Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

really amazed

2»

Comments

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292
    in future these treasure boxes will drop good skills, in chinese version people spend a lot time now to find them
  • darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Cranked my graphics to 1920X1080 full settings and get no lag the game is as smooth as butter,but if you want to appreciate the graphics pick a city then auto path to it and then you can appreciate how stunning the world is visually. 
    p>
  • tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Originally posted by Jean_Luc_Picard

I find the graphics generally ugly, with a clearly dated graphics engine lacking essential, not even modern, features. But then, that's only one of the many negative points... the whole game is an unfinished bugged amateur work, bad translations, the combat feels clunky. And don't get me even started on the "pay to win" cash shop.

One day, a developer (a real one, not some amateur) will make a sandbox game with high production quality, and that game will be successful. But this game for sure isn't it.

So, just joined, 2 anti AoW and one pro gw2 posts, spreading p2w word without backing it up. Hmmmmmm.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    How people can say this game has ugly graphics is beyond me. I already made more then 300 screenshots. While I made only a dozen when I played GW2 and even less in Archeage beta
  • darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Originally posted by mindw0rk
    How people can say this game has ugly graphics is beyond me. I already made more then 300 screenshots. While I made only a dozen when I played GW2 and even less in Archeage beta

Not only the graphics the motion capture is stunning some of the best I've seen as they actually had a Wushu master doing all the motion work. I just can not see how this game could be done any better graphically and maintain the high tempo combat  and capture that era and the spirit of all those brilliant Kung Fu movies and fight scenes.

p>
    Originally posted by parrotpholk

I love the graphics and style the game is presented in.  But lets be a little realistic.  Archeage blows this ones graphics out of the water.  I love AOW but AA is one of my most look forward to games out there in this genre.

Two screens made on high settings. You really think what is above "blows out of the water" what is below?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KUU83XMPDGY/UCiCWjG1RqI/AAAAAAAAAeM/_hxwoSHlg_8/s1600/archeage.jpg

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/2999/screenwm.jpg

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by parrotpholk

I love the graphics and style the game is presented in.  But lets be a little realistic.  Archeage blows this ones graphics out of the water.  I love AOW but AA is one of my most look forward to games out there in this genre.

Two screens made on high settings. You really think what is above "blows out of the water" what is below?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KUU83XMPDGY/UCiCWjG1RqI/AAAAAAAAAeM/_hxwoSHlg_8/s1600/archeage.jpg

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/2999/screenwm.jpg

They both look really good actually.

The problem with these types of screens is, on both of these games and almost every other game every...

you don't play in some crazy side view of your character. You are zoomed out to almost max so you can see more of the area...you have name plates over things, they are just as bad in AA as they are in AoW. It is not just asian mmo's even though they are rather known for awesome scenary with odd toons.

Eve has great amazing graphics...but you play it zoomed out half a mile from your ship so that the entire area becomes a bunch of HuD dots. I stopped listing graphics as a main concern when they all became good enough to not get in the way of the game. AA graphics are a plus but remeber

we all love the looks of the ui turned off but this is what we actually see most of the time

(from AA)

That is why AA looks fantastic but hopefully has so much more than just looks, and it appears that is the case I look forward to 2014 when it makes it state side.

• Sicc1Sicc1 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Not sure why people say AoW has bad visuals. They must be looking at screen shots on low settings or something. I have always ran it on ultra and it looks very good to me.

Darkfall - Sick
    Earthrise - Sick

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Maybe the reason this isn't like other "Asian MMOs" could be because people are usually thinking of Korean MMOs when they say that.  This one is Chinese.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Vhaln
    Maybe the reason this isn't like other "Asian MMOs" could be because people are usually thinking of Korean MMOs when they say that.  This one is Chinese.

And there seems to be a BIG difference.  First Chinese mmo I've ever played. A damn good showing of what they can do.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak

you don't play in some crazy side view of your character. You are zoomed out to almost max so you can see more of the area...you have name plates over things, they are just as bad in AA as they are in AoW. It is not just asian mmo's even though they are rather known for awesome scenary with odd toons.

