Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

so, since they aren't fixing culling..

13»

Comments

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by NaughtyP
    This is the biggest reason I no longer play. If they fixed this I would come back and give it another go. I'm a little bit skeptical they will get it fixed though. I understand why WAR had so many problems because of the collision detection they were doing, but ANET has no such excuse for this.

Why not? DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS? Or are you assuming it is different because it is A.Net. Messing around with a game engine is a PITA and can have unknown consequences. I have a feeling if and when this is fixed, people will complain because they think something else is broken.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by botrytis

As was quoted earlier in this thread, it is a complex issue and many departments probably have parts in fixing this. Coordinating that work is a PITA though.

Let us wait and see.

Thats it, its now "as is", either you accept it, and since you know it exists adapt to it the best you can.

The problem are people like OP that dont know what an issue actually is and skip right to "nerf thieves" lol, and dont undersatnd thief would need complete reworking and you would end up with a warrior lol

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by mikahr

As was quoted earlier in this thread, it is a complex issue and many departments probably have parts in fixing this. Coordinating that work is a PITA though.

Let us wait and see.

Thats it, its now "as is", either you accept it, and since you know it exists adapt to it the best you can.

The problem are people like OP that dont know what an issue actually is and skip right to "nerf thieves" lol

True - that happened in Rift with Saboteurs at the begiining (when people whined incessantly about how OP they were, without figuring out ways to deal with them). People always thing something is OP when they get killed too much in PvP.

True - that happened in Rift with Saboteurs at the begiining (when people whined incessantly about how OP they were, without figuring out ways to deal with them). People always thing something is OP when they get killed too much in PvP.

Yah, i guess when he played there werent enough guardians and mesmers to slap him around a bit ;P

Or he never met a nice melee train :)

There is still lack of good elemetalists, those are quite annoying too, but i guess skill cap is much higher than above classes.

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by Fearum
    Originally posted by Marcus-
    Originally posted by cptndunsel

as they showed with the orb fiasco - they have a serious design flaw in wvw and i don't believe they are able to fix it without serious effort. anet has no desire to spend time and money on this as it cuts into profit so they hope the player base will learn to accept it.

for this and other reasons (mainly defects) I refuse to waste my time in wvw aside from monthly kills needed.

What a ridiculous statement...

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Update-on-Culling/first#post1137307

or do you mean WvW as a whole, and the announced update they have coming in Feb?

To say they have no desire to spend time and effort on WvW, in whichever manner you are reffering, when they clearly have already stated they are.... is well, ridiculous.

They have to waste all their staff on holiday events and cash shops items to worry about other things in the game like WvW. They need to get paid.

I like RvR type gameplay, i like it a lot. I liked in DAoC, and i liked it in Warhammer. Its the main reason i purchased GW2, with that said...

I'm glad they do holiday events, it keeps the game fresh for me, and can impeed that monotonous feeling from showing up sooner than i like.  I really hope they do more of them. Any type of special event makes the game feel more alive to me, and lets me know the devs are still taking the game very seriously.  I haven't seen a lot of items added to the cash shop, so you'll forgive me if i take them at the word, more than i take you at yours?

I seriously doubt the guys "wasting away" on the holiday events are the same as the ones on WvW, or the guys working on cash shop items, but who knows, right? WvW needs work, no doubt, I'm hoping for some good things, but expecting less.

We'll see.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Fearum
    Originally posted by Marcus-
    Originally posted by cptndunsel

as they showed with the orb fiasco - they have a serious design flaw in wvw and i don't believe they are able to fix it without serious effort. anet has no desire to spend time and money on this as it cuts into profit so they hope the player base will learn to accept it.

for this and other reasons (mainly defects) I refuse to waste my time in wvw aside from monthly kills needed.

What a ridiculous statement...

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Update-on-Culling/first#post1137307

or do you mean WvW as a whole, and the announced update they have coming in Feb?

To say they have no desire to spend time and effort on WvW, in whichever manner you are reffering, when they clearly have already stated they are.... is well, ridiculous.

They have to waste all their staff on holiday events and cash shops items to worry about other things in the game like WvW. They need to get paid.

Let us wait and see.

I'am not waiting to see, I'am pretty much done with the game. B2P is all about the cash shop and events, they let the core game go and only worried about getting your cc info to keep making money.  

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

I'm actually old school pvp, Sullon Zek, SWG,  DAoC, WAR.

I bought GW2 only for it's WvWvW, because that's the pvp I prefer, realm vs realm.

When we left in October, the issue was thief perma stealthing entire armies, I saw and experienced this. I also was fighting the good fight before this tactic became rampant, and there wasn't an issue for myself on my rig not seeing zergs coming at us from great distances.

Invisible zergs though that continued to stay invised while fighting is a whole different scenario.

Also,

my suggestion was not a nerf, it was actually made to allow them to keep their class abilities and NOT nerf them, but to add the fact that thieves live in the shadows (i.e. shadow world) and should not be able to hide from each other as a fix to the problem.

Additionally,

The long link from 3 months ago was the link I had talked about earlier, but mistakenly said it was a month ago. No, sadly that was 3 months ago, and it left the same taste in my mouth as it does now, nothing being done.

To also state that people didnt leave  the game because of the culling (thief cloaking) issue is ludicrous, most everyone I know left the game because of this issue, because we are realm vs realm players looking for a good realm vs realm game to play in. Most I know right now are playing PS2. They are quasi-happy because it's a good game and engine, but they are more D+D players than sci-fi.

