Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Giving this game another shot.

I decided to try this game again only because some friends are playing again and I like playing with these guys so much that I'm in. 

I'm actually really enjoying the game right now.  I know most people are very vocal about how much they dislike this game, myself included, but here are the things I noticed and how I am playing, which I think is the main factor in my enjoyment of the game. 

Well the server I'm on is full now.  This was a huge reason I left, the last server I played on was a ghost town.  Mergers helped out a lot and I guess F2P too.

I'm soloing some of my story line and that's it!  Like I said, I have a great static group and it is probably %80 of why I am having a good time.  We unlock all the group quests on each planet and then run flashpoints and pvp.  We do some solo quests here and there to unlock stuff, but we do as much group content as possible, and keep up our story.   We do have to run some flashpoints maybe twice, but that's not that much of a problem. 

The thing I noticed that still bugs me is the layout of the zones.  This still feels, stuffy, enclosed, I have always struggled to describe exactly what it is about them, but a big part of it is that we are so damn isolated from the other faction.  I love PVP in this game.  I know there are some balance issues right now, but it's still fun.  This has always been one of the things that kept me playing.  I don't always like PVP in games, but in this one, it's fun.  I just wish I would run into more of the opposite faction out in the world. 

Space combat probably still sucks, but the good part is that I don't know because I have't had a reason to try it again. 

The group content in this game is fun.  The story has always been decent if not good.  It's certainly not my favorite  type of design for an MMO, but I'm better with it now that I've gotten over my initial disapointment. 

Comments

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Glad you're having fun and welcome back. :)

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• SmintarSmintar Member UncommonPosts: 214
    I came back to give it another shot,Dec 5th till today today I decided to remove it again from my HD. I have 2 50's sith and smuggler, and 5 others  been working on a BH who is a 44 but so much frustration in the game, mission bugs if you get caught up in a mission only remedy is to use your fleet pass and then reset, u cant do it in a mission (class) Lagg is still a issue, I have a good connection with DSL but when population is somewhat heavy 50-100 in an area my character literally stops wont move for several seconds. I could provide a long negative list but I am sure some of these issue you may or may not have. End game is nothing but a repetitive missions grinding for medals etc and for what? When I read the state of the game it turned me off improvements ?? its just isn't worth my time to bother with it anymore I am offically done with it and its time to move on to something else. At this momnet in time I really dont see much maybe Archmage or Pathfinder time will tell.
  • Demmi77Demmi77 Member UncommonPosts: 229

if you stick with a group of friends and have a good time that's all that matters.

swtor was never meant as a open world pvp game unfortunately , just wasn't implemented correctly :( I feel you on that level. Warzones are addictive and fun though and if you have a group of friends you'll enjoy them even more.

im not into flashpoints or raids as much as i was when i was younger kid. most of the game is centered around this at level 50 so if you enjoy it you'll enjoy endgame.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

If you are not level 50 PvP is quite decent.

But i must warn you, when you hit 50 its 180 degrees turn, game has huge balance issues that only became worse after each patch. If you dont play one of the select classes you prepare to be roflstomped (smashers FTW).

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677
    Originally posted by mikahr

If you are not level 50 PvP is quite decent.

But i must warn you, when you hit 50 its 180 degrees turn, game has huge balance issues that only became worse after each patch. If you dont play one of the select classes you prepare to be roflstomped (smashers FTW).

I really like pvp before 50 in SWToR. Most of the Warzones are quite a bit of fun. At 50, you tend to see more gear differences than before. You can also run into well coordinated groups while pugging quite a bit at 50 as well. Now, evenly matched teams at 50 can be fun.

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    I've been a big nay sayer since I quit playing about a month after launch. I started playing again about a week ago because a friend talked me into it. I am enjoying the for the most part, but I can't help but keep a running list of things that I am disappointed about. I also can't help but  keep in mind that it is a game that will never grow into anything and it will basically limp along. I am having fun for now, but those things weigh on my mind.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!