Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what archeage missing is....

Bobbie203Bobbie203 Member Posts: 136

half naked chick, or a 8 year old girl in thongs.

thank god :p

or thong plate armour for women.

Comments

• pausenpausen Member Posts: 10

not in my fantasy *sing

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

the only thing it is missing is a western publisher.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• Bobbie203Bobbie203 Member Posts: 136

seriously its a sign of fresh air, no more plate bikinis  or women with thong stocking mages.

For once its real armour and clothing.

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

server is up

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by DannyGlover

maybe not the only thing but what it misss the most.

Same thought i had when I saw the title. :)

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Originally posted by Loke666

Also had the same thought. The game needs a developer and some followers with a bit of common sense. GW2 is a lost case on this regard. Judging from the OP's attitude towards other games, Archeage is not on a good foot either.

Bigotry is not a good sign of a healthy community.

• SelfDestructProSelfDestructPro Member UncommonPosts: 323

This.  Seriously, when is this going to happen?

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

the only thing its missing is non tab target system :(

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

Originally posted by Xasapis

Also had the same thought. The game needs a developer and some followers with a bit of common sense. GW2 is a lost case on this regard. Judging from the OP's attitude towards other games, Archeage is not on a good foot either.

Wow, you give these speeches in every game forum? I guess you have to, since using your logic every community is bad.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Not every community, no. We're not even a "community" in the sense of being a percentage of people playing MMOs, we're such a small insignificant minority, it's not even funny.

Still, Archeage seem to have a lot of thins in its favor in terms of features. It certainly does not need people like the OP taking obvious stabs at other games, that behavior is usually reserved for games with issues.

Anyway, I'm as much to blame as the OP I guess, for swallowing his obvious troll bait.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

fanboyism is like war, it will always exist 

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Well, nothing wrong with player created content, i'd love to visit a brothel where femme fatalles dance on poles, or where you can rent a hooker for 30 minutes...  Adding to the games economy, i would love to be the pimp pushing those poor souls around and taking their money...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

For me personally(this conotates that its my opinion)...

1)Non-tab targeting

2)Publisher

3)The gathering nodes look more like themepark nodes, than sandbox resources. The mining resources specifically. Im not sure if you can mine any rock you see though or just the shiny ones. Again, I may be wrong about this.

4)First-person only

5)Full Loot (do items even have durability without the option to repair them?)

6) Fully skill based- (wheres swimming/climbing/taste identification) skill?

• legendsololegendsolo Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Originally posted by xDayx

more casual stuff is being added to AA lately, durability is to hardcore.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by legendsolo

So no durability because only crafters liked that idea? So craters get crapped on again. Durability is in so many games and not a huge deal. The amount of money you make from quests, loot, missions, selling stuff you are telling me they cant afford a few $$$ to repair an item? Seriously?

Going to be another loot based economy? Or did i misread that?

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by Onomas

So no durability because only crafters liked that idea? So craters get crapped on again. Durability is in so many games and not a huge deal. The amount of money you make from quests, loot, missions, selling stuff you are telling me they cant afford a few $$$ to repair an item? Seriously?

First i will tell you the experiments with the repair system, durability was always present part of the items:

1. until CBT4, to repair an item you had to go to a blacksmith and pay him gold to do it.

2. end of CBT4, they added a new system to experiment with, in this system to repair an item you had to sacrifice another item (using one item to repair another item), some way of item sink, but eventually they went back to:

3. repair items with gold, and the blacksmith.

Another thing Song is talking about is how to upgrade the items, and that looks like this, you craft a level 20 item, use that item and more resources to craft the level 24 item, then again use that item+mats to craft the level 30 item... this way up to level 50 item. There is a chance that the crafting will fail and the item gets lost, that chance of fail is higher with the items level.

So to get a level 50 item you need to go through this process 20-24-30-34-40-44-50, with a chance to fail, also there are 2 random stats being generated each time for the item which can be from +1 to +9 (attribute bonus, the usual stats STR, DEX...etc). Btw we are talking about set items, each armor set consist of 7 items (7 items level 20, 7 items level 24), and ofc using 3, 5, 7 items from the set you will get various bonuses. And now the next random factor about crafting level 44+ items, there are more version of sets, for level 44 there are 4 sets for each cloth/leather/plate armor type, until then it was only 1 per level. So again you need to be lucky to get the right set part at level 44.

As you see there are many random factors when crafting armors (its different for weapons and accessory, for them you have random rarity too, didn't notice that with set items).

And to get the best endgame gear won't be easy like in themepark MMO's, and won't happen fast, it will be time consuming, which is good.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by LlexX

First i will tell you the experiments with the repair system, durability was always present part of the items:

1. until CBT4, to repair an item you had to go to a blacksmith and pay him gold to do it.

2. end of CBT4, they added a new system to experiment with, in this system to repair an item you had to sacrifice another item (using one item to repair another item), some way of item sink, but eventually they went back to:

Another thing Song is talking about is how to upgrade the items, and that looks like this, you craft a level 20 item, use that item and more resources to craft the level 24 item, then again use that item+mats to craft the level 30 item... this way up to level 50 item. There is a chance that the crafting will fail and the item gets lost, that chance of fail is higher with the items level.

