Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An open letter to CRS

2»

Comments

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Originally posted by depot12

Yea i know make me the issue instead of the game. As I have to drone on yet again: another CRS-type tactic.  Suggs or whatever your name is.

Don't want love?

Then why cry?

• gvonpaulgvonpaul Member Posts: 3

Man you remind me of a guy I know. His wife divorced him 15 years ago and to this day, whenever he mentions his ex, he gets red in the face, spitting angry. Calls her names, wishes for her death, all that crazy kind of stuff. She has remarried and moved on, but he just can't seem to let go. Kinda sad when you think about it.

Seriously, 102 posts here and every single one of them is bashing this game? Let it go, you'll be much happier.

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by gvonpaul

Man you remind me of a guy I know. His wife divorced him 15 years ago and to this day, whenever he mentions his ex, he gets red in the face, spitting angry. Calls her names, wishes for her death, all that crazy kind of stuff. She has remarried and moved on, but he just can't seem to let go. Kinda sad when you think about it.

Seriously, 102 posts here and every single one of them is bashing this game? Let it go, you'll be much happier.

I am not angry or bitter. I  just want to prevent others from falling into the same trap I did.  

I am not angry or bitter. I  just want to prevent others from falling into the same trap I did.  

You have spent 102 (103 now) posts here doing nothing but bash a game you claim that you are not interested in. I find it very hard to believe that you are motivated by altruism and concern for your fellow man.

• wrath04wrath04 Member Posts: 89

So explain, what's the TRAP again?  Let's see, you can play the game for FREE...trap....free ...hmmm dont get it.

Please explain....I'm curious...

• swindlersswindlers Member Posts: 27

People bringing up negative facts about the game and company,trolls. Cheerleaders that come in and bash people making these points,that's ok. Amazing what 3k a month will get you. These weren't issues over the past year when folks were talking about this failing company.

Where's RA that was PROMISED to save everything?

Where's the training server?

Where's Africa?

Why has everyone in the company left?

Really people? Nothing to complain about?

Originally posted by wrath04

So explain, what's the TRAP again?  Let's see, you can play the game for FREE...trap....free ...hmmm dont get it.

Please explain....I'm curious...

Please If anyone knows what he meant by being trapped by this game please explain this to me..serious question, serious answer please... It's my fault here that I fail to understand this point of view and I'm asking for help here.

!S

Originally posted by swindlers

People bringing up negative facts about the game and company,trolls. Cheerleaders that come in and bash people making these points,that's ok. Amazing what 3k a month will get you. These weren't issues over the past year when folks were talking about this failing company.

Where's Africa?

Rellay people? Nothing to complain about?

Would be fine if they were all "FACTS" as you say, but they are NOT all facts. Hell your post isn't completely Factual now is it?

RA PROMISED??? to save everything lol REALLY?? wow I was never promised anything like this.I want my money back!

Where's the training server? who knows, who cares?  There's a LIVE server though!  what more do you want?

Africa?  were you promised this too? I wasn't...TBH I would love to have seen that happen , don't you think they would have loved to make it happen?

EVERYONE LEFT?? Who the hell am I paying subs out to then???

So now what's your complaint again?  Please tell me.

Show me where it states I need to explain anything to you as a paying customer. If anyone hiding facts here, its people such as yourself.

The end.

But since you come off like your stamping your feet while replying to me....

"From the Senior Producer, GOPHUR

You may not know it but you've been seeing the RA project for years. At it's core RA was never initiated as a game product but instead as a series of tools. A project to define the tools that we'd need to advance the genre of wargaming. Your first glimpse may have been the North Africa terrain demos we used. Then you may have seen the training instances that defined the ability to have multiple large play spaces. If you've played the RA Beta then you've seen the advanced objectives scenarios that are now possible.

Rapid Assault as a project is about creating new technologies as well as addressing some deficiencies inherent in the WWIIOL game engine and game systems. This project will continue. This project MUST continue. Not only for our next game product but for the future of WWIIOL style simulation wargaming."

Where is RA? Offline.

Where's Africa?

For the record, I'm not calling anyone a troll, I'm just trying to understand why people feel like they need to trash a game that they don't play. If I don't like a game, I uninstall it and move on to another.

RA was not promised to save everything. It was developed to attract a different type of gamer to an instant action type game. It also served as a test bed for technology to be brought to the main game.

The training server has been suspended so that resources can be devoted to the main game server. I'd rather this happen than for them to try and manage two servers halfway.

Where's Africa?

Africa was hinted at years ago, to coincide with the release of TE2, which has not gotten off the ground. Disappointing, but it is what it is. Ideally we all would like to see WWIIOL 2.0 some day, but there never was a guarantee of that.

Everyone has not left. Staff has admittedly been trimmed back in order to keep the game running.

I don't think anyone is claiming the game is without flaws, but there is not any other game out there that comes close to it. People enjoy it, and many do still play it. In fact numbers are growing. You all are certainly free to voice your opinion, but so are we.

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

For the record, I'm not calling anyone a troll, I'm just trying to understand why people feel like they need to trash a game that they don't play. If I don't like a game, I uninstall it and move on to another.

Exactly

Just because they can't enjoy a game, no one else can 

Did CRS promise to marry you, give you a ring and then dump ya at the alter?

