Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter's Great Weapon Fighter class revealed

azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01/08/massively-exclusive-neverwinters-great-weapon-fighter-class-re/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&a_dgi=aolshare_twitter

Woot.  Finally a class I was destined to play.  So glad to see a 2H'ed class announced for release.  The one thing lacking for me in this game was a class I could call my own.Massively Exclusive - Neverwinter Great Weapon Fighter class revealed

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Comments

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

There is also a shadow figure at 1:15 that is carrying a bow and arrow standing next to the Great Weapon Fighter.  It may be the next announced class aside from the Divine Cleric.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Ranger most likely.  Ranger is in the works and was originally announced but Cryptic was having some issues with the class and are working on whatever it is but it;'s certainly not shelved.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250

The shadow figure is not a Player Character. It is a NPC named dusty who is dwarf ranger and accompanies the PC on their adventure aiding them.

Ranger class is in the works however.

--- as told by a dev in official NW forums

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Are these place holder class names during development?

Or are they really going to launch with classes named stuff like "control wizard" and "great weapon fighter"?

Because sounds cheesey.
  • TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Are these place holder class names during development?

Or are they really going to launch with classes named stuff like "control wizard" and "great weapon fighter"?

Because sounds cheesey.

I just wanted to +1 your comment lol

I'm going to assume they are place holder names... it may help me keep my sanity.

• allendale5allendale5 Member Posts: 124
    Can't wait for this game.  Got my pc mag beta code and mount ready.   Stocking up on girl scout cookies and diet coke. 

Control wizard, devoted cleric, warpriest, trickster rogue, brawny rogue are the names of recommended builds in 4e PnP.

Blame WotC to come up with cheezy names.

• ChadiwickerChadiwicker Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Originally posted by gillrmn

Control wizard, devoted cleric, warpriest, trickster rogue, brawny rogue are the names of recommended builds in 4e PnP.

Okay.  D**n you WotC!  ;)

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Chadiwicker

It does get better once you hit level 30 and get your paragon path.  With Class names like Iron Vanguard and Knight Protector.  Only have to put up with the cheese for a few levels.

Like the above stated AD&D has always been basic and dull on class names as they all stem from the Fighter, Magic-User, Thief, Cleric archtypes.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by Chadiwicker

It does get better once you hit level 30 and get your paragon path.  With Class names like Iron Vanguard and Knight Protector.  Only have to put up with the cheese for a few levels.

Like the above stated AD&D has always been basic and dull on class names as they all stem from the Fighter, Magic-User, Thief, Cleric archtypes.

I don't know what all have been implemented, but in PnP there are PP of "Dread reaper" "sword master" "polearm master" "Kensai" etc. And ofcourse, my favourite - "Silverstar"