So to get a level 50 item you need to go through this process 20-24-30-34-40-44-50, with a chance to fail, also there are 2 random stats being generated each time for the item which can be from +1 to +9 (attribute bonus, the usual stats STR, DEX...etc). Btw we are talking about set items, each armor set consist of 7 items (7 items level 20, 7 items level 24), and ofc using 3, 5, 7 items from the set you will get various bonuses. And now the next random factor about crafting level 44+ items, there are more version of sets, for level 44 there are 4 sets for each cloth/leather/plate armor type, until then it was only 1 per level. So again you need to be lucky to get the right set part at level 44.

As you see there are many random factors when crafting armors (its different for weapons and accessory, for them you have random rarity too, didn't notice that with set items).

And to get the best endgame gear won't be easy like in themepark MMO's, and won't happen fast, it will be time consuming, which is good.

Doesnt seem bad. Think i played another game with almost the same design.

Thanks for clearing that up. Love my crafting :)

So take it crafting will be a singluar job (one item at a time) and no way to mass produce items (like potions)?

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

I don't think you misread it at all. This is a game killer for me since crafting is why I play MMO's. Without decay/durability, I won't leave my current lackluster crafting system for another to start over in.

• DartimienDartimien Member Posts: 3

For me personally(this conotates that its my opinion)...

1)Non-tab targeting

2)Publisher

3)The gathering nodes look more like themepark nodes, than sandbox resources. The mining resources specifically. Im not sure if you can mine any rock you see though or just the shiny ones. Again, I may be wrong about this.

4)First-person only

6) Fully skill based- (wheres swimming/climbing/taste identification) skill?

I have yet to be convinced that a tab targeting system is inferior to a non-tab targeting system. One makes the game a game of skill shots, while the other leaves room for more variation and complexity.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

But that's not going to go over well in the west. It seems the east likes their gambling and chance games (something I was also told by a Lineage 2 Senior Game Master at a Gen Con) but whenver there is random anything it seems that players in the west don't like it.

They don't want "a chance to lose an item" based on a random number generator.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by Sovrath

But that's not going to go over well in the west. It seems the east likes their gambling and chance games (something I was also told by a Lineage 2 Senior Game Master at a Gen Con) but whenver there is random anything it seems that players in the west don't like it.

Yeah, most of the players on the west can't stand the gambling and losing of stuffs, they like to get stuff easily. However there are many of us, who still like these types of games more, because its more challenging.

And i don't care how many people will be play AA on the west, i don't expect to have millions of subscribers as WoW, GW2... Player numbers doesn't mean quality anymore!

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

Yeah, most of the players on the west can't stand the gambling and losing of stuffs, they like to get stuff easily. However there are many of us, who still like these types of games more, because its more challenging.

And i don't care how many people will be play AA on the west, i don't expect to have millions of subscribers as WoW, GW2... Player numbers doesn't mean quality anymore!

What's "challenging" about a random number generator?

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh

What's "challenging" about a random number generator?

It's not that I/we don't like a challenge, but we don't like our games to feel like jobs. We like them to be games, they're for fun, immersion, etc. I don't find the prospect of losing all my stuff cuz of some jerk ganking me to be fun, I find it obnoxious. Challenges should come from the actual gameplay/content. Dungeons should be challenging, my walking across a field to farm materials for crafting shouldn't be frought with challenges and the risk of losing everything I've worked hard for in the past lol. There are plenty of ways you can make a game challenging without making it feel like you've been totally effed over cause some dude across the country is feeling pressed that day. I played WoW for years, I play GW2 currently but I've also played sandbox games and enjoyed them for what they were. I'm capable of liking multiple types of games, and AA is a hybrid between the two which is what I'm looking for, so I'm sure I will really enjoy it at least for a while. By the way, the whole "western players don't like this or that" thing is an outdated argument, I've heard many japanese and korean players complain about the same things with the games over there, I've had conversations with eastern players about the "difference in philosophy" and by and large they're not all THAT different anymore. Many of them don't like grindy & repetitive leveling, they just dealt with it because that's all that was ever available until recently. It's not so black/white anymore..

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Not every community, no. We're not even a "community" in the sense of being a percentage of people playing MMOs, we're such a small insignificant minority, it's not even funny.

Still, Archeage seem to have a lot of thins in its favor in terms of features. It certainly does not need people like the OP taking obvious stabs at other games, that behavior is usually reserved for games with issues.

Anyway, I'm as much to blame as the OP I guess, for swallowing his obvious troll bait.

I tend to agree with the OP that if a person is to wear armor to protect themselves from being slashed to death with swords, they wouldn't make it as skimpy and as sexy as possible.

I guess I'm a bigot who is filled with hate though?

Or just reasonable.  Either way.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

I'm going to have to go with Gwapo...

I don't mind losing stuff. Not at all. But I would rather have it be because of some mistake on my part, or an actual test of skill maybe (?) as opposed to a dice rolling.

If a "challenge" is a test of one's ability then I want my ability tested. And again, if losing means "losing an item or xp or a level" then so be it.

But based on a dice roll? Not that I won't play Archeage but that part is not my cup of tea.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo