Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you pay 60$ for the new expansion?

Comments

• ennymithennymith Member UncommonPosts: 121

The only thing I would give Anet $60 for now would be for a chance to off Trahearne.

Why pay for more of the same, which in this case is the same old tired grind and cash shop gamblefest Asia loves to produce, when most of that market is going F2P?

I doubt there will ever be another buy to play effort out of NCSoft. 

My guess is GW2 will be going free to play anytime now.

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

Unfortunatly no.

The game is just bad in terms of PvP, but great in everything else. Unless there is an insane change in their pvp system nothing would bring me back.

On the bright side, i think ANET is an awesome company. They aren't scums or d*cks, which other company do you know offer you a refund past 3-4month into the game? I have high respect for ANET (even though their class balancing and pvp is fail) and wouldn't mind trying other games they have.

• cptndunselcptndunsel Member UncommonPosts: 136

not a chance.

game is still full of bugs which have been there since pre-release.

no end game.

wvw and spvp get boring quickly.

dungeon grind for tokens for gear with same stats as crafted gear - just a time sink.

all the special events to-date have had major issues.

anet is not a very friendly group and have a very heavy hand in their forums.

I don't see the point of wasting $ for more of the same. I leveled 3 to 80 and ... yeah, bored to death now.

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

I feel like this is a loaded poll. Without a "Let me see the result" or "I don't play the game" option, you're definitely going to get response skewed heavily in favor of no. 

That being said, I voted yes because I like the game and my expectation of the content ArenaNet would deliver in an expansion would be well worth $60. 

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    I stopped playing about a month after release, and have no plans on going back.  So my "no" answer really doesn't count, as I have no intention of reinstalling the game anyway.  Really, I'm not even sure why I'm posting here.  Help me.  Please.
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077
    It won't be 60 dollars, lol...Maybe 40.
  • grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162
    not just no but f-no. I'm not stupid enough to give them money twice.
  • bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595

Bravo you have managed to generate 13 - edit: sorry, 12 - pages and counting of nothing.  People who hate the game say no, people who like the game say yes with a few who say depending on content.    Terrible poll - or excellent if this is what you intended as I am pretty sure you did. 

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Yeah, i read that thread title and the first word that popped into my head as a modifier for "no" started with an F and sounded a lot like the word pluck.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

GW2 was the biggest disappointment to me of 2012. I played even Diablo 3 more and enjoyed it more than GW2.

I wil not buy any of the expansions unless they are all bundled together on steam one day or something, this game is dead to me, havent logged on in months and already got secret world for $12.99 and enjoyed that mroe than GW2 also.....

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by khameleon

GW2 was the biggest disappointment to me of 2012. I played even Diablo 3 more and enjoyed it more than GW2.

I wil not buy any of the expansions unless they are all bundled together on steam one day or something, this game is dead to me, havent logged on in months and already got secret world for $12.99 and enjoyed that mroe than GW2 also.....

They were both pretty bad IMO.  I'd say diablo 3 was the bigger dissapointment, since at least MOST of what GW2 was about was made clear in the beginning, it just didnt occur to you how badly the idea worked until you actually played it extensively.

Diablo 3 had all kinds of hidden bullshit that you didnt find out about til longer after you bought the game and invested time in it.  Only to realize that the fun parts of an ARPG don't exist in Diablo 3.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Depends on the content and the updates made to the game.
  • GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

NCSoft/Anet doesnt care about the people on their forums since weeks. All they do is deleteing or moving postings.

They dont react to good suggestions, they currently dont give a ratsass about their customers.

Everyone will see that if the expansion release gets close that suddenly all the friendly  listening Moderators and Developers are back to talk about player concerns.

After the expansions has been sold for a few weeks they will go back to Business as usuall and give another ratsass about their customers until another expansion comes out.......

This company has completly failed in customer relationship. They are only nice and helpfull when they have something new to make profit.

Their Motto is "Once they paid, ignore them......until next time "

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Goromhir

NCSoft/Anet doesnt care about the people on their forums since weeks. All they do is deleteing or moving postings.

They dont react to good suggestions, they currently dont give a ratsass about their customers.

Everyone will see that if the expansion release gets close that suddenly all the friendly  listening Moderators and Developers are back to talk about player concerns.

After the expansions has been sold for a few weeks they will go back to Business as usuall and give another ratsass about their customers until another expansion comes out.......

This company has completly failed in customer relationship. They are only nice and helpfull when they have something new to make profit.

Then after reading the above drivel you see a thread like this where the devs are going out of their way to communicate with the fans about the happenings in the game...

Oderint, dum metuant.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Goromhir

You obviously don't play the game or even read the official forums. A.Net does go out of their way to communicate but fans can be blind and hateful.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by uknortherner

Well, what a surprise. As soon as I saw the thread author's name, I knew that this would be a drive-by baiting thread, and surprise, surprise... It is.

What a sad and pathetic life he must live.

A what now? Drive-by baiting thread? What the funk did I just read. 

It's in the GW2 subforums, no?

It's a simple question, no?

What if the results had been +60% Yes. Would it still have been baiting then according to you? If not, why isn't the inverse true? Forget completely for a second who the OP was.

