to join us!

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by MindTrigger

They have a combat tool scheduled for late 2013. And possibly (optimistic) "Early Enrollment" start date of mid-2014 with about 1 year from that for full release, thanks to a successful kickstarter! image

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by marcuslm

Good for them. I sure hope the end product is better than the tech demo video. I was really disappointed with that. I have hopes for the project, but I don't think they did themselves any favors with that video.

Good luck to them and all that invested.

tech demo is the only reason I'm reluctant to donate.. i know with the new engine and all it's probably nothing like the final product will look like but seriously for a 2012 tech demo that was really bad... but I'm very happy sandbox type games are getting a lot more attention lately

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    I pm'd you mumbo, but in case you didn't see, do you get all the bonuses listed on the flowchart for 35 bucks or do you pick one or something?
  • DewolfDewolf Member Posts: 6

The Open PvP, Player looting, Staggarded launch and the totale rudness over at the Official forums, is a all a big 'Keep away' for me.

A lot of peopel have even quit teh TTRPG game becasue of the MMO, the game just sounds bad.. .

So no thank you at all... 

what?

Originally posted by adam_nox
    I pm'd you mumbo, but in case you didn't see, do you get all the bonuses listed on the flowchart for 35 bucks or do you pick one or something?

I mean like do you get the twin destinies, both free months, reserve name etc, or only pick one or are those addons, it was very confusing from the KS page.

Just replied. Each pledge level is a dollar amount you select which grants that pledge level rewards and all below distinct.

The add-ons are separate discrete rewards you add to your pledge as per each individual price. eg +10$ for a salute, +30$ for x3 months and additively for each add-on you wish: It's just KS culture that adopted this system.

Hope that is easy to understand. Ask on the comments section of the ks also on anything else. Personally I aim for the lowest amount I find reasonable for a ks to minimise risk.

Originally posted by Dewolf

The Open PvP, Player looting, Staggarded launch and the totale rudness over at the Official forums, is a all a big 'Keep away' for me.

A lot of peopel have even quit teh TTRPG game becasue of the MMO, the game just sounds bad.. .

So no thank you at all... 

I would seriously question the stability of a person that would quit playing a PnP RPG because it was being made into an MMO...

I haven't seen a single rude response at the official forums either, so no clue what you are talking about.  Pehaps a link?

Anyhow, given your post you are probably right that this is not a game for you.  Luckilly there are many people ($1.4M worth and counting) who feel differently and will be playing!

I mean like do you get the twin destinies, both free months, reserve name etc, or only pick one or are those addons, it was very confusing from the KS page.

Ah those are all free at the appropriate level ! All Bonuses are free.

Add-Ons = +$

Pledge Guide (for visibility)

Well I really hope they are going to use the KS as a way to sell the game to bigger investors, 1 mil isn't much to work with. 
    Well I really hope they are going to use the KS as a way to sell the game to bigger investors, 1 mil isn't much to work with. 

They already had investment to make the game.  This is an EXTRA $1M to accellerate it's development by one year.