You say you are here to warn others of this game>

Warn them of what?

It's free to play, free to try, free to uninstall.

Some of you are just plain vindictive and maybe a tiny bit psychotic.

Its a free world and of course everyones entitled to their opinions, but are you guys the official MMOP Police?

Do you feel the need to serve & protect the online gaming community form the horrors of WWII Onlne.

You guys are a sad joke honestly.

People are coming here and actually laughing about some of you guys

Edit

Never mind. My intention isn't to have a pissing contest with cheerleaders here.

Originally posted by pittpete

Exactly

Just because they can't enjoy a game, no one else can 

Did CRS promise to marry you, give you a ring and then dump ya at the alter?

You say you are here to warn others of this game>

Warn them of what?

It's free to play, free to try, free to uninstall.

Some of you are just plain vindictive and maybe a tiny bit psychotic.

Its a free world and of course everyones entitled to their opinions, but are you guys the official MMOP Police?

Do you feel the need to serve & protect the online gaming community form the horrors of WWII Onlne.

You guys are a sad joke honestly.

People are coming here and actually laughing about some of you guys

If we are that pathetic as you say then what do you care what we say over here? Are YOU the MMOP police then? If the game is as great as you say then why don't you just go back to the game and play?  But yes there is a reason you are here, sent by xoom.  If the game is so awesome then why are so many people butt hurt as you say?  

We are not hurting the game.  The game hurt itself. 

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233
    Then why did you join these forums just last week, if not to rag on the game or insult people that still like to play it?

It's pathetic that you feel it is reasonable to piss all over a games populations cornflakes on a forum on which the game is advertisd.

It's also pretty weak to say you are not hurting the game when you clearly state you are trying to stop people playing wwiiol in other posts and threads.

Edit

Never mind. My intention isn't to have a pissing contest with cheerleaders here.

Who's having a pissing contest Anyway? I asked you a Direct question and are still waiting for an answer. I think I will go on waiting for a long time.

EDIT: Just to be clear,I am not stomping my feet at all at you, I don't even know you, but rather trying to understand you...really trying.

Where is RA? Who cares...did you play it when it was online? do you miss it or something? Just a guestion.

Edit

Who's having a pissing contest Anyway? I asked you a Direct question and are still waiting for an answer. I think I will go on waiting for a long time.

EDIT: Just to be clear,I am not stomping my feet at all at you, I don't even know you, but rather trying to understand you...really trying.

Where is RA? Who cares...did you play it when it was online? do you miss it or something? Just a guestion.

Seeing you don't put any food on my plate. Nor do you have any impact on my life. Yes, you will be waiting awhile. Get over yourself and accept my OPINION for what it is.

Edit

Seeing you don't put any food on my plate. Nor do you have any impact on my life. Yes, you will be waiting awhile. Get over yourself and accept my OPINION for what it is.

Ok ...So now it's an Opinion and not "facts" good enough for me, that's all you had to say man...was that so bad? And I do have an imact on your life, just as you do mine, you are here with me arent you? And I do accept your Opinion and respect it as yours...It's when "Opinion" get's promoted as fact , where I have the problem. Nothing personal . 

Edit

Ok ...So now it's an Opinion and not "facts" good enough for me, that's all you had to say man...was that so bad? And I do have an imact on your life, just as you do mine, you are here with me arent you? And I do accept your Opinion and respect it as yours...It's when "Opinion" get's promoted as fact , where I have the problem. Nothing personal . 

Grow up. You speak as if this thread is about you.

I assure you,its not about you. Carry on. Move on. Whatever it is you need to do.

Swindlers! Could you please say that to the other people who have been "afflicted" by CRS because it's pretty canned obvious they certainly need it more wrath!!

Edit

I assure you,its not about you. Carry on. Move on. Whatever it is you need to do.

Struck a nerve huh lol ...  Some of You guys have been running down the game so long that the myths became fact to you, and now you're understandably mad at me for calling you out on them...I'll move on, when I see a fair shake given to us that play the game..you and others like you are screwing us that still play the game, by emotional posting and your post's have almost all reflected this.

It's Fine if you dont like the game and it's DEVs but be let's be HONEST! for a change, to potential subscribers for OUR sake. Or it becomes a problem for us who still play...Fair Enough?  Probably not,  judging by your last responce to a serious question...BTW this post IS NOT a flame..it is what it is and nothing hidden. Wish I could say the same for your reply.

!S 

LATE EDIT: I'd like to add that I think there's some common ground with you, me, and the players..I hope we could discuss more of the common ground and less of what we disagree with. I really think we could have a better time. If not then I wish you the best anyway.

• argelargel Member Posts: 34

This is the single most abject and pathetic thing on this forum. A person so obviously beaten he resorts to simply making obtuse insults to avoid answering the questions that would expose him as the petty troll that he is.

Originally posted by argel

This is the single most abject and pathetic thing on this forum. A person so obviously beaten he resorts to simply making obtuse insults to avoid answering the questions that would expose him as the petty troll that he is.

You mean like what you just did?

Said response by swindlers was actually to an open and accepting response by wrath, so yes, I would agree with argel that swindlers screwed the pooch by offering a pretty sh*t reply.