Originally posted by Serelisk

I feel like this is a loaded poll. Without a "Let me see the result" or "I don't play the game" option, you're definitely going to get response skewed heavily in favor of no. 

That being said, I voted yes because I like the game and my expectation of the content ArenaNet would deliver in an expansion would be well worth $60. 

Like Serelisk said. I'm missing a 3rd option.

• uknortherneruknortherner Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by NBlitz

Well, what a surprise. As soon as I saw the thread author's name, I knew that this would be a drive-by baiting thread, and surprise, surprise... It is.

What if the results had been +60% Yes. Would it still have been baiting then according to you? If not, why isn't the inverse true? Forget completely for a second who the OP was.

Drive-by baiting in the sense that 1) He plucked a figure of $60 out of his backside, 2) His posting history with regards to GW2 is overwhelmingly negative, and 3) He hasn't returned to comment on the poll results so far, or has even attempted to pass along his own opnion on such matters.

Therefore, a "drive-by baiting thread".

EDIT: To answer your final point - yes, it would still have been baiting regardless of which side of the fence you sit on. The question posed is vague to the point of meaningless, so the result is irrelevent whether it's 60% one way or another. There is no context being offered here by the OP and he has singularly failed to contribute to this useless thread since he started it.

• tkoreapertkoreaper Member UncommonPosts: 412
    Originally posted by Serelisk

Like Serelisk said. I'm missing a 3rd option.

Either you're going to buy it or you're not. Saying "maybe" is the same as saying no because you have no/very little faith in whatever they put out next.

If you don't play anymore then vote no or if you haven't played then don't vote.

Drive-by baiting in the sense that 1) He plucked a figure of $60 out of his backside, 2) His posting history with regards to GW2 is overwhelmingly negative, and 3) He hasn't returned to comment on the poll results so far, or has even attempted to pass along his own opnion on such matters.

True we won't know what the expansion is going to cost. Probably way less. I don't think the price is the gist of the poll but okay.

His post history doesn't help, nor that he hasn't responded. But I still don't see what his post history has to do with the gist of what the poll is about "will you or will you not buy it?". He couldn't have known the outcome beforehand.

Edit: he could've worded it differently but didn't. I can see why it would be considered baiting.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by tkoreaper
    [mod edit]

I think it is a great game - thanks - [mod edit]

• tkoreapertkoreaper Member UncommonPosts: 412
    Originally posted by botrytis
    [mod edit]

There's no hate involved... I just refuse to support a game that isn't worth my time. It was decent up to lvl 80 and then it's nothing but grind grind grind. I honestly would rather play a themepark like WoW than this, at least the grind isn't as apparent in those. I've never seen a game with so little development like this one... It would be understandable if there were no cash shop. It begs the question of where all the money is going... It's starting to look like another repeat of GW1 where content releases took a long time. Couple all this with several issues that have existed since release and you have a rather poor game.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by botrytis
    [mod edit]

There's no hate involved... I just refuse to support a game that isn't worth my time. It was decent up to lvl 80 and then it's nothing but grind grind grind. I honestly would rather play a themepark like WoW than this, at least the grind isn't as apparent in those. I've never seen a game with so little development like this one... It would be understandable if there were no cash shop. It begs the question of where all the money is going... It's starting to look like another repeat of GW1 where content releases took a long time. Couple all this with several issues that have existed since release and you have a rather poor game.

This pic is a little dated now, but it's definitely been worth my time...

I must say... I do look dashing.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Absolutely nothing wrong with the game as it launched my concerns and thus hiatus started after they made poor management decisions about the direction and design post launch to accommodate the haters many of which are in these very forums, the ones who said the game absolutely had to have a gear treadmill and a dungeon only focus. Well you got your wish why aren't you jumping right into it? huh? yeah....

Unless they return to their open world focus in loot, DE metas, and fix gamebreaker mechanics like MF/DR and fix my class which has been in beta since before launch, there's really no point in logging in.

My complaint is they either got greedy or they started listening to the haters who wanted to turn this game into something it's not just to try to satisfy a tiny portion of the gaming population, look what happened to the game after they did that. No one in the world accept in the level 1-15 areas, everyone either on the island or in WvW or my personal favorite, hanging out in LA asking for a group for FotM.

They have three months to return it to what it was and fix the fiasco created by FotM and Ascended gear, neither of which this game needed at all.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

True we won't know what the expansion is going to cost. Probably way less. I don't think the price is the gist of the poll but okay.

His post history doesn't help, nor that he hasn't responded. But I still don't see what his post history has to do with the gist of what the poll is about "will you or will you not buy it?". He couldn't have known the outcome beforehand.

Edit: he could've worded it differently but didn't. I can see why it would be considered baiting.

I haven't responded, because I was just interested in the results.  To me seeing a swing of about 80% over these few months has been fascinating. At launch this type of poll of poll would have been around 70%-30% for approve.

Within the mountain of "I just don't know," "this aspect sucks,"  post of mine, you'll find my first 3 weeks of play posts, where I say things like "WvW is incredible." and how the animations "just feel right." I was even posting screen shots. 

I may not share your opinions, but my opinions and angst about this type of mmorpg are real. Call me crazy, but in someway I hope that if the community gives honest feedback about the games we play, good, or bad we'll get better products.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"