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Originally posted by NaughtyP
    This is the biggest reason I no longer play. If they fixed this I would come back and give it another go. I'm a little bit skeptical they will get it fixed though. I understand why WAR had so many problems because of the collision detection they were doing, but ANET has no such excuse for this.

Why not? DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS? Or are you assuming it is different because it is A.Net. Messing around with a game engine is a PITA and can have unknown consequences. I have a feeling if and when this is fixed, people will complain because they think something else is broken.

Actually we all know what the problem is because ANET themselves have posted comments about the difficulties on several occassions. It's obviously broken. They are obviously having trouble fixing. You need to pick your battles a little better.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

It's too bad GW2 isn't smart enough to just copy TERAs idea for rendering. Low-res shadow figure of the person until your computer can render the character.

I still remember when I made that suggestion on the forums in a very long-winded post along with some other problems with WvW, I was then temp-banned for trolling and my post deleted. That's when I quit GW2.

• Whiskey_SamWhiskey_Sam Member UncommonPosts: 323
    Originally posted by Rider071

I bought GW2 only for it's WvWvW, because that's the pvp I prefer, realm vs realm.

When we left in October, the issue was thief perma stealthing entire armies, I saw and experienced this. I also was fighting the good fight before this tactic became rampant, and there wasn't an issue for myself on my rig not seeing zergs coming at us from great distances.

Invisible zergs though that continued to stay invised while fighting is a whole different scenario.

Also,

my suggestion was not a nerf, it was actually made to allow them to keep their class abilities and NOT nerf them, but to add the fact that thieves live in the shadows (i.e. shadow world) and should not be able to hide from each other as a fix to the problem.

Additionally,

The long link from 3 months ago was the link I had talked about earlier, but mistakenly said it was a month ago. No, sadly that was 3 months ago, and it left the same taste in my mouth as it does now, nothing being done.

To also state that people didnt leave  the game because of the culling (thief cloaking) issue is ludicrous, most everyone I know left the game because of this issue, because we are realm vs realm players looking for a good realm vs realm game to play in. Most I know right now are playing PS2. They are quasi-happy because it's a good game and engine, but they are more D+D players than sci-fi.

Thieves cannot perma-stealth entire armies.  You have no idea what you're talking about.

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318
    Originally posted by Whiskey_Sam

Also,

Additionally,

Thieves cannot perma-stealth entire armies.  You have no idea what you're talking about.

rofl.

Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

It's too bad GW2 isn't smart enough to just copy TERAs idea for rendering. Low-res shadow figure of the person until your computer can render the character.

I still remember when I made that suggestion on the forums in a very long-winded post along with some other problems with WvW, I was then temp-banned for trolling and my post deleted. That's when I quit GW2.

Rift does something like this and it sucks.  It just looks stupid.  I'm glad they didn't implement this idea.

I'm guessing you're a thief then if you'd rather just not have it fixed instead of implementing a fix that solves the problem but makes thing look "stupid".

I would take a shadow of an enemy before an invisible enemy anyday, just saying.

Invisible zergs and permastealth theives ruined PvP in GW2.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Also,

Additionally,

rofl.

You really dont. thieves have a limit on how many can be stealthed at once. it would take 6 thieves to keep 5 people invis permanently. 6 thieves...for 5 people. yeah. entire army eh?

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

Also,

Additionally,

lol, i must say i havent seen someone so ego hurted in a while.

Totally ignoring the facts is your strong point, go for it! :)

Oh, and i must ask you, how did you bypass the way GW2 engine works, did you add some code of your own? Since you obviously didnt have culling whatsoever (its all thieves i tell ya!) pass that code to GW2 so nobody has culling (since you are only one not having it) :)

"Invisible zerg" IS culling rofl, and "staying invisible" has nothing to do with thieves, man, youre so bad

Oh, and BTW, mesmer has ability to make whole army invisible, maybe it was those pesky mesmers! Never trust a mesmer i tell ya!

NURF MESMERS!

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

nor nerfing the thief's ability to make entire armies perma-invisible...

I had an idea to help save this game and bring people back....

Not sure about which people to bring back ... playing everyday with alts and have 8 of them between 16 and 23 ... wherever I choose to go there are always plenty of people. Not like day 1 but pretty a lot of them.

• khamul787khamul787 Member UncommonPosts: 193

Also,

Additionally,

rofl.

You really don't know what you're talking about, do you? Thieves *cannot* stealth more than five people at once, and even then, only for a few seconds, on a very long recharge. As someone who plays WvW every bloody day, this does not happen on any scale larger than 3-5 people. 

I don't care how you define culling, it is a term meaning armies of people not properly rendering in WvW (and elsewhere, but WvW is the problem) because there are too many people on screen. This is the cause of 100vs100 battles showing up with invisible armies.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Oh, hey, look at that! 

The new blob mentions they're working on getting rid of culling altogether.

Well, this thread just got silly.

Oderint, dum metuant.

I played the game for a long time and the problems with quick join Spvp and WvW on top of the shotty moderation on the forums made me quit, it's not like I never played, I have 450 hours played in GW2.

I also played on Stormbluff Isle.

• Dream_ChaserDream_Chaser Member Posts: 1,043

@Volkon

They say a lot of things, that's part of the problem. But their diligence to never, ever fix a single bug, instead choosing to rush out bug-ridden, unpolished content filled with exploits which they then ban people for, has completely turned me off this game. They say this, they say that, when they start doing is when I may pay attention.