Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Devs a bit ignorant?

ZaqirZaqir Member UncommonPosts: 55

I recently watched a Twitch feed of the devs playing and talking about the game.

While I am truly looking forward to this game I am concerned with what I hear from the devs and was wondering if you guys thought they were just overhyping or ignorant of a few things.

1)They talked about being able to change party members and how revolutionary this was and how no one has done it before etc. This bugged me for a few reasons.

-Darkspore did this and had a clear purpose for it, their system of heroes had a rock paper scissors thing going so it made sense.

-Marvel hinted at some heroes being better at certain bosses yet from gameplay this never seemed to be the case as the game was flashy yet somewhat simplistic in play elements. Ie I never saw a moment where you wanted to switch from hulk to ironman.

2)They hyped flying but all I could gather was that it was a semi form of transport that allowed no combat or tactical advantage of any sort. IE its mostly a shortcut thing.

so once again I might be nitpicking but their statements and lack of knowledge of a few things +their obvious yet oblivious hype attempts has me slightly worried.

I still cannot wait to play as Colossus.

Comments

• omidusomidus Member UncommonPosts: 99
    they're just trying to sell the game and it got you interested, thats all it was.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    I will reserve judgment until i see the game. However, it is important that they get combat mechanics right. Marvel Ultimate Alliance did a pretty good job (so there is a reference point), and their lead producer did Diablo 2 .. so i am cautiously hopeful.
  • omidusomidus Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    I will reserve judgment until i see the game. However, it is important that they get combat mechanics right. Marvel Ultimate Alliance did a pretty good job (so there is a reference point), and their lead producer did Diablo 2 .. so i am cautiously hopeful.

from the way the closed beta is going, this game seems really shody tbh. I mean they're patching program isn't even programmed well enough to work with most firewall. AVG, MaCaf, Comodo common as hell home firewall or internet protection. Their patching program refuse to work. There's a 15 page post about it with no resolution...

I have never seen a mmo with that type problem, maybe in alpha! Which is what this game should be in, rather than in closed beta.

The game lags and I have a pretty beasty rig and it's running at 30 to 25 fps. Its just horrendous, they have a long way to go. Should not have brought it out to closed beta testing so soon and on such a restricted time table.

Originally posted by omiodous

from the way the closed beta is going, this game seems really shody tbh. I mean they're patching program isn't even programmed well enough to work with most firewall. AVG, MaCaf, Comodo common as hell home firewall or internet protection. Their patching program refuse to work. There's a 15 page post about it with no resolution...

I have never seen a mmo with that type problem, maybe in alpha! Which is what this game should be in, rather than in closed beta.

The game lags and I have a pretty beasty rig and it's running at 30 to 25 fps. Its just horrendous, they have a long way to go. Should not have brought it out to closed beta testing so soon and on such a restricted time table.

That, of course, does not sound good. However, it is closed beta .. not even open beta. If it launches like this, i will be the first to complain on forums.

Until then, i am more interested in knowing whether the game plays well (when it works).

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    Originally posted by omiodous

Well I have been involved in quite a few closed betas over the years, and sometimes this can be a bad sign, othertimes it can actually turn out alright in the end. I know sometimes the game is ran in debug mode which is terribly slow while in closed beta, not this game in particular mind you, just some. 

Plus, maybe they needed closed beta for these issues to arise? I am not hyping this up at all, but I am just saying we should have patience. I haven't played the DFUW beta in sometime, but damn was it running pathetically slow. And on my computer I am able to run nearly all games on totally maxxed out settings, and quite often at 2880x1800! Yet that game in closed beta had me running at 20-30fps, and when I did get it running at 50-60 there was weird pauses anyways, yet I am confident it is just due to their debug mode.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Originally posted by Zaqir

I recently watched a Twitch feed of the devs playing and talking about the game.

While I am truly looking forward to this game I am concerned with what I hear from the devs and was wondering if you guys thought they were just overhyping or ignorant of a few things.

1)They talked about being able to change party members and how revolutionary this was and how no one has done it before etc. This bugged me for a few reasons.

-Darkspore did this and had a clear purpose for it, their system of heroes had a rock paper scissors thing going so it made sense.

-Marvel hinted at some heroes being better at certain bosses yet from gameplay this never seemed to be the case as the game was flashy yet somewhat simplistic in play elements. Ie I never saw a moment where you wanted to switch from hulk to ironman.

2)They hyped flying but all I could gather was that it was a semi form of transport that allowed no combat or tactical advantage of any sort. IE its mostly a shortcut thing.

so once again I might be nitpicking but their statements and lack of knowledge of a few things +their obvious yet oblivious hype attempts has me slightly worried.

1) Each hero plays like an MMO class, but with some flair. For instance, Scarlet Witch is a controller type, a lot of her skills hold things in place and buff/debuff in wide ranges. Wolverine self-heals and takes a lot of damage (tank) making him great for bosses with quick attacks that are difficult to get out of range of (Venom).

2) Flying, for instance with Storm, allows you higher mobility. You move faster and can pass through/over enemies and objects making it easier to maneuver around the battlefield. It's fun but I don't know that I'd consider that a major selling point.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

Originally posted by gaeanprayer
    Originally posted by Zaqir

1) Each hero plays like an MMO class, but with some flair. For instance, Scarlet Witch is a controller type, a lot of her skills hold things in place and buff/debuff in wide ranges. Wolverine self-heals and takes a lot of damage (tank) making him great for bosses with quick attacks that are difficult to get out of range of (Venom).

2) Flying, for instance with Storm, allows you higher mobility. You move faster and can pass through/over enemies and objects making it easier to maneuver around the battlefield. It's fun but I don't know that I'd consider that a major selling point.

It highly depends on how different the heroes are, in terms of combat mechanics. Right now since i have not played the game, i cannot say for sure.

But from description and video, i can tell that there are range "class", control "class" and so on ... so it is not beyond the realm of possibility that different heroes are suitable for different situation (for example, some boss may be easier for range than melee).