I actually play without templates no problem, and there is very little unnecessary info on my screen. When I run/ride long distance I usually turn off UI with hotkey

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak

I actually play without templates no problem, and there is very little unnecessary info on my screen. When I run/ride long distance I usually turn off UI with hotkey

Yea most of my templates are off as well.

• cartermaticcartermatic Member Posts: 53

Hey, im just wondering. I used to be a hard core mmorpg gamer, but it kind of fell off with my dreams and aspirations to become aprofessional gamer! (sarcasm) So lately ive been playing straight league of legends and its really pretty boring at times besides the random epic play. So saying, i really want to get back into mmo gaming and this game looks very fun and all and i know it is supposed to be sandboxy. Can you loot other people? and also. i saw in a vid autopathing.. like click and just afk while ur guy runs type of thing.. that stuff doesnt exactly enthrall me so is that a large portion of the game? or are most ppl moving their toons on their own? and is the pvp pretty dynamic? and not faceroll haha. sorry its alot. but im really interested in getting back into these games.

EDIT: ive also been trying to download the game.. but for some reason it always fails as like 600 ish mb. idk y? anyone had any trouble with the full download link?

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292

cant loot, in far future they will add skill that require pking to lvlup, if some one other pk You he may pick it up

there is autopath but not always  check  http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5496849#5496849  there are also gossip quests which You will have to solve on Your own, each map got own gossips each npc is a bit diff than other

well.. You decide    depends from taste, I like it

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

From what I've read and seen, the translation is awful, and there's very limited character customization. Those coupled with the fact that I am not a fan of the asian theme is enough to turn me away.

I've also tried to download it twice, and it always stops at 32% download for seemingly no reason. So I think I'm not meant to play this one. :p

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by cartermatic

Hey, im just wondering. I used to be a hard core mmorpg gamer, but it kind of fell off with my dreams and aspirations to become aprofessional gamer! (sarcasm) So lately ive been playing straight league of legends and its really pretty boring at times besides the random epic play. So saying, i really want to get back into mmo gaming and this game looks very fun and all and i know it is supposed to be sandboxy. Can you loot other people? and also. i saw in a vid autopathing.. like click and just afk while ur guy runs type of thing.. that stuff doesnt exactly enthrall me so is that a large portion of the game? or are most ppl moving their toons on their own? and is the pvp pretty dynamic? and not faceroll haha. sorry its alot. but im really interested in getting back into these games.

EDIT: ive also been trying to download the game.. but for some reason it always fails as like 600 ish mb. idk y? anyone had any trouble with the full download link?

Combat is dynamic. Spam you die. The most position oriented combat I've played. You fight in 3 deminsions. 

No one auto paths during combat. I think that would be worst than spamming. I've fallen in love with the auto pathing for mundane stuff like a 2 minute ride to a NPC or a node, or city to city travel.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Vhaln

And there seems to be a BIG difference.  First Chinese mmo I've ever played. A damn good showing of what they can do.

Few years ago, I enjoyed Voyage Century quite a bit.  Was also a bit of a sandbox, compared to Korean grinders, and was also originally done by a Chinese developer.  Lumping the two cultures together here would seem to make no sense at all, but people keep doing it anyhow.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Originally posted by darker70

Not only the graphics the motion capture is stunning some of the best I've seen as they actually had a Wushu master doing all the motion work. I just can not see how this game could be done any better graphically and maintain the high tempo combat  and capture that era and the spirit of all those brilliant Kung Fu movies and fight scenes.

I agree with you guys. I can't tell you how many times I've stopped in the game world and said "whooooa, thats really cool!".

• BatzenbaerBatzenbaer Member UncommonPosts: 76

I play on Ultra Settings and the Graphic is good but not very good.

For me Aion has the best character Editor and Tera/TSW the best in Game Graphic.

But these Games were AAA P2P.

In AoW i like the Flying Moves and the different Fighting Styles from the 8 Schools.

Offline Cultivation